Webster, Clear Lake, Pasadena, BayTown, Galveston, Houston Tx

zendisney

<font color=deeppink>The Dis is like potato chips.
Any diser's out there wanna meet and talk Disney?

Yep. Love it. We will be there in late June. I'm a new, but huge Disney fan and I live in the Clear Lake area. So, nice to meet you neighbor. :cool1:

I was looking for a Houston Dis thread but couldn't find one until a friend from the NOLa Dis community boards gave me this link. How I would love to meet some Houston-ites. I am moving to the area by end of year.

My name is Lori and I am a New Orleans gal who has loved Disney since I was 16-the first time I ever went to WDW! I actually live about 40 minutes north of NOLa in Covington. My hubby was laid off in December and he just got a job that is bringing us to Houston. Nola will always be home- it was where I was born and raised. We did live in Plano(Dallas) for 2.5 years about 11 years ago, but we went home after baby #1. I have 2 girls, 11 and 9-we homeschool them.

Although your thread says it is for more south of Houston peeps, we are looking to live NW of the city. We are coming this week to check out areas and see where we like. We are very overwhelmed by the size of the city and are looking for a slower pace on the outskirts.

Anyway- I hope to talk to you all another time!

Lori

That sounds like fun! We'll be there mid-June celebrating DD Graduation.

Lori1043, I've lived my whole life in NW Houston -- Cy-Fair area. Good schools, lots of growth, nice area, but traffic can be pretty bad if you have to commute Downtown, to the Galleria, etc..

Nice to see other people from the Houston area!

OK, what about Tomball?? WE have no reason to go downtown at this point as my hubby's office will be in a local branch close to whereever we live. I ahve heard that before though- the Cy-fair is trafficy. My cousin lives there and we are not wanting that far west, but somewhere maybe b/t Tomball and the Woodlands. We live small town life, but still suburbia. As long as a stuff mart is within 10-15 minutes-I'm good!!

Any help welcome!!

Lori

Tomball and even Magnolia are further north and west than the Cy-Fair area. Spring would also be north of the Cy-fair area. Traffic in the Cy-Fair area can be a bit hectic, especially if you head into Houston on Hwy 290. But, if you head into Houston from Tomball or Magnolia, you would face the same traffic. Tomball is a growing area --- good health care, decent shopping and restaurants, and you're not too far from either Willowbrook or The Woodlands.

I've lived my whole life in Cy-Fair and remember when there was nothing there but 2 lane roads and cows --- not even a grocery store within a 30 minute drive. Times have changed!

we spent most of the day in the Cy Fair area today-it is sooo pretty!

We loved Fairfield, of course and Copper field and Riata Ranch is nice too. Tomorrow we head north to Woodlands/Spring area. But today was very tempting to live in!

Thank you for your help!! Thankfully, my hubby can work from an office close to our home-wherever that may become.

Lori

Sending out a hello from Houston as well. We are going the week before Thanksgiving in Nov. I live off of the Beltway and Blackhawk and would love to share ideas and tips with some local folk!

Talk to you!

Dawn

I posted on this thread last year and totally forgot about it. So hi too all of you Houstonians. I would love to have a friend nearby that is as Disney crazy as myself. :banana:

Ok, so we spent a free week in the CyFair area and it is very nice-but I experinced the traffic heading into and out of the area-goodness!!

We are gonna come back and check out Conroe. We have no reason to commute into the city except for every once in a while, so as long as we are in the Houston area, we can move wherever. My goal is to live in a nice place and my new goal is to NOT have to use 6-10 to get to or from the area!!:laughing: hence our idea to check out Conroe. We can take some different was from La. without going into the city.

I REALLY hope this thread will grow!

Lori

Ok, so we spent a free week in the CyFair area and it is very nice-but I experinced the traffic heading into and out of the area-goodness!!

We are gonna come back and check out Conroe. We have no reason to commute into the city except for every once in a while, so as long as we are in the Houston area, we can move wherever. My goal is to live in a nice place and my new goal is to NOT have to use 6-10 to get to or from the area!!:laughing: hence our idea to check out Conroe. We can take some different was from La. without going into the city.

I REALLY hope this thread will grow!

Lori

Conroe is great as well as the Woodlands. I am originally from Spring but have made my way over tio the South East side and now live in Friendswood. If you have any questions about The Woodlands or Conroe area, I would be glad to help you out.

Hi Dawn. You are close to my area. I live off of Beamer and FM 2351 in Friendswood. Yeah, I have a nearby DIS friend.

We are on the Richmond/Fulshear area. We love Disney and are annual pass holders. We just done get to go as often as we’d like due to those pesky things called jobs. LoL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!