Weather Expectations for September

A&S

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me what sort of weather I would expect in September (21st-3rd oct)?
We will be coming from spring weather so I’m assuming it won’t be too much of a change for our bodies.
It is currently autumn here now and we have had very warm weather (almost an extended summer) with temps being anywhere from 25C -35C (77F-95F). Is the weather similar in Anaheim in autumn?
Will I be needing to pack a lot of jumpers and long pants for our family or only be needing jumpers once the sun goes down? We have been there in April, Dec, Jan, I’m wondering if the weather is similar to April weather.
Thanks!

I've found that September is typically pretty warm...it can be anywhere from nice to blazing hot (>100F). Of the three months you've listed, it's probably closest to April, but warmer (in general).

Hot.

Hot.

Hot.

September is usually hot. No need for long pants but maybe bring lightweight hoodies or jackets. Obviously, check the forecast the week before you travel.

It's not really similar to April weather, which can be quite cold in the mornings and evenings. September sees warmer "low temps", usually mid to upper 60's.

It is definitely cooling down by September, although some years we get a heat wave that just keeps going. You have the possibility of Santa Ana winds which are warm and dry, but make it feel cooler because it is not so humid. (Those same winds also cancel fireworks though!) September usually has a bit of a personality disorder and can't make up its mind what season it wants to be so it could be 80 one day and 65 the next! 100 is rare, and if it did hit 100 it would not last all day, only a very short time. You are not likely to have any rain though. I would expect high 70's to low 80's for the afternoon, upper 60's in the evening and mornings.

Expect very hot. September heat lingers throughout the month. We've worn shorts and tees during the day, at night I like to have a hoodie, but some days it's still too hot for that.

Reactions: A&S
We’ve visited in mid-late September for the past 4 years. Two of the years is was BLAZING hot and two years it was just warm. We haven’t had the need for jacket or sweaters at all during this time. I recommend cooling towels and shorts.

Reactions: A&S

I've found that September is typically pretty warm...it can be anywhere from nice to blazing hot (>100F). Of the three months you've listed, it's probably closest to April, but warmer (in general).

Thank you :)
If that’s the case we only used our jumpers once the sun went down so I’ll packing mainly shorts and shirts!

Thank you everyone. It sounds like it’s similar to our autumn weather (although it’s still so humid here and no crisp mornings yet!), so we won’t be needing too many warmer clothes.

When building architects design heating and cooling systems, they use average temps for September for the heat and February for cold. We went in September of 2015, think it hit 103 one day, not fun.

I went last year in September and it was unusually humid. It was also hot, too, at least mid-80s, so coupled with the humidity it made things feel worse. I don't know if it'll be humid again, but it was definitely 80s/pushing 90. Just be sure to drink lots and lots and loooots of water, eat good foods that aren't going to dehydrate you, choose rides with indoor/shaded queues, take breaks frequently, and pop into stores or other buildings where you can escape the heat. Water rides are the best, too!

Avg high for Sept is 87 per the national weather service.
But it can vary from there quite a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter