wear to buy kids comfy sandles?

andychris14

DIS Veteran
Now that I have birkenstocks for me and straprunners for my dh I need to get the kids(girls size 11 1/2 and boys size 2 1/2). I got a catalog for birkenstocks for kids but they are $49.99 plus shipping.
1- Which shoe would you purchase for your kids?
2- Wear did you buy them?
3- I am looking for the best price.
Thanks again

I buy my daughter's sandals from Payless. They've gotten a lot better with children's shoes and she doesn't seem to have a problem with them. They have some really cute disney sandals too.

I usually buy my four kids sandals at either Kohls (They usually have great prices on Nike sandals), Payless, or Stride Right.

I am worried about their feet too. I am buying a good pair of walking sandals for me and dh, I feel guilty not doing the same for the kids. They are going to be walking just as much as us. Any ideas? Are the regular sandals comfy for the kids to be walking in day in and day out? Thanks again!!!

JC Penney's has a sandal called River Rat. It's Men's Boys and little Boys, My 4yr old DD loves these shoes, she is on her 3rd size of them. They have a thick solid sole, kinda like a tennis shoe. They run anywhere from 12-20 dollars depending on the sale they might be running.

Angela

Another vote for Stride Rite.....many Stride Rite sales people are very knowledgeable about what works best for kids at different ages. E.G., they've always suggested sandals with at least some closure around the toes for Toddlers/Preschoolers, and I've learned that that is a big advantage. I think they are quality shoes....a little expensive, but not outrageous like some of the really famous names.

Rack Room this weekend had TONS of kids Nike and other name-brand sandals. I almost bought myself a pair of the boys, but in the end they were just too ugly, even if they were pretty comfortable. No women's Nike sandals there though.

LLBean has reasonably priced well constructed kids sandals for 25.00 per pair. I also put in a vote for sneakers and socks. Less blisters, better support.

I also wanted to buy my daughter a good pair of sandels for our past trip. I believe in a good pair of comfortable shoes, this is what I buy myself after all.

But I did end up buying two pairs at Payless for $16.00. I was very leary of letting my daughter where these all day at the park but she told me her feet didn't hurt after wearing them all day. But I also believe that socks and shoes are the way to go. So for the rest of our trip that is what I made her where.

Bought my 8 yr old dds Nike Straprunners for children at Sports Authority - buy one get one for half off! They love them! Not to mention, they're just like mom's. Bought my 5 yr old dd Nike "something or others" at Kohls. Having been there in Aug when it's so hot, sandles are the way for us this year.

No matter what you get, get them early enough for them to be well broken in before you go.

82 days - WDW here we come!

I bought my DS(2) Nike Sandals from Khols. He wears a size 10 & I think they were about $15. We went in April & he wore them the whole time we were there. He did not get a chance to wear them ahead of time cause it was to cold here. He would rather wear his sandals over his tennis shoes any day.

This time of year they often have serious name-brand kids sandals on sale for under $20. I always get DS' sandals there. There are some incredible deals; a few weeks ago they had girls Elefantens for that price!

sneakers and socks too! I carried a pair of sandles and a pair of water shoes for running thru fountains. I know my feet are always happiest if I keep changing my foot wear - this way any sore/rubbed spots get a break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter