Wedding Help!

TiggerTink82

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

So we originally wanted a memories ceremony with just us and our three daughters (both 2nd marriages). Anyway, lots of people were disappointed that they wouldn't be there.
We then went way over the 20 people for the escape package and no way can afford a wishes wedding!

We have around 60 people who have shown interest in coming to celebrate. We are still going to have our memories ceremony, and they all know that it is just the 5 of us!

But, my predicament is what to do to celebrate with them.

Right now we are planning;
MK photo shoot wedding day morning (to do first glance there!)
Memories wedding ceremony
Firework party at GF

We have a budget of around $4,000 for the party - what would you serve/do? Is this enough for everyone who has made their way from Canada to join us?

We love Trader Sam's too, so an after ceremony get together is also an option

Thoughts and comments welcome!

Sarah

Have you called Disney Catering and asked them these questions? $4000 for 60 people is a tight budget, but maybe you can serve champagne and cake or something like that? Or desserts.... However, 60 interested people may translate into less actual guests as well. Good luck@! Congratulations!

That is tough—do you think 60 people will really come all the way to Florida from Canada? I suppose if the numbers shrank you could always upgrade to Escape later. I have interviewed a few couples who have had a larger group reservation after a small Memories ceremony. Here's a good episode: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/memories-wedding-spotlight-shaina-adam/

If 60 people do show up, you're going to need one of the larger venues in Epcot for your private event, which means a higher food and beverage minimum. I have complete details on how to plan a private catered event here: https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

I had 80 people in Epcot for a dessert party and we spend around $5,500. We served two items and it was a great time. So if we had 60 it should be a little less than that.

I had 80 people in Epcot for a dessert party and we spend around $5,500. We served two items and it was a great time. So if we had 60 it should be a little less than that.

Love this idea! You did a dessert party for our guests and we also took them to 1900 Park Fare for our rehearsal dinner. I think it was $45 per person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!