Wedding gift?

disneylover23

Mouseketeer
Hi we have a wedding to attend in 2 weeks. He is my mothers cousins son ... we haven’t seen them in years . The wedding is at a beach resort. What is an appropriate gift amount to give? I haven’t been to a wedding in probably 10 years.
Thanks in advance !

If you are going, I'd do between $100-$200, depending on what you can afford. Myself, it would be $100, b/c that's a pretty distant relationship and money is still a big factor for us (aka, it's limited:))...

If you are not (it seems you are from your post, but I wasn't 100% sure), I'd do between $50-$100, depending on what you can afford.

I don't know why people invite people that they haven't seen in years. I would likely decline an invitation like this and then send a smaller gift, perhaps $50. If I was attending a wedding in northern New Jersey, I would give $200-300 depending on how close I was to the couple.

Thanks for all the input we are in New Jersey. The wedding is in south jersey at a small beach venue. Ceremony on beach reception after in restaurant attached

We give 50 cause they are not close. Are they registered somewhere? Worth asking you could still get out cheaper yet. We went in with other people on a target gift, target gives you an option for that on there registry

Having planned a wedding in this decade (and ours was on a budget) I would not go if I couldn’t give at least $50 per person.

I usually get a personalized gift as well as to not be impersonal.

Thanks for all the input everyone! I was thinking old school since back in the day it was expected to “pay for your plate” however I’ve read that is thankfully no longer a thing.

I’m thinking we might be ok to give between $100-150 I don’t want to be cheap but I also,feel like I don’t really know them so I don’t feel the need to give more if that makes sense
In hindsight we should have declined the invite and just sent a small gift

Thanks for all the input everyone! I was thinking old school since back in the day it was expected to “pay for your plate” however I’ve read that is thankfully no longer a thing.

I’m thinking we might be ok to give between $100-150 I don’t want to be cheap but I also,feel like I don’t really know them so I don’t feel the need to give more if that makes sense
In hindsight we should have declined the invite and just sent a small gift
I think you are fine with 100.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter