We took the first step!!!! sm

susaninMS

Earning My Ears
We made our reservations at CBR for October, and the plane tickets, too!! We will land on a Saturday at about 11:30 a.m. , so I think we can hit a park that afternoon. I initially felt we might just stay at the pool that afternoon, but I kinda don't think my dd7 and dd5 will like that too much. We'll be leaving the following Thursday. This is our first trip to WDW--me and my DH included!! It's not the longest trip, but next year we'll tack another day or 2 onto the trip.

But you know what is stressing me the most? Getting an idea of what priority seating to seek out. I want to go to the ice cream social at Epcot--but I could care LESS about Epcot.....I guess I better get an idea of what exactly I want. The time to call for that will be here before we know it!!

We've decided to do just the park hoppers; not the plus 'cuz the resort pool area will be just fine for us.

Welcome and happy planning. You will get a lot of information on resturants over on the resturant boards. We have not done the icecream social but hear it's fun. A princess character meal would be a great choice too. One note is to not write off Epcot so quicky. You might find it to be a favorite of everyone. Try planning at least a little time there and you can always park hop if you are not happy with it. Bet your girls would love the living sea, spaceship earth, the boat rides in the WS as well as many other attrations. Have fun working on those PS's.

Jordan's mom

Oh yes, please give Epcot a chance! It was our favorite park-it is large so it does not seem crowded and the pace is so much more laid back. My dd's(2 and 10) really enjoyed it as well. We actually went to Epcot 5 times during our trip!! And you absolutely should not miss Illuminations.
With 2 dd's a princess meal is a must!! Other character meals that would be good are Chef Mickey's and the Crystal Palace. It is really hard to decide where to eat at WDW-there is so much to choose from-have fun planning :D

Epcot was my kids' favorite thing! They loved decorating their masks in the "lands" and getting their passports signed. (You get them at the gift shops in Epcot.)
In the World Showcase my ds6 LOVES The Land and everything in it. My dd8 liked making a cell phone and making paper in Innoventions. We all liked playing with the computers and stuff and merging our pictures with animals to email home. I forget what building that was in. There's so much to do there but a lot of people blow it off when they visit. On our trip in Dec. we spent 1 1/2 days there- longer than any other park.

Don't stress about PS's. Make some for restaurants you think you may like to eat at. If need be, you can always call & cancel them.

Also, another vote to give EPCOT a chance. There is so much to see & do there. I have 3 DD's that love EPCOT. If you are going to the ice cream social in The Land then right in that pavilion there are many things to do, including: Living With The Land, Food Rocks & Circle Of Life.

I think they would enjoy Universe of Energy with Ellen. Honey I Shrunk The Audience is a lot of fun. Don't forget about Spaceship Earth - what kid doesn't want to "ride in the big ball". :) Wonders of Life has so many things to see & do, including Body Wars, The Making of Me & Cranium Command.

Those are just a few of the things at EPCOT in Future World - head on over to World Showcase & there are tons of things to see & do. Don't forget about the Tapestry of Dreams parade & Illuminations, which is incredible.

Anyway, have fun & don't make a decision or a judgement on something until you have at least given it a chance. There are many things that my family & I thought we wouldn't like, but after giving it a chance many things have turned into our favorites! :)

Epcot is my second favorite park (first is actually AK LOL!) Seriously, give Epcot a go. It is such a wonderful place. You have to approach Epcot from a slightly different line of thinking. People hear "Disney" and they automatically think characters and movies so when they read about Epcot they go, "That's not *Disney*!" But it is from an artistic, futuristic, creative sense. We didn't do Epcot the first 2 times we went down because we didn't think there would be anything for our kids to do. we want to kick ourselves now for it!! Our kids easily vote Epcot their second favorite place to go (after MK)

As for what to do that first day, since you have PH's then save them for full days and go to DTD and do a little pre-park shopping (lanyards, hats, postcards, etc.) and then enjoy your resort. Otherwise you will use a full day for a partial day at the parks. We usually try to ease into our Disney mode the first day instead of rushing to the parks. And DO go to Epcot. It is a wonderful park!

:earsgirl:

Originally posted by catwho
since you have PH's then save them for full days and go to DTD and do a little pre-park shopping Otherwise you will use a full day for a partial day at the parks. We usually try to ease into our Disney mode the first day instead of rushing to the parks.

I must agree with that even though I forgot to post it in my last post. Think of it this way -

--You will land at 11:30
--Give yourself at least an hour to get your luggage & a rental care if you are renting one.
--Plan about 1/2 to 1 hour to get to WDW
--Plan an hour to check in
--You'll want to freshen up & see a little of the resort.

I always allow more time than is needed in my "time budget", but even with this scenario you wouldn't be heading to the parks until 2:30 - & don't forget that it is lunch time so everyone will probably want something to eat before hitting the parks. Remember, the parks will probably close earlier than they do during peak times. You may only get a few hours.

I would lay low the first day & just enjoy some of the other Disney sites, get a good night's sleep & hit the parks as early as possible the next day.

When you use Park Hoppers you want to get the best value you can out of them & we have always felt the best value is to spend the entire day in the parks, not just a few yours. JMO :p

Another vote not to waste a park hopper day on just a few hours at the park. UNLESS ofcourse you were going to go to Epcot since it's usually open later even when the parks close earlier. ;)

Also another vote not to count out Epcot. My children loved it and I didn't even know a lot of things! (ie: we didn't know about the Living Sea, had no idea there was a ride inside the "ball", didn't know about the postcards and kidcot places the kids could do stuff as we walked around the "countries", etc.) They will have even MORE fun next time we go because now I know that stuff!

OK, Epcot is great. The Garden Grill Icecream Social is the best character event we went to on our first trip in 2001 with my then 4 year dd. Epcot ending up being her favorite park so on our last trip in 2002 we planned a day and a half for it. We had only a half day in 2001. I also vote for not using a day of your PH's upon arrival. Explore the resort and go to DTD and rest. But I certainly understand wanting to hit the parks asap. I want to go right now.

Have fun and we'll see you around the boards while you plan your life changing trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter