We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

Anyone got a current list of which princess cakes are available as standard?

Also anyone know where I can get the princess mini cakes? Do I need to prearrange and can I just get one takeaway (want it for first thing in the morning)

Anyone got a current list of which princess cakes are available as standard?

Also anyone know where I can get the princess mini cakes? Do I need to prearrange and can I just get one takeaway (want it for first thing in the morning)

I was trying to get a princess cake a few weeks ago and I believe only Belle, Cinderella, and Aurora were available with actual princess figurines eveyrhtng else was on flat white chocolate disc. Im not sure there was a mini cake offering but I'd call Disney dining to be sure, 6 in. Was the the smallest option they gave me

I was trying to get a princess cake a few weeks ago and I believe only Belle, Cinderella, and Aurora were available with actual princess figurines eveyrhtng else was on flat white chocolate disc. Im not sure there was a mini cake offering but I'd call Disney dining to be sure, 6 in. Was the the smallest option they gave me

Thanks!
We have had Tiana last time (and Cinderella the first time)
I was hoping for Snow White hmmm will have to decide which she would like next best ...

If you mean the premade cake that comes in a pink plastic jewelry box with a little plastic comb and mirror, I don't think they have those anymore. I'd call the dine line to make an ADR and ask about it, because I'm pretty sure you could order them ahead at TS places.

I love the idea of a personalized cake! I would love to see any recent cakes made if anyone is willing to share pics.

I'm leaning towards purchasing a Mickey shaped cake for a birthday celebration this upcoming Friday. Does anyone know if they will make a Mickey shaped cake coated with chocolate ganache? I figured I would ask here first before placing my order with Disney dining tomorrow.

I will be sure to update and post pics of the cake I end up purchasing for Friday.

If you mean the premade cake that comes in a pink plastic jewelry box with a little plastic comb and mirror, I don't think they have those anymore. I'd call the dine line to make an ADR and ask about it, because I'm pretty sure you could order them ahead at TS places.

I mean both, I would like to get the plastic jewlerry box thing takeaway to have first thing in the morning, and order a cake for our meal at Ariels. I have done the princess cake at Ariels before, the options for which princess does seem to change though.

I love the idea of a personalized cake! I would love to see any recent cakes made if anyone is willing to share pics.

I'm leaning towards purchasing a Mickey shaped cake for a birthday celebration this upcoming Friday. Does anyone know if they will make a Mickey shaped cake coated with chocolate ganache? I figured I would ask here first before placing my order with Disney dining tomorrow.

I will be sure to update and post pics of the cake I end up purchasing for Friday.

My cake is from August (so 6 months old) but is among the newer ones posted here. I think I'll probably order myself a birthday cake when we go back in June too haha

If you want it for this Friday call ASAP. They say they require 3 days notice, but I wouldn't want to cut it that close.

I mean both, I would like to get the plastic jewlerry box thing takeaway to have first thing in the morning, and order a cake for our meal at Ariels. I have done the princess cake at Ariels before, the options for which princess does seem to change though.
If you can't find it, consider buying a cupcake in the parks the night before or from the new Sprinkles in DTD.

Thanks for the heads up.

I just placed an order for the Mickey shaped head cake. Just a little information about these cakes: there are two flavors-Chocolate or White. They are pre-made so there's no custom designing Micky shaped cakes (sigh). The White cake comes with buttercream icing and vanilla custard filling. The chocolate cake comes with chocolate icing and chocolate ganache filling. We ended up choosing the chocolate. I will be sure to post pictures this weekend.

As a side note the CM (Niel) was super helpful and a total sweetheart! He gave helpful tips and made the ordering process go very smoothly.

We celebrated our first wedding anniversary over the weekend. And as part of the surprise, I had a nightmare before xmas themed cake delivered to our villa at GCH. According to the person I talked to, they couldn't do the characters, which, was fine with me. I sent him a couple "inspiration" photos. Also, it takes a while for the bakery to give an answer if they could do it or not, so give yourself AT LEAST 2 weeks before an event. (made me nervous).

Details:
6-inch
Chocolate cake
Dark Choc Mousse filling
Vanilla buttercream frosting
$39.00 + tax and service charge (?)

e12ef2a5-db83-4a4b-82fc-9b689f17bc43.jpg
[/IMG]

071928c4-bcb3-47bb-9ca0-17f6998ab7ee.jpg

d19c03f6-f73a-4a15-83ca-a7f44abd60eb.jpg

The verdict:
My husband loved it. And when we took it home for a little family gathering the next day, everyone was asking me about the cake. They all had a tiny slice and loved it. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Did they say why they won't do NBC characters?
DD is having a NBC party at home before we go.

Did they say why they won't do NBC characters?
DD is having a NBC party at home before we go.

FYI I called and booked the cake yesterday.
Jack skellington Cake was a go (they also said they could do Jack and Sally together).

They also said the old Princess cupcake gown (on top of a cake) are no longer done, just the toppers as pictured in the previous couple of posts

Is there somewhere that I can find all of the cake info? Flavors of cake, fillings, icing. List of characters you can choose from? Most recent info I can find on here is 2 yrs old, is the info still accurate?
We are celebrating my daughters high school graduation. I would like to get something custom not just the standard cake. Peter Pan is her favorite character.

I checked the DL website but there is little info there.

TIA

Is there somewhere that I can find all of the cake info? Flavors of cake, fillings, icing. List of characters you can choose from? We are celebrating my daughters high school graduation. I would like to get something custom not just the standard cake. Peter Pan is her favorite character.

I checked the DL website but there is little info there.

TIA

No. This info is from Disneytravelbabble
How do I order a cake at Disneyland?
Disneyland has a much smaller operation, with one central bakery that makes the cakes for all the resorts and full-service restaurants in the parks. They only offer 6-inch cakes ($33) or 10-inch cakes ($52), along with quarter ($67), half ($92) and full ($132) sheet cakes. A 19% service charge is added for cakes delivered to Disney resort rooms. Disney requires 48 hours’ notice for all custom cakes.

• Cake Flavors: vanilla, chocolate, red velvet or carrot
  • Filling Flavors: vanilla custard, cream cheese (red velvet cake only), whipped cream, white or dark chocolate mousse or chocolate ganache
  • Frostings: whipped cream, buttercream, chocolate ganache or chocolate mousse
To place an order if you are staying at a Disney resort, call 1-714-300-7526 and select Option #2. To place an order if you are not staying at a Disney resort, call Disney Dining at 1-714-781-3463.

However ts a little out of date, today we ordered a 6" round for $35, we were offered:
  • Cake Flavors: vanilla, chocolate or carrot
  • Filling Flavors: whipped cream, chocolate ganache
  • Frostings: whipped cream, buttercream,

No. This info is from Disneytravelbabble
How do I order a cake at Disneyland?
Disneyland has a much smaller operation, with one central bakery that makes the cakes for all the resorts and full-service restaurants in the parks. They only offer 6-inch cakes ($33) or 10-inch cakes ($52), along with quarter ($67), half ($92) and full ($132) sheet cakes. A 19% service charge is added for cakes delivered to Disney resort rooms. Disney requires 48 hours’ notice for all custom cakes.

• Cake Flavors: vanilla, chocolate, red velvet or carrot
  • Filling Flavors: vanilla custard, cream cheese (red velvet cake only), whipped cream, white or dark chocolate mousse or chocolate ganache
  • Frostings: whipped cream, buttercream, chocolate ganache or chocolate mousse
To place an order if you are staying at a Disney resort, call 1-714-300-7526 and select Option #2. To place an order if you are not staying at a Disney resort, call Disney Dining at 1-714-781-3463.

However ts a little out of date, today we ordered a 6" round for $35, we were offered:
  • Cake Flavors: vanilla, chocolate or carrot
  • Filling Flavors: whipped cream, chocolate ganache
  • Frostings: whipped cream, buttercream,
Thank you for the info!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter