We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

I can't wait to see pictures! I haven't ordered our cakes yet. We haven't gotten together to decide on restaurants yet. We'll be doing that soon. I want to order one really nice cake for our first night, to celebrate all of our birthdays. I also want to order a small, special cake for my daughter's actual birthday, which falls in the middle of our trip. She's turning 10, so I want to make a big deal for her turning "double digits".

I'm sure I'll post pictures the night we get the cake on the 17th.

I so want to order a cake for our anniversary, but it's just two of us! Do they make... large cupcakes? haha

There was just the two of us as well so I ordered a 6" cake and we munched on it for each of our three nights at the Grand. If you order it to your room (if you're staying on site) or for dinner your first night and take it back to your room wherever you're staying and eat it throughout your trip - when else can you eat anniversary cake for breakfast?

Here is my cake. It was REd Velvet with cream cheese frosting with fondant. It was very good if a little too heavy of the frosting/filling. BE WARNED THOSE WHO ARE GETTING THEIR CAKE WITH FONDANT IN THE SUMMER. the fondant seems to melt/sweat in the heat (it was 90 degrees that days) and when it does the coloring gets all over. I was originally going to get the cake at a BB dinner during the alloween party but then reschuldes to a regular lunch ADR and im glad I did. If I had walked around with it all night the fondant wouldn't have made it and it would have been ruined. Also the boxes that they have to box up your cake leftovers are just the regular boxes for all food left overs so it had to be cut up to be boxed up so I wasn't able to get pictures of it after the meal. Keep this in mind
IMG_0334.JPG IMG_0335.JPG IMG_0336.JPG

Ordered a 6in vanilla cake, vanilla custard filling with vanilla buttercream to be delivered to Ariels Grotto this past weekend. Called Disney Dining to make reservation and order cake, Olaf themed and asked for tinted blue frosting they quoted me an extra 12 dollars for tinted frosting but I'm pretty sure I only paid $34 total. Everything went smooth, I was happy with it...
IMG_0239.JPG IMG_0240.JPG

Great thread! I'm considering ordering a cake for our dinner at Napa Rose although I would hate to miss out on ordering from the dessert menu. Decisions decisions!!

i called disney dining a few weeks ago to order a 6-in cake for DD who's turning 5 in the parks. wanted a cake delivered to ariel's grotto. the castmember i spoke to only gave me options that were on the website. but i'm seeing 'custom' cakes on this thread. my DD would LOVE a Moana cake. that's all she's been asking for for her birthday. do you think i can get a Moana-themed cake from disney dining? i guess it wouldn't hurt to call back....

i called disney dining a few weeks ago to order a 6-in cake for DD who's turning 5 in the parks. wanted a cake delivered to ariel's grotto. the castmember i spoke to only gave me options that were on the website. but i'm seeing 'custom' cakes on this thread. my DD would LOVE a Moana cake. that's all she's been asking for for her birthday. do you think i can get a Moana-themed cake from disney dining? i guess it wouldn't hurt to call back....

I would call back and talk to another CM, at the very least they should be able to put a Moana white chocolate image on the top...
I feel like you get varying responses from of the CM's at Disney dining, I've been insistent in the past on a custom cake and they CM's have forwarded my request to a pastry chef who contacted me directly. Good luck!

I would call back and talk to another CM, at the very least they should be able to put a Moana white chocolate image on the top...
I feel like you get varying responses from of the CM's at Disney dining, I've been insistent in the past on a custom cake and they CM's have forwarded my request to a pastry chef who contacted me directly. Good luck!

Like above for my cake when I ordered it I started off by stating I wanted a custom cake and pushed for options. Since my requests weren't even the "standard" customized options they were forwarded to the pasty chef who contacted me directly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter