We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

My cake from my 40th celebrated in the Adventureland Suite at the DLH.

DSC_2435%20(Large).jpg

677A1018%20(Large).jpg

677A1051%20(Large).jpg

I just ordered a 6” cake to enjoy in our DVC room on September 18th. It’ll be Haunted Mansion themed saying Hurry Back. Chocolate cake with vanilla filling. Cost $60 + tax and service fees (because of the room delivery) so it’ll be $81 total. I’m excited as it’s a surprise for my husband and friends who haven’t been.

Was that beautiful cake ordered from the regular Disney cake site? That is awesome if it is! Did you order it for a specific date to be delivered, or to be waiting the day you arrived? This is great!

Are the hitchhiking ghosts made from chocolate? Or figurines?

They we sugar I think - really hard and not very tasty lol.

Was that beautiful cake ordered from the regular Disney cake site? That is awesome if it is! Did you order it for a specific date to be delivered, or to be waiting the day you arrived? This is great!

I ordered it via the dining line to our Grand Californian villa for our arrival day.

Bumping this thread. Anyone thinking of getting a cake during Halloween season, check out the picture in this thread on page 27, post 539 by Disney_Alli. That cake picture will help you decide to order one!

I'm thinking of ordering a cake this December, one person in our group is turning 18.

What flavor options do they have?

Do they deliver to Story Tellers?

omg I love these! Has anyone had an engagement cake? I am going to ask for one (as well as a birthday cake for my fiance) and I'd like to know what they look like.

omg I love these! Has anyone had an engagement cake? I am going to ask for one (as well as a birthday cake for my fiance) and I'd like to know what they look like.
I've had them make "Just Because" cakes and "Merry Christmas" cakes. They can make almost anything you want.

My husband surprised me with a birthday cake on our couples only trip. We are kids at heart and were having dinner at goofys kitchen. He got the princess cake which was so funny! (Turning 30th having grown up with the princesses it was kinda perfect!) the cake was a chocolate with berry filling and it was SO GOOD! We joked we are going to have to order a cake every time again because how could we possible come back and not have that cake again. The cake is huge! They boxed up the left overs for us and we ubered back to the hotel for $6 from DLh to anaiehm hotel to drop it off. It stayed good in the fridge our whole trip and I may have had cake for breakfast once:)

F088BEDA-8EAB-47B8-B901-92410E2B231D.jpeg

I called yesterday to get a cake for my daughter's bday on our upcoming trip..

Flavors: a bunch of choices, vanilla, chocolate, pineapple (i think?) and a seasonal variety which right now is lemon with berry filling.
Themes: Ariel, princesses, haunted mansion, cars, incredibles and a couple others I can't remember.

We went for a 6" chocolate w/ chocolate mousse filling incredibles themed cake - $65 after tax.

I wanted to have it at lamplight lounge for her bday lunch, but apparently they don't do it at lamplight lounge because it isn't considered "full service" - so the CM got us changed to Carthay instead. I'll share pics when the day comes around, April 8!

Cake photos! It was like OMG delicious and we had SO MUCH leftover. We ended up stuffing it all at a locker at the entrance to DCA and picking it up on our way out. The frosting was super, super light and airy.

IMG_0792.jpg IMG_0795.jpg

I've updated the first post of the DIS' Cake Chatter Thread AGAIN to reflect the new pre-designed cake options available at Disneyland. I have complete details in Post #1 of this thread, but here are the available themes:
  • Mickey
  • Minnie
  • Star Wars
  • Princess
  • Frozen
  • Ariel
  • Cars
  • Haunted Mansion
In classic Disney fashion, they don't actually have any photos of these themes to show you when you email to place an order. So here's what the Star Wars Cake looks like:

Star%20Wars%20Dland%203_zps0itumsas.jpg

Star%20Wars%20Dland%207_zpsjk4faarn.jpg

Star%20Wars%20Dland%202_zpsxu4fgpbo.jpg

Star%20Wars%20Dland%205_zpss9c02nib.jpg

Star%20Wars%20Dland%204_zpspmzlangh.jpg

Star%20Wars%20Dland%201_zpsazf9eygv.jpg

Star%20Wars%20Dland%206_zps3dbqyslj.jpg

• Price: $65
  • Size: 6-inch
  • Theme: Star Wars
  • Flavor: Churro (Cinnamon sponge with cinnamon churro filling)
This cake tasted AWFUL! Disneyland uses Chantilly buttercream instead of the traditional buttercream that WDW uses, but I don't think that accounts for the waxy texture and complete lack of flavor. The cake itself barely tasted like cinnamon or churros or whatever, and the filling was equally flavorless. I have never, ever thrown out leftover cake without at least taking one last bite, but this time I did!

About the only bright spot was that Napa Rose served it to us with free scoops of ice cream, so that's something!

What restaurants in Disneyland will serve one of the theme cakes? I don't want the sad mickey head for $45 and I definitely can't spend $250 for a cake, but I want to do something to make my son's 3rd birthday special. I want to make sure that I make a reservation at one of the restaurants that will serve these special cakes. Thanks!

I believe Napa, Steakhouse, and Carthay I believe. Call Disney dining, they can give you the best info.
My daughter had the Churro cake for her 33rd birthday, and it was really good, but it sounds like it can vary.
69289155_10219216487153401_1325331872804241408_n.jpg

My niece's Sweet 16 cake
21765570_10213726294022004_2733115332307969375_o.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!