Weather on the transatlantic to Barcelona? How warm?

coloradocutie

DIS Veteran
Can anyone comment on the weather on this EBTA from Miami? Will it be warm enough for everyone to enjoy the pools on the sea days (not just kids who, as we have all see, will go in the pool despite any weather :goodvibes). Is it too cool to enjoy being outside?
Thanks for any thoughts! We are considering this one... our last transatlantic was a Northerly route and freezing, so hoping we can enjoy the sun and being warm :).

We’ll be on the EBTA Miami to Barcelona next month, so I’ve been watching temperatures on the accuweather.com site. This includes information on historical day-by-day highs and lows along with the projected highs and lows for this year (based on some computer weather model). Right now, we’re looking at average highs for the second half of May for Ponta Delgada, Lisbon, Cadiz, Malaga, Ibiza, and Barcelona that are usually in the 70 to 75 degrees F. On the series of sea days between Miami and Ponta Delgada, I expect temperatures might be on a gradual downward slope from something in the mid- or possibly high-80s as we sail to those temperatures in the 70s as we near the Azores. It’s hard to get projected temperatures for the sea days where there are no identifiable cities to use for historical comparison.

I certainly hope temperatures on the sea days are in this range. We did the WBTA from Barcelona to NY in 2016, stopping at Ponta Delgada enroute and then sailing across to Nova Scotia. The weather got dolder and wetter after we left the Azores until we reached Canada, so we switched from WBTA to EBTA with the more southerly route in the hopes of better weather.

Can anyone comment on the weather on this EBTA from Miami? Will it be warm enough for everyone to enjoy the pools on the sea days (not just kids who, as we have all see, will go in the pool despite any weather :goodvibes). Is it too cool to enjoy being outside?
Thanks for any thoughts! We are considering this one... our last transatlantic was a Northerly route and freezing, so hoping we can enjoy the sun and being warm :).
Our EBTA in 2016 was anything but warm enough to use the pools. Except for the sea day immediately following our departure from Port Canaveral, the rest of the trip was cold, rainy, and windy. So much so that during the sea days from Sydney to Dublin they closed the doors to deck 4, not allowing people outside. And the captain turned the ship more south than originally planned.

What route is your cruise? If it's on the northerly side, it'll probably be cold. If it's more mid-ocean it won't be as cold, but the temperature will lower from Miami to Barcelona.

Our EBTA in 2016 was anything but warm enough to use the pools. Except for the sea day immediately following our departure from Port Canaveral, the rest of the trip was cold, rainy, and windy. So much so that during the sea days from Sydney to Dublin they closed the doors to deck 4, not allowing people outside. And the captain turned the ship more south than originally planned.

What route is your cruise? If it's on the northerly side, it'll probably be cold. If it's more mid-ocean it won't be as cold, but the temperature will lower from Miami to Barcelona.
We were right there with you on the EBTA in 2016... we live in Colorado and that was truly one of the coldest we have ever been! We were thinking about the 2019 EBTA from Miami to Barcelona... like the one Ralph&Pam is looking at. Hoping it would be lay out warm :)

We’ll be on the EBTA Miami to Barcelona next month, so I’ve been watching temperatures on the accuweather.com site. This includes information on historical day-by-day highs and lows along with the projected highs and lows for this year (based on some computer weather model). Right now, we’re looking at average highs for the second half of May for Ponta Delgada, Lisbon, Cadiz, Malaga, Ibiza, and Barcelona that are usually in the 70 to 75 degrees F. On the series of sea days between Miami and Ponta Delgada, I expect temperatures might be on a gradual downward slope from something in the mid- or possibly high-80s as we sail to those temperatures in the 70s as we near the Azores. It’s hard to get projected temperatures for the sea days where there are no identifiable cities to use for historical comparison.

I certainly hope temperatures on the sea days are in this range. We did the WBTA from Barcelona to NY in 2016, stopping at Ponta Delgada enroute and then sailing across to Nova Scotia. The weather got dolder and wetter after we left the Azores until we reached Canada, so we switched from WBTA to EBTA with the more southerly route in the hopes of better weather.
Yes! This is the same one, but for next year, that we are looking at. I never knew accuweather could do all of that! That is super information. I hope that the weather is really lovely on your trip next month!

Last edited:
We did the 2017 EBTA and had warm weather the entire trip. We were shocked because we were ending in Copenhagen and even in England the temperatures were in the upper 70's and low 80's. We used the pool everyday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter