Weather and Crowds in March

slmjam

DIS Veteran
My husband just agreed to a trip to the World the first week of March, 2004....YIPPEE!!!! :bounce:

Can anyone tell me what the weather and crowds are like during that time of year???

We have gone in March the last 5 years and the weather has been great. It is usually in the mid to high 70's. We've had some extremely warm days also but luckily we've never encountered really cold days. This year was the only year we experienced a couple of rain showers during the day. We love March.

two words..........spring break
weather is mild pleasant and hot enough to go swimming even if you are from the south already but not as humid. not many bugs.

That sounds great. We're from Houston and although we're used to the heat and humidity.....well, I guess as much as anyone can ever get used to it... we've always gone during the summer so 70's sounds perfect! How crowded are the parks?

This year we went the first week of March and since Easter was later...there were only 5 and 10 minute waits for rides with the exception of Test track. I think the later in March you go .....the more crowded

We went this year from 2/27-3/8 and it was great! Minimal crowds most days, although I found it quite hot. It was very humid and it got up to 90 two or three of our days. And buckets of rain almost every afternoon- at least the first half of the trip. The only time the lines were bad was our second to last morning (3/7) we went to MGM and at 9:15 there was already a 60 minute wait time posted for ToT. But we just got a fastpass and went back- and going through the line, I don't think there were THAT many people in it. It looked more like 30 minutes. I would recommend it as a good time to go, as long as Easter isn't in mid-March.

Wow...90 at that time of year. Hopefully it won't be that hot when we go! How about the rides - are there a lot of rehab's going on? And, are either TL or BB open yet? I'm trying to decide what kind of park hoppers to get.

Typhoon lagoon is always open in March....but blizzard beach we have missed every time. Sometimes it opens the day after we leave but this year I don't think it opened til April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!