Weather and Magic Express questions

nannyker

Earning My Ears
we are planning a very short trip Feb 26 - March 1 I have a few questions.....

1. Whats the weather like? I see its in the mid 70 s during the day but Im more concerned with the humidity. Is the humidity usually high? Last time we went in September and it was unbearable for us.

2. Would this be a time of year to wear long pants, capris or shorts most of the days? I really want to pack just what we will need since its such a short trip.

3.Our return flight doesnt leave until 11pm on the last day. Does the Magic Express stop running by a certain time at night or will they make sure if we are signed up they take us later when we need to go? I thought I had seen something that said they stopping running at 9 or 10pm but I cant find anything now.

I will start by saying I have not been in February.

1. It's Florida so its going to be humid all year. But obviously in February you're not going to notice it as much as you would in September.
2. Unfortunately you're going to have to bring more than you want because you're going to want layers/options. But personally I'd probably do mostly capris and pants and bring a jacket especially for morning and night.
3. Magical Express runs 24/7. They will pick you up 3 hours prior to your flight for domestic flights and 4 hours prior for international flights.

Thank you. I figured there would still be some humidity. We live in Pennsylvania so we have humidity a lot in the summer but not like down there.

I was thinking layering like you said would be our best plan. I love the idea it will be in the mid 70’s but I know it can turn cold just as quick.

Thanks for the express info. So now I wont need to worry about if I need an alternate plan for the airport.

I have been there at the end of Feb. in the past. During the day the weather was pleasant ( most days around the mid-70s ) and there was no rain that week. It was warm enough for us to be at the pool one day. I found there to be little humidity ( much less than October ).

I'm a tank top and shorts girl so those are my go-to. I usually bring at least 1 pair of jeans just in case.

On my 1st trip in February, I did bring gloves and a scarf - didn't need them at all.

We are planning to be at WDW at the same time, but our trip is a bit longer.

I have been during the last week of February a few times. Sometimes it's unseasonably cool, sometimes unseasonably warm. However, I feel like if you are aware of the weather forecast before you come and pack accordingly, unseasonably cool can be amazing weather. I've worn jeans and jackets with layers; and I've worn shorts and tees. Either way, I'd definitely take a light jacket for mornings/evenings and then plan pants/shorts depending on the highs. That time of year I would be traveling in jeans anyhow, so I would just wear them to the parks if the weather was cool.

Magical Express will have your flight info (as long as you provide it) and they will pick you up a few hours before the flight, regardless of it being late. I'm not sure if they run overnight, but they stop pulling ARRIVAL luggage with the yellow DME tags at 10pm, so if you are arriving TO the airport later than 10pm you have to go to baggage claim. That may be the time limit that you are recalling.

What about late March? - avoiding the week before and after Easter
weather?
crowds?

We hail from the North - so we will have our jackets, gloves, jeans and sweatshirts with us.

I've been in February once. The week before our trip it was consistently in the mid to high 70's. The week we were there it was in the mid to high 60's, which was unexpectedly cool but actually kind of delightful and we probably got a lot more done because we weren't wilting out each day. The day we left the temps rose steadily and by the time we got on to ME it was back up into the 70's.

I am glad I found this as I am going 17-24 FEB, and was curious about the weather... I have been to WDW in November, December and early January, this will be something new!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts