We were planning DL but.....

BelleBeast

OKW Owner and Proud of It!!
Hey Everybody,
My family is proud owners of the DVC to Old Key West and every June we head to Florida for a glorious 10 days!!
This year we thought we would go to California instead just to compare the two parks and so we don't get bored with DW(Not that I ever could) but we hadn't anticipated DCA opening and we can't leave until mid-June(awaiting my parents 50th Anniversary celebration) and now I'm afraid of California and the crowds - I'm afraid my kids would wind up disappointed!! (ages 10,8 and 5)

Any opinioins would be greatly appreciated - Pro's vs. Cons!

Thanks so much!
BelleBeast

Hi BelleBeast!

Well, quite honestly I think you're wise to be concerned about the crowds in mid-June...from all indications it looks like the new park will be quite popular, and Disneyland itself is always pretty packed in the summer months. But you know what, so is WDW, right? :) And if you have to pick from a weather perspective, I'd take June here over June in Orlando any day...we get dry heat, and in June it's usually not very hot at all...highs in the 70s and 80s, with evenings still somewhat cool.

I think if you have reasonable expectations about the crowds and some plans for OTHER places to visit in Southern California (we have plenty to offer!) then your kids won't be disappointed at all.

Good luck deciding! :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

Also remember since you're 2 hours ahead of us in Calif. your kids will be ready to enjoy the parks early. That's the best time to get on rides and lines are a lot shorter. The parks don't usually begin to fill up until 11:00am. (Keep in mind that I'm quite biased in favor of DL!) :)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My family is proud owners of the DVC to Old Key West and every June we head to Florida for a glorious 10 days!!
[/quote]

Welcome Home ;)

You need to do the California trip eventually right?

The kiddies are the perfect age, GO FOR IT!

The weather in Florida is like a sauna compared to June in California, is would be a great time to go.

The park has mega-extended hours during the summer months and with the opening of the Califonria Adventure, it will be years before the crowds die down.

I do think 10 days will be too much, I would shoot for 5-6 days max to see both parks at a brisk pace.

At 10 days, you would be bored silly, and be lost for words as to what to do next.

I am going on points to the Grand Californian in April, I have heard from many that it is the best hotel in all of Disneyana and then off the The Boardwalk for 8 nights during the non-sauna month of November.
:D

Go to DL, all true fans must make the trip to the Mecca of Disney at least once.

anidragon01.gif

Feel free to send me an email :)

If you need help with your Disney problem click here:Calbay's 12 Steps of Disneyholics Anonymouse

My recent trip to the Disneyland Resort
Calbay's Holiday 2000 Disneyland Trip Report

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter