Wedding Week Dining Report *Updated 1/3 Skipper Canteen COMPLETE*

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I'm married! It still feels really surreal. We had a perfect Disney wedding and I couldn't ask for a better day. We went up there for six days and I wanted to share our dining adventures from normal Disney restaurants to the food we served at our wedding.

Table of Contents
  • Friday November 9 - Arrived at Disney, went to dinner at Artist Pointe
  • Saturday November 10 - Welcome Dinner at Fantasmic
  • Sunday November 11 - Wedding day!
  • Monday November 12 - Lunch at Coral Reef, Dinner at Le Cellier
  • Tuesday November 13 - Lunch at Columbia Harbor House, Dinner at Victoria & Albert's
  • Wednesday November 14 - Lunch at Sci-Fi Drive In

I still need to upload all my pictures to my computer, I'm hoping to do that tonight or tomorrow, but I wanted to get this started.

:welcome:

WOOHOO!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this one. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!
Thank you!

Congratulations!! Looking forward to your report!
Thank you!

Congrats!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your special days.
Thank you!

ahhh congrats! can't wait to read more!
Thank you!

Congratulations! Can't wait to read all about it! :)
Thank you!

Congratulations! Can’t wait to hear all about it.
Thank you!

Congratulations! Can't wait to read all about it.
Thank you!

Congratulations!!
Thank you!

Congratulations! I am lookign forward to your report and pictures.
Thank you!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this one. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!

November 9
Dinner at Artist Point

I finally got around to uploading all my pictures onto my computer so let's get this dining report started :)

We took Friday off from work and drove up to Disney in the early afternoon. I got the room ready text at noon, but we didn't actually get there until around 3pm. Disney gives you a free night when you book a certain number of nights in a roomblock, so we picked staying at the Polynesian for ours. We have never stayed here before and now have stayed at all the Magic Kingdom resorts.

upload_2018-11-17_9-34-8.png

The tradition of Disney never giving us a king bed continues. The room was supposed to be a standard room, but we were upgraded to a pool view, which was really nice.

upload_2018-11-17_9-35-11.png

Possibly Moana?

upload_2018-11-17_9-35-37.png

Our nice view, from the second floor.

So when I had first started planning our meals I had gotten us a reservation at Ohana. We love going there and I thought it would be the perfect meal to have before the wedding craziness started. Then I heard about Artist Point changing from a signature dining to character dining and that the menu would be changing too. I've read so many dining reviews on it and how fabulous the mushroom soup was and was sad I would never get to try it. So then we decided to get a late reservation there and go after our meal at Ohana just to try the soup. As the wedding approached I was doing a hard core diet and realized that Ohana is a lot of food and adding on another restaurant was just too crazy (I wanted to fit in my dress) so we decided to cancel Ohana and just go to Artist Point instead.

upload_2018-11-17_9-39-15.png

Now to get over to Wilderness Lodge from Poly. We decided to use only Disney transportation:
Monorail -> Boat from Magic Kingdom -> Wilderness Lodge.
Was a bit of an effort to get there, but we saw this beautiful sunset as we went around on the monorail.

upload_2018-11-17_9-41-12.png

I was really excited to try this restaurant, especially since the next day was their last as a signature dining.

upload_2018-11-17_9-41-59.png

The lighting in the restaurant made for some weird shadows from my phone.

upload_2018-11-17_9-42-45.png

Normally I would have gone with filet mignon, but I was still on my wedding diet. We both decided on getting the soup, I talked it up quite a bit so my DH :-)D fun using that for the first time) wanted to try it too. For our main courses I decided on the Sea Scallops and he went with the buffalo.

upload_2018-11-17_9-45-24.png

I didn't have any of the bread, but my DH said it was really good.

upload_2018-11-17_9-46-32.png

The delicious Smoked Mushroom Bisque. This soup certainly lived up to the hype. It was creamy and delicious. Does anyone know if it will continue to be served in the lounge next door or will it be gone completely?

upload_2018-11-17_9-48-23.png

Then the restaurant surprised us with two glasses of champagne to help us celebrate. It was really sweet of them and a complete surprise.

Reach picture limit...

November 9
Dinner at Artist Point Continued

upload_2018-11-17_9-50-32.png

My scallop dish. For the price, I didn't really feel like this was worth it. There were only three scallops on the plate and it was mostly unflavored rice. There were large mushrooms that were soaked in something delicious and I did enjoy those. The dish did help me stay on my wedding diet since I didn't eat much.

upload_2018-11-17_9-51-53.png

The buffalo was really good, I got to try a couple bites. It came with boast braised short rib and strip loin. Both were prepared wonderfully.

We passed on desserts. Overall, I really liked this restaurant and I'm a little sad that it will now be character dining, although I am excited to experience that too.

Going back to our hotel we took the boat to the Contemporary instead of Magic Kingdom. We met two ladies in line that were hilarious and great to talk to. From the Contemporary we took the monorail back. From our room we could hear the fireworks, but couldn't see them.

The next day we checked out to move over to the Grand Floridian Villas. We needed a cart since we had a lot of luggage and the wedding dress and tux. They sent someone to our room who put everything on a golf cart and drove us right to our car. I've never experienced anything like this before, I felt really VIP.

upload_2018-11-17_9-56-20.png

The golf cart with my huge wedding dress on the back.

I was worried about moving hotel rooms this day since we would be without a place to put everything for a few hours. The hotel was really accommodating and we ended up getting our room ready at 12pm. This worked out perfectly since I was buying a lot of food at Publix for everyone getting ready with me on the wedding morning.

upload_2018-11-17_9-58-40.png

We were staying in a one-bedroom villa. It was the first time we stayed here and I have to say it was probably the best out of all the villas we have stayed at.

upload_2018-11-17_9-59-29.png

I wanted to get a room that would be big enough for the 8 people getting ready with me for hair and makeup, the additional space was definitely helpful.

upload_2018-11-17_10-0-11.png

upload_2018-11-17_10-0-25.png

Our view was of the Wedding Pavilion where I would be getting married the next day :love:

upload_2018-11-17_10-1-43.png

We had a TV in the mirror, how cool is that?

upload_2018-11-17_10-2-7.png

We ended up buying sushi for lunch from Publix. I didn't take pictures, but we got spicy tuna and spicy salmon rolls that were good.

Up next our Welcome Dinner at Fantasmic...

I’m glad you got to try Artist Point before it changed format! That soup is phenomenal! I haven’t heard if it will live on in the lounge but I sure hope it will!! Now you have me wondering if the recipe is in any of the cookbooks. I just love Grand Floridian Villas. I’ve only stayed there once but agree it’s my favorite from a villa decor standpoint as well. Yay for the VIP treatment. Can’t wait to hear all about your big day!!

First congratulations! ! Glad you got to Artist Point but agree 3 scallops is a few too few. I had thought about doing it last year but decide we will maybe go next time , oh well.
Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Congratulations! So happy that you are married and getting to try out the word "husband." I couldn't stop saying it after I got married.

Wow! The GF villa is gorgeous! We spent a lot of time at the GF during our vacation, and I absolutely loved it.

Looking forward to more!

The scallops aside glad to see you finally got to try Artist Point before all the character madness begins. AP isn't my favorite restaurant at all, but we do enjoy it so I am not happy to see what they are turning it into. Makes me worried for the future of the other signatures.

I am firmly in the mushroom hating camp, but rumor is they are going to serve the soup in Territory Lounge.

Your GF suite is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to hear all about the wedding.

I'm glad you got to try AP. I knew you wanted to and were craving the mushroom soup, so Yay!

I rememebr when Buddy and I were married. We had been together for 12 years, so I did not think anything would change, but that whole name thing! We stayed at an AI in Aruba, and at that time you signed for what you ordered, either beverages or food. I signed every stinkin slip! Mrs. Buddy G! He thought I was so silly!

The villa looks awesome, and so spacious.

I’m glad you got to try Artist Point before it changed format! That soup is phenomenal! I haven’t heard if it will live on in the lounge but I sure hope it will!! Now you have me wondering if the recipe is in any of the cookbooks. I just love Grand Floridian Villas. I’ve only stayed there once but agree it’s my favorite from a villa decor standpoint as well. Yay for the VIP treatment. Can’t wait to hear all about your big day!!
I tried googling the recipe, but it seemed really complicated and I probably won't be able to recreate it. It would be awesome if the lounge keeps it so somewhere on Disney property you can get it. I definitely want to go back to those villas one day, maybe if I plan a vow renewal I'll have an excuse lol.

First congratulations! ! Glad you got to Artist Point but agree 3 scallops is a few too few. I had thought about doing it last year but decide we will maybe go next time , oh well.
Looking forward to the rest of your report.
Thank you :) It was nice trying to before it disappears. The soup definitely would have brought me back, but they must be crazy charging so much for three scallops it was way overpriced.

Congratulations! So happy that you are married and getting to try out the word "husband." I couldn't stop saying it after I got married.

Wow! The GF villa is gorgeous! We spent a lot of time at the GF during our vacation, and I absolutely loved it.

Looking forward to more!
I changed his name in my phone to Hubby and every time I go to call him it takes me a moment. I do get excited when people refer to him as my husband. We've now been married one week :) The villa was amazing, my bridesmaids were commenting that it was nicer than their apartments lol.

The scallops aside glad to see you finally got to try Artist Point before all the character madness begins. AP isn't my favorite restaurant at all, but we do enjoy it so I am not happy to see what they are turning it into. Makes me worried for the future of the other signatures.

I am firmly in the mushroom hating camp, but rumor is they are going to serve the soup in Territory Lounge.

Your GF suite is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to hear all about the wedding.
It's a shame that it's going away since all the other deluxe resorts have a nice signature restaurant and Wilderness Lodge won't anymore. I hope that rumor is true, would be amazing :) And I have yo-yo'd with liking and hating mushrooms. When I was really little I loved them until someone told me they were fungus and I couldn't go near one for over a decade. Then I decided to try one again recently and remembered how much I liked them. I miss that room, we definitely have to stay there again in the future.

I'm glad you got to try AP. I knew you wanted to and were craving the mushroom soup, so Yay!

I rememebr when Buddy and I were married. We had been together for 12 years, so I did not think anything would change, but that whole name thing! We stayed at an AI in Aruba, and at that time you signed for what you ordered, either beverages or food. I signed every stinkin slip! Mrs. Buddy G! He thought I was so silly!

The villa looks awesome, and so spacious.
Ya I was being a little crazy trying to get to try this soup. I'm glad it worked out, especially since the soup definitely lived up to the hype. I was a little worried I'd do all this to get it and then it wouldn't taste good. That is so cute how you were signing for your food. All my coworkers walk past me and call me by my new last name it's really cute. The room was really spacious, it worked perfectly having 8 people getting ready and 4 makeup and hair people. It would have been really tight in a normal hotel room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!