Wedding Welcome In 1 Bedroom Villa

4 to 9pm...how sure are you that people would leave by 9pm. Are they all driving over? That’s a lot of extra vehicles parked where Guest expect to park.

I think 1 BR Kidani would be your best bet for the extra bathroom.

Floor plan:

If possible, I would move the chair bed and any other furniture that you can (coffee table, bar chairs, dining room chairs.) move into the bedroom. Make it standing room only, except for the sofa and the dining bench that can't be moved.

Food/snacks can be placed at the dining room table (unless you move that too, inside the bedroom) and the kitchen island.

4 to 9pm...how sure are you that people would leave by 9pm. Are they all driving over? That’s a lot of extra vehicles parked where Guest expect to park.
I think people will leave before 9 am... the wedding will be the next morning, so I'm kicking them out... lol
As for parking, no one is driving. We are all flying in from Canada and Greece.

I think 1 BR Kidani would be your best bet for the extra bathroom.

Floor plan:

View attachment 437664

If possible, I would move the chair bed and any other furniture that you can (coffee table, bar chairs, dining room chairs.) move into the bedroom. Make it standing room only, except for the sofa and the dining bench that can't be moved.

View attachment 437665

Food/snacks can be placed at the dining room table (unless you move that too, inside the bedroom) and the kitchen island.

AKL, is our home resort, so I was leaning this way. Plus having a Savanna view would be fun for those that have never been to Disney (which is most of the guests). Also, finding our room here would be much easier than at a resort such as SSR or OKW.

My last debate is Gr. Floridian I think, as I would love to have my daughter's getting ready pictures around that resort. So pretty. As much as I love AKL, doesn't seem very bright and bridal for pictures.

AKL, is our home resort, so I was leaning this way. Plus having a Savanna view would be fun for those that have never been to Disney (which is most of the guests). Also, finding our room here would be much easier than at a resort such as SSR or OKW.

My last debate is Gr. Floridian I think, as I would love to have my daughter's getting ready pictures around that resort. So pretty. As much as I love AKL, doesn't seem very bright and bridal for pictures.

So, one of the reasons I would pick AKV over GF is because of the 2nd bathroom in the 1 BR at Kidani Village.

But here's a nice floor plan of VGF

You would have more furniture to move around in the 1 BR at VGF. Not that it's not doable, but now you don't have an island space to put the food on and would have to keep the dining room table rather than moving it into the bedroom.

Plus, I'm not sure Disney would let you take wedding photos around their resort without going through their approved services.

I would never impose on other guests jamming 30 people into a one bedroom villa, even for an hour or so. Five or six other guests, maybe, but not anything close to 30.

Ariel's at the BC is currently being used as the temporary Beaches & Cream but I've seen it used as gathering spaces for Wedding receptions and such. You'd need to coordinate it with Disney though.

Is your daughter getting married at Disney and using DFTW? If so, why don’t you speak with her planner and see about booking a small space, as others have mentioned? We booked The Attic at the Boardwalk for a small gathering of 28 people for about 4 hours and it was the perfect size. With a fully catered meal and open bar it ran about $2500. If you bring your own food and cut the alcohol, you may find something in your budget. The GF has several patio spaces and rooms that may fit the bill. Then you wouldn’t have to worry about disturbing neighbors and you could fully enjoy the gathering. I agree with those who mentioned that people would likely be happy to stay for the whole time. That was our case- people wanted to meet each other and enjoy the atmosphere.
https://www.disneyweddings.com/florida/venues/attic/

There is no way 30 people will fit in a 1br at AKL unless some of them stand on the balcony and in the bedroom portion. Plus there is not nearly enough seating. If you are inviting people to come to a hotel they aren’t staying at, then they are investing considerable time and/or money to get there and back and will probably want to stay for more than an hour for their investment. And several would probably like a place to sit.

So, one of the reasons I would pick AKV over GF is because of the 2nd bathroom in the 1 BR at Kidani Village.

But here's a nice floor plan of VGF

View attachment 437667

You would have more furniture to move around in the 1 BR at VGF. Not that it's not doable, but now you don't have an island space to put the food on and would have to keep the dining room table rather than moving it into the bedroom.

Plus, I'm not sure Disney would let you take wedding photos around their resort without going through their approved services.
All good points.... she has a Disney wedding photographer to take the pictures.

Is your daughter getting married at Disney and using DFTW? If so, why don’t you speak with her planner and see about booking a small space, as others have mentioned? We booked The Attic at the Boardwalk for a small gathering of 28 people for about 4 hours and it was the perfect size. With a fully catered meal and open bar it ran about $2500. If you bring your own food and cut the alcohol, you may find something in your budget. The GF has several patio spaces and rooms that may fit the bill. Then you wouldn’t have to worry about disturbing neighbors and you could fully enjoy the gathering. I agree with those who mentioned that people would likely be happy to stay for the whole time. That was our case- people wanted to meet each other and enjoy the atmosphere.
https://www.disneyweddings.com/florida/venues/attic/
She is using the Attic for her reception the next day. The problem with most venues is that they have food and beverage minimums. A public space could work as well. I have seen others doing these sort of events at the pool areas etc. Something to consider. I don't really want to add to the budget, it's already expensive enough.

She is using the Attic for her reception the next day. The problem with most venues is that they have food and beverage minimums. A public space could work as well. I have seen others doing these sort of events at the pool areas etc. Something to consider. I don't really want to add to the budget, it's already expensive enough.
That’s what we did for our meet and greet- a gathering at our pool. However, they have since changed the policy about only guests visiting the pools from the hotel you’re staying in. At that time, we had everyone come over to the quiet pool at VWL and there was maybe one or two other people there. Now that pool is very busy, and we wouldn’t be able to do it.

Some of the resorts have outdoor space. For example, I'm thinking of the beach area at BCV. It is not inside the pool area. It is next to the path where you walk to Epcot. If someone happens to be at Epcot and walks toward the YC/BC, there is nothing to prevent them from being in this area. So if you were staying at BCV, I would think you could have people gather there.

I don't recall a big outdoor area at Jambo House. But there are areas of these resorts that I don't get around to exploring.

Some of the resorts have outdoor space. For example, I'm thinking of the beach area at BCV. It is not inside the pool area. It is next to the path where you walk to Epcot. If someone happens to be at Epcot and walks toward the YC/BC, there is nothing to prevent them from being in this area. So if you were staying at BCV, I would think you could have people gather there.

I don't recall a big outdoor area at Jambo House. But there are areas of these resorts that I don't get around to exploring.
So true and the BCV area is a good idea perhaps. People can then head over to the Boardwalk and enjoy an ice cream or a snack perhaps. I guess it all depends on how coordinated the event will be. There is a bar outside beach club that, last time we stayed there we met several people who were visiting from other hotels, but the area is smallish.

Again, I think speaking to the planner may yield an idea. After working with Disney, I can tell you that believe it or not, when it came to wedding planning they were very helpful and respectful of budgets and costs. A Villa isn't cheap either, so you may be able to have a small meet and greet someplace without the food- maybe just some drinks and snacks. Good luck and congratulations- you will all have such a wonderful time.

I've seen the beach area at BC/YC roped off for Disney coordinated events. It's also the place where they plan the campfire at night. The two large rooms at the BCV are regularly used by guests to relax. The Solarium at the BC would need to be coordinated with Disney to use that space. The Breezeway at the Villas is the way to and from the pool for the resort, so it would be rude to try to take that space over for your event. The Drawing Room at the Villas might work, but, again, you'd need Disney to coordinate use of the space.

I think the coming and going may be even more disturbing to neighbors as the room doors don't always close quietly, I feel like that could become a problem very quickly if you have people going in and out and not paying attention to ensuring that the door is closed quietly each time. I am rarely bothered by my neighbors in their rooms, but often find it tiresome when next to a group that is coming and going a lot and practically slamming the door (or so it sounds). I really think that a common area would be better suited for this.

I don't think having 2 bathrooms should be a consideration. They are only going to be there for a couple of hours. You want floor space and OKW would give you the most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter