• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

we stuffed ourselves part 2

allicat

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=navy>
continued

Dinner on 4/13 was spur of the moment. We were still full from 50's prime time but felt we could eat something small. We stopped at Yakitori House counter service in Japan.
Big mistake!
My DH got a sampler platter with chicken, beef and shrimp. The beef was all stringy and fatty and plain unappetizing. The chicken didnt look very good either which is why DD didnt touch her chicken teriyaki(she said it was too dry)I had the udon noodles in broth with tempura shrimp on the side. They plopped the shrimp into the broth so all the tempura batter fell off.
Honestly, none of us ate much. We walked over to Morocco and got DD a chicken wrap.
We will stick to Teppenyaki and Matsunoma lounge next time we visit Japan!

4/14
Princess Breakfast in Norway
If you have the first PS of the day- I think its 8:30, be a little bit early because they do a little opening ceremony thats very cute.
This is our second time here and we really enjoyed it. Fruit and cinnamon buns are served first and then a skillet of eggs, sausage, bacon and potatoes is broght to the table.It was hot and plentiful- the bacon was crisp and we didnt even need to ask for it that way! The princesses all came over one right after another, we didnt need to wait long at all. It was the same way last time too!
If your kids(or you) dont have your heart set on eating in the castle, give this princess breakfast a try!

Kona Cafe Dinner-
Yum! One of my favorite places! We started off by splitting the caesar salad. I had the macadamia mahi mahi served w/sticky rice and veggies. I get this every single time we dine here and I love it! If you enjoy fish, try this!
DH had the asian pasta served with shrimp. This is not normally something I would expect him to order but he really enjoyed it!
DD had mac and cheese- not on the menu but they will get it for you!
Koko puffs for dessert for Dh and I to share and DD had the kiddie cone. Its a gigantic waffle cone filled with ice cream and garnished with all kinds of kid favorites like cotton candy and chocolate.She gets it every time and eats about 3 bites before she is full!

Park Faire breakfast
One of our unexpected favorites! There were all kinds of pastries and hot items to choose from and a made to order omelet station, which DH loved! He isnt too crazy about buffets but happily goes along to the character ones because he knows how much DD likes the characters. At this breakfast, he really enjoyed the food too! We will be returning here! I loved the cheese blintzes topped with strawberry sauce.

Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express at Downtown Disney. DH had the bbq chicken sandwich and really liked it, DD had chicken caesar salad and liked hers also. I really didnt feel too hungry and I ordered the gourmet mac and cheese. It was fine, not great. Doubt Id order that again.

Our last day
Boardwalk bakery
There is so much to choose from here that it was tough but I choose the huge cinnamon roll- the cinnamon sugar was literally dripping out the center! You really cant go wrong here!

Dinner brought us to Beaches and Cream once again. Cheeseburgers all around followed by the brownie ala mode!

Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews!

I like to hear the good, the bad and the mediocre. Sounds like you made some great dining choices. My interest is piqued by the Park Faire breakfast. I think maybe it is time to give it a try!

Thanks,

penny

Thanks for the great reviews! It is always so great to hear what others experience and what is worth trying!

I really enjoyed all of your reviews, allicat! You mentioned several places that are on our list for this fall. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Pat

186 days and counting . . . again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter