We put the DYS in Functional, Completing our ABC’s

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear about your ankle!! I'm glad to hear it's not broken but still, that's ALL you need this week :sad2: Crossing my fingers the ankle is just fine for next week!

Tiana's is a fabulous restaurant, it's a pity you didn't have a better view of the stage. I LOVE that Louis grabbed a selfie with you, too cute! Because of his size he can't fit through all the tables and only visits the ones on the outskirts as it were. My eldest DD (who was barely 9 at the time) was so upset the first night we were in Tiana's and Louis couldn't get to our table. My husband ended up chasing him down with her in tow to get a photo! :rotfl:

Poor Claire, she's at that age where....well, it's tough to be a teen, esp if you don't really want to participate in the teen clubs. Like is hard I tell ya :laughing:

The 2 guys in the background, top right of the picture, are writers for the Dis. I ended up talking to the guy in gray much later in the cruise. I really need to check out and see if he wrote one of the articles he was talking about writing.

I believe Pete, the co-owner, was also on the cruise. I think he said that they got a TA rate or something so they wouldn't be reviewing it. He's very specific about not reviewing anything he doesn't pay full price for.

Our server, Potchara,was great…fantastic.

I assume this is the same Potchara we had as an assistant server on our frustrating cruise. I saw him on the Wonder recently. He's awesome.

I've seen the Tiana show from other TR's and it looks like a very entertaining show! So sorry that your table was blocked by the pole and was kind of faraway from the stage. :( Your dinner looked great and I enjoyed seeing all your pictures. Glad you had fun hanging with your friends that night! I was shy at Claire's age too and probably would have found it hard to contact others that you didn't really know but hopefully she still had a wonderful time on the cruise.

They don't do much on the stage at Tiana's. Just play the music while Tiana sings, they may sway/take some steps around the stage, that's it. My dd(10 yrs old) enjoys going to the Oceaneer's club right now. On our last cruise she didn't make any friends there, said it was mostly younger kids when she went, but she is usually at the tracing table anyway, so she's happy to just sit and draw. I do worry when she moves up to the older age group since it seems it's like it's more geared for the kids to do stuff together. She doesn't care about playing video games, not sure what else there is for them to do. It is a bummer about the Wonder not having on-demand movies, my dd likes to watch the old time Mickey cartoons, I don't mind the the first couple of times, but by the end of the cruise it gets to be too much!!

Oh no! Your poor ankle! Just in time for vacation too! Isn't it always the way? I fell down my stairs and got whiplash and a lovely bruise on my hip the day before I ran the Boston Marathon in 2015. Hopefully your ankle heals fast and you dont have any trouble walking around on your trip.

Is Tiana's part of the rotational dining, or is it one you have to sign up for like Palo?

I feel Claire's pain a little bit. I went on my first DCL when I was 18, and I felt like the 18-20 age group was a little neglected. We weren't allowed in the clubs or bars and all the shows outside the "main" show we couldnt get into the others. I did at least go with my friends so we hung out at the pool at night. I do agree with you though in that she has been given opportunities to hand with other kids then doesnt follow through. Does she not like the Teens Clubs?

OK
We are pretty busy at this point, so I have to see how the first day goes. I started with 5 park days planned but right now we will probably only have 1 half day when we arrive and 2 other full days with me going in an hour or 2 on 2 other days. When Skip goes with us, things never go as planned. My best friend lives in CA and the only major demand I made was to meet up with her one evening.
Oh, don't worry about it if we can't meet up! I actually realized I don't even know what my park opportunities would be next week! But even if we don't get together, I hope you have fun!

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear about your ankle!! I'm glad to hear it's not broken but still, that's ALL you need this week :sad2: Crossing my fingers the ankle is just fine for next week!

I couldn't believe I was so clutzy. It's doing good though. Still sore and puffy but I can get around fine, so hopefully in a few days it will be even better. The rest of my body feels like I got beat up though, so I hope that goes away too. I have a lovely bruise on my chin too.

Tiana's is a fabulous restaurant, it's a pity you didn't have a better view of the stage. I LOVE that Louis grabbed a selfie with you, too cute! Because of his size he can't fit through all the tables and only visits the ones on the outskirts as it were. My eldest DD (who was barely 9 at the time) was so upset the first night we were in Tiana's and Louis couldn't get to our table. My husband ended up chasing him down with her in tow to get a photo! :rotfl:

That totally makes sense. I was happy to get one of him going by behind me (were were on a outside corner) and when he stopped that was even better.

Poor Claire, she's at that age where....well, it's tough to be a teen, esp if you don't really want to participate in the teen clubs. Like is hard I tell ya :laughing:

She has it pretty rough! hahaha. She knows she does more than a lot of kids her age, but sometimes she forgets to be appreciative of it.

I believe Pete, the co-owner, was also on the cruise. I think he said that they got a TA rate or something so they wouldn't be reviewing it. He's very specific about not reviewing anything he doesn't pay full price for.

He was! At this point in my TR, I had actually talked to him several times and didn't realize it. Then one day I was like, man his voice is familiar. hahaha.
He did go on a TA rate, but he upgraded at the port too.
The bad things about discounted rates is doing reviews....you need to state you got a discount without saying what it was. It covers you then so that people don't think you are being bribed to give a good review. I luckily have had very little issues with DCL but I always say it like it is. Or at least try to from what I remember.

I assume this is the same Potchara we had as an assistant server on our frustrating cruise. I saw him on the Wonder recently. He's awesome.

he was super good. Such a nice guy and I felt bad for him.

I've seen the Tiana show from other TR's and it looks like a very entertaining show! So sorry that your table was blocked by the pole and was kind of faraway from the stage.

It looks like just dancing and singing, but I wish we could have seen better.

Your dinner looked great and I enjoyed seeing all your pictures.

It was good. We found the food on the Wonder...for the most part...better than the Fantasy.

Glad you had fun hanging with your friends that night! I was shy at Claire's age too and probably would have found it hard to contact others that you didn't really know but hopefully she still had a wonderful time on the cruise.

She did have a good time. But I wish she would be more social.

They don't do much on the stage at Tiana's. Just play the music while Tiana sings, they may sway/take some steps around the stage, that's it.

That's what it looked like. Just wish I was closer. I guess I have to cruise more.

My dd(10 yrs old) enjoys going to the Oceaneer's club right now. On our last cruise she didn't make any friends there, said it was mostly younger kids when she went, but she is usually at the tracing table anyway, so she's happy to just sit and draw. I do worry when she moves up to the older age group since it seems it's like it's more geared for the kids to do stuff together. She doesn't care about playing video games, not sure what else there is for them to do.

Claire just won't even give it a try anymore.

It is a bummer about the Wonder not having on-demand movies, my dd likes to watch the old time Mickey cartoons, I don't mind the the first couple of times, but by the end of the cruise it gets to be too much!!

I know. Claire loves the on demand movies on the Fantasy.

Oh no! Your poor ankle! Just in time for vacation too! Isn't it always the way? I fell down my stairs and got whiplash and a lovely bruise on my hip the day before I ran the Boston Marathon in 2015. Hopefully your ankle heals fast and you dont have any trouble walking around on your trip.

It could only happen to me. hahaha. But I am doing pretty good, so hopefully it heals up fast and I won't have too many issues.

Is Tiana's part of the rotational dining, or is it one you have to sign up for like Palo?

It is part of rotational. You should get it twice. It's my favorite now.

I feel Claire's pain a little bit. I went on my first DCL when I was 18, and I felt like the 18-20 age group was a little neglected. We weren't allowed in the clubs or bars and all the shows outside the "main" show we couldnt get into the others. I did at least go with my friends so we hung out at the pool at night. I do agree with you though in that she has been given opportunities to hand with other kids then doesnt follow through. Does she not like the Teens Clubs?

They do allow the 18-20 in the shows now at night, but of course they can't drink. Z was just 18, so he would go with us each night. But he then would go and hang with a few younger kids too...not in the club, but just around the ship. He's pretty sociable.

Oh, don't worry about it if we can't meet up! I actually realized I don't even know what my park opportunities would be next week! But even if we don't get together, I hope you have fun!

The plan is to go Sunday after we arrive, Monday and Thursday all day. So if you go and see us, wave and say hi!

I just found your trippie! :cool1:

I'm a little behind now :scared:

You usually post on FB or send me a message so I figured you were still editing pics and planning vacations :p

Great start, let me see if I can remember stuff I wanted to post on....:scratchin

I'm sorry Skip couldn't make it and left you with such last-minute chaos! :eek: I totally would have made it happen but I was having a rough day and was napping and before I even read your message, I saw that you had found someone else. I'm glad it all worked out and you had a great time :thumbsup2

It didn't seem like you had much luck for the pre-cruise part, with the air b &b, HRC, crazy noise and the Uber guy :scared: Glad your luck changed when you got on the ship, that's for sure! :teeth:

Love all of your pics, looking forward to reading about the rest now that I am all caught up :goodvibes

Take care of yourself, no more tripping okay :rotfl2: You've got a fun week ahead of you soon, can't wait to hear all about that one too :banana:

I just found your trippie! :cool1:

I'm a little behind now :scared:

You usually post on FB or send me a message so I figured you were still editing pics and planning vacations :p

Yep I am a total loser! I have been bad about spreading the word this time. I have enough pictures edited to write up a few more days...I just need to get at it before I leave this weekend. My goal was to be close to done with this one...and I know that was foolish for me.

I'm sorry Skip couldn't make it and left you with such last-minute chaos! :eek: I totally would have made it happen but I was having a rough day and was napping and before I even read your message, I saw that you had found someone else. I'm glad it all worked out and you had a great time :thumbsup2

Well....watch your messenger Sat. We leave Sunday bight and early. hahaha. Right now he's going, but you know him. I already did some threatening this week though, so he better not back out.

It didn't seem like you had much luck for the pre-cruise part, with the air b &b, HRC, crazy noise and the Uber guy :scared: Glad your luck changed when you got on the ship, that's for sure! :teeth:

It was a crazy start...and this next one already has some crazy starts, so lets hope it all settles down and we have a calm and good time.

Love all of your pics, looking forward to reading about the rest now that I am all caught up :goodvibes

I haven't gotten too far yet. LOL.
Take care of yourself, no more tripping okay :rotfl2: You've got a fun week ahead of you soon, can't wait to hear all about that one too :banana:

Luckily the pain is pretty much gone in my ankle and foot, but it still looks awful. Lot's of pretty shades of black, purple and blue and puffy.

Monday, Jan. 28, 2019, Day at Sea

I had a great night’s sleep. There is just something about those beds on the Disney ships. So nice!

My goal this trip was to walk each morning if I could. I really was a slacker at this sadly. However I did it more than my friends, so I guess that’s a plus.

Because M was asleep on the couch/bed, with the curtain closed, I did not go and look out the window. I just headed right to the elevator to head up top. A guy starts talking to me and tells me he was surprised to see land outside his window when he looked out. What? Wait? It’s a sea day!

He said there was a Medical Emergency and we are back in Puerto Rico. Oh wow.

Sure enough, when I get up top I see we are docked and there is a Celebrity ship next to us. At first I thought we were back in San Juan. I later find out it is Ponce, which is on the bottom side of Puerto Rico.

I talked to a gentlemen I had been talking to here and there so far on this cruise. He was in Concierge and he said he was told it was a medical emergency and at this point the Captain is still deciding if we will make it to Aruba tomorrow. I guess it depended on how long they had to stayed docked.

I took a few pics.

seaday61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I tried a pano shot…I did not succeed!

seaday63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

J and I messaged back and forth, discussing what we heard.

I guess in the end and I never had this officially confirmed, but there was an elderly guest who had health issues and it is believed they passed on during the night. I was told when we docked the ambulance was waiting, but they never brought the stretcher out for another 45 minutes or so. After we left port, I really never heard much more about the incident, so Disney does make sure it doesn’t take the magic away from other guests.

This was the route the ship had taken last night.

seaday27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I know nothing about this port, but where we were docked wasn’t super attractive.

seaday65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

There was a party bus down there though.

seaday69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

So my guess, at this port, you really can’t get off and do much and would need an excursion.

seaday70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday71 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Finally we got the all clear to sail away. The Captain announced we would be making to Aruba on time tomorrow. And we seemed to be zooming a long for most of the day.

seaday72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Since we were on the move, I decided to go and take some pictures around the ship so I could get that task somewhat done.

After Hours is the adult area. I do like the way the Adult areas are on the classic ships verses the Dream class ships.

seaday28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This store had some more expensive things in it and I didn’t see it open too often.

seaday29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This is the back way into Azure. Azure is where nightly shows usually took place.

seaday53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Crown and Fin is on the same page as O’Gills on the Fantasy and Magic.

seaday55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We spent a lot of time in there doing Trivia.

seaday56 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think I only walked into Cadillac lounge one night and it was near the end of the cruise. It’s a quieter place and never had anything going on that interested me.

seaday57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After my quick tour, I ran back to the room to check on Claire and M. Both were sound asleep. I thought I would take a pic of our door as I usually forget to.

seaday59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I finally went for my walk. I figured any walking is better than nothing and I had been walking around the ship too.

seaday60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I walked a few laps and I really would have loved to do more, but I have been having some health issues and if I get over heated I get a migraine and it will last all day. Plus I get sick feeling. I have just found it’s better to stop and I can always come back later if I want to walk some more.

When it comes to cruising, I try to use the stairs to go down each time, but going up, I can’t, so that is the elevator. I spotted Sophia out meeting as I took the elevator up.

seaday76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I went and got a drink and then went to shower. We had been messaging between PT, J and I and deciding on breakfast. J and MK were going to go to Tritons. I thought it over and I thought I would like to do that too. PT decided they would like to give it a try too. I was the first one ready, so I waited in the Atrium for the others.

seaday7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After getting several pictures, I sat down to wait…..My view.

seaday15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We were really going fast for quite a while. I think the Captain was trying to make up time.

seaday16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

PT and F showed up and then we went in and got seated. J and MK showed up a little later.

We were quickly seated.

seaday17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We chatted for a while and it took us a while to place orders. I honestly wasn’t impressed with the selections. PT and I got a few pastries while we talked and waited.

I got a soup, which was good. I didn’t take pictures of the rest of my food and I can’t remember what I even got. I think it was just ok. Probably breakfast type food.

seaday18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We sat for quite some time and Claire started messaging me asking what I was doing and when I would be done. Time to head back to the room.

As we left, J pointed out the “big table”. On the Fantasy we had gotten to sit at the big round table and I had asked her what the equivalent was on the Classis ships and as we went by she pointed it out.

seaday78 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The princesses were out meeting. The kids looked so cute.

seaday79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I ran up top for a few minutes and then came back down via the steps. I tried to get a pic of the After Hours carpet.

seaday19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I headed back to the room and Claire was up and dressed. She said M had gotten up and was mad she slept so long as she was worried her body would be out of whack. Here I thought I was doing her a favor by keeping quiet and letting her sleep. LOL.

Claire was hungry, so we headed up top for her to get some food.

seaday20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And because it’s a cruise, I got some cheesecake!

seaday21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday81 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After we were done eating, I decided to do a small load of laundry so that Claire would have plenty of jeans to wear, since she is crazy and only wears jeans these days. I love that the app now notifies you when the machine is done.

seaday80 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We just kind of hung out while the laundry was going. M is platinum and she gets a room gift. She chose the truffles and told us we could have them as she really didn’t want them.

seaday24 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

J messaged us at one point and said to meet them at the Concierge Lounge where we would play cards with T and D. T had also invited J and MK and M, Claire and myself to dinner from Palo in her suite for tomorrow night. But we had to pick what we wanted to eat today so she could submit it. This was pretty exciting. Palo is for 18 and older, so Claire still has 4 years before she can visit. At the age of 14, she was going to be able to have Palo dinner without stepping foot in Palo.

We had a lot of fun playing cards in the lounge. I think I only saw one other family come in while we were there. It’s such a nice lounge and great for relaxing. J said it’s the best lounge between the 4 ships. This is the only one I have been in so I don’t know any difference.

It was time now to shower and get ready for Formal Night and the Golden Mickeys. M brought glitter! When we have sailed with M and her sister Kelsey in the past, they always do glitter on formal night. She talked Claire into glitter right away and I was game too. She also talked Claire into curling her hair. If I had suggested any of these things I would have been yelled at, but M suggests it and Claire has an immediate YES!

We met up with PT and family and headed down to the atrium to grab a free drink! Claire got a non-alcoholic one and M and I got some wine I believe. Or maybe a fruity drink. We made 2 passes through during the evening.

F just rolled his eyes at our Glitter! hahaha

Then it was off to the Golden Mickeys!

seaday82 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday83 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I sadly didn’t get a very good picture of Claire with her curls and glitter.

seaday84 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Here is my selfie I took late in the evening.

seaday50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

M got in line to be “interviewed” and we went in and found seats.

seaday36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday85 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Now the Golden Mickey’s is my favorite show in DCL, but I have only seen it on the Dream. This version is just slightly different, but still pretty close to the same from what I remember. The Cruella DeVil portion is a bit different and I like the Dream’s version better. All in all I think I like the Dream’s better, but both are great.

At the end I typically snap a few pictures.

seaday38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday39 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday40 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday41 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday42 by Jenseib, on Flickr

That was fun!

Now it was time to head to Crown and Fin. 50’s and 60’s trivia was going on tonight, so the 3 of us got a table. It wasn’t a very big crowd. We didn’t do so great, but much better than I expected to do. And we had fun.

We had a little free time and Claire and M went off together and then I met up with them for dinner in Tritons.

We love the Banana Bread on DCL and someone had asked if we could get some, and we had a whole loaf waiting for us tonight.

seaday86 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We all started chatting and put our orders in. MK was starting to open up more now and we were all getting a long pretty good.

I love this menu and ordered quite a bit.

seaday43 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday44 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday45 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire got more adventurous this cruise and would typically order the featured beef each night…usually plain with no sauce.

seaday46 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This was the view from my seat.

seaday47 by Jenseib, on Flickr

seaday48 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire once again got nothing for dessert, but next cruise I am going to order her the soufflé because I think she will like it.

seaday49 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had a great dinner! Renato still was very slow and disappeared a lot.

We let Krash know that 5 of us would not be at dinner tomorrow but wondered if we could get the pasta purseittes the next night and he said he would make it happen. YES!

We parted with Claire and then headed to play the game of the night, which I believe was snippets and it was a lot of fun.

I was so tired tonight though and the main show was Josh Casey, the juggler. I just didn’t think it would be worth staying up for him tonight. PT told me the next day it really wasn’t a very different act from the family show and I didn’t miss much.

Back in the room, our towel animal for the night.

seaday88 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then we crashed for the night. Tomorrow would be Aruba! Maybe I will take a nap on the beach!

I have to finish up writing my Aruba Day, but hopefully I can get at least that day posted by the weekend!
We are busy both Friday night and Saturday and we will be flying to Disneyland on Sunday morning! (actually leaving the house about 1:30 AM or so..ugh).

We are pretty excited for the "do-over" trip and so far Skip is still coming. We have some fun plans, but I do plan to take the parks more leisurely....if possible. We also plan to go to Universal Orlando and then meet up with my friend Stacy who lives in CA. We also plan to do a Hollywood tour one day. I figured that would be the easiest for all 3 of us to get around and let Claire and Skip see some of the sites. ...and me too. Stacy did take me on a whirlwind tour when I visited last time and I think out tour is going to some of the same places, but it will be a different experience.

In case things get crazy and I can't post again...I will be back to posting as soon as I can...but I expect at least 1 or 2 more updates before I go.

How did you like your cabin location? Last year we stayed in 2592(so kinda close to yours) and it was extremely loud every night from 11pm-2am it sounded like bowling balls being dropped from above us. It was horrible. When we went to Alaska we were in 2072 and it was so quiet. So sad about the emergency stop. You're lucky Claire will wear jeans. My dd absolutely refuses to wear jeans, she only wants to wear leggings every day. I won't let her unless her top covers her bottom, so that often leads arguments when she doesn't have any long tops to wear. I LOVE the Golden Mickeys, we haven't been on the Dream to see that version. I also love the tile mosaics in Triton's. I always take my dd's pic in front of the one in the back with Ariel and her dad.

Just saw Trump is grounding all 737 Max 8 and 9 planes, hopefully you aren't flying on one of those. Not sure how that will impact travel this week-end. We are suppose to be on the Max8 later this summer. I already don't like to fly, so seeing that we are booked on one makes me nervous. Hopefully they'll figure out what caused those crashes, so sad.

Well....watch your messenger Sat. We leave Sunday bight and early. hahaha. Right now he's going, but you know him. I already did some threatening this week though, so he better not back out.

HAHA, okay, I will be watching :p

Palo is for 18 and older, so Claire still has 4 years before she can visit. At the age of 14, she was going to be able to have Palo dinner without stepping foot in Palo.

How awesome for Claire and for you guys! :worship: :love:

She talked Claire into glitter right away and I was game too. She also talked Claire into curling her hair. If I had suggested any of these things I would have been yelled at, but M suggests it and Claire has an immediate YES!

LOL, sounds rather familiar :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

Oh, I forgot to mention about Mary Ellen Hooper! She was the comedian on our 10-night Fantasy that I was telling you about and sad you missed because I was laughing so hard I was crying. She was so good! :goodvibes Glad you finally got to see her! :banana:

Just saw Trump is grounding all 737 Max 8 and 9 planes, hopefully you aren't flying on one of those. Not sure how that will impact travel this week-end. We are suppose to be on the Max8 later this summer. I already don't like to fly, so seeing that we are booked on one makes me nervous. Hopefully they'll figure out what caused those crashes, so sad.

I saw it too and one of our flights was one. I am doing research now. LOL. Southwest has stated that the Max 8 is only 5% of what they have, so I hope that translates to mean "we can replace the plane with no issues".

I hope your flights aren't messed up!! I told my dh that I was relieved that they aren't flying them, then he told me we had already flown on one in Jan when our original flights were cancelled coming home, glad I didn't know that then!! That's good that Southwest doesn't fly a ton of them, I didn't know how many they had. I had looked at their website earlier today and didn't see anything mentioned on it then. At least you don't have to worry about bad weather causing problems!

How did you like your cabin location? Last year we stayed in 2592(so kinda close to yours) and it was extremely loud every night from 11pm-2am it sounded like bowling balls being dropped from above us. It was horrible. When we went to Alaska we were in 2072 and it was so quiet.

It was great and we heard no noise at all.

So sad about the emergency stop.

Yes it was. I am not sure if there was extended family with them or not, or what happened after the stop.

You're lucky Claire will wear jeans. My dd absolutely refuses to wear jeans, she only wants to wear leggings every day. I won't let her unless her top covers her bottom, so that often leads arguments when she doesn't have any long tops to wear.

She only wears jeans..no shorts, no leggings except under a dress. My niece wears leggings as pants all the time. I am always shocked my sister allows it.

I LOVE the Golden Mickeys, we haven't been on the Dream to see that version.

It's such a fun show.

I also love the tile mosaics in Triton's. I always take my dd's pic in front of the one in the back with Ariel and her dad.

They are so pretty

HAHA, okay, I will be watching :p

I tell you, I have all forces against me. I still don't know if my flight from chicago is a go or not. So far no cancellation.

How awesome for Claire and for you guys!

It was pretty exciting. J had told me ahead of time to expect to be invited but I never imagined she would invite Claire too. I guess I didn't even realize it was possible. Well I knew it was, but just not for us. hahah.

LOL, sounds rather familiar

M only has to mention something and Claire is like OK! Me...I get a major tantrum and told how stupid I am. Later in the cruise, Claire wore an outfit that I had to talk her into when we bought it. It's flowy pants and she wasn't sure and I told her then they looked like something M would wear. That talked her into it. (She gets compliments on them all the time). Then when she wore them to dinner one night, M commented on how much she liked them. I said "Told you so!". We told M that we call those her M pants.

Oh, I forgot to mention about Mary Ellen Hooper! She was the comedian on our 10-night Fantasy that I was telling you about and sad you missed because I was laughing so hard I was crying. She was so good! :goodvibes Glad you finally got to see her! :banana:

I do remember you guys saw someone one afternoon and that she was hilarious. I didn't realize it was her. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have seen her this time either if the others hadn't all wanted to go. I am so glad I did. She was so funny.

I hope your flights aren't messed up!! I told my dh that I was relieved that they aren't flying them, then he told me we had already flown on one in Jan when our original flights were cancelled coming home, glad I didn't know that then!! That's good that Southwest doesn't fly a ton of them, I didn't know how many they had. I had looked at their website earlier today and didn't see anything mentioned on it then. At least you don't have to worry about bad weather causing problems!

I still don't know. I haven't gotten a cancellation notice at this point. I can change my flight, but if I did, I would have to come in a day early, which would be a lot of work to get things all taken care of. I just want the flight I picked.
I really have no clue if I ever flew on one yet or not. It is possible one of my Puerto Rico flights were on one.

I never know what kind of plane we are on either, but my dh was a pilot(Air Force and then commercial), so he knows what they all are. I read something today that said Southwest only flies those on the week-end, it didn't say why though. Hopefully you'll know really soon! Talk about stressful!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter