We opened the park!!!

What an amazing experience for you and your little one!!
Magical memories is what it's all about!!:wizard:

I'm so happy for you! What a great start to a "mistake" of a day!

I have to share, because I can't believe our luck, either!! We've been 3 times to WDW ... and all 3 times we have been soooo lucky!

The first time, we were at the rope drop in the castle waiting for FantasyLand to open. My kids were chosen to go into FantasyLand and hold a little flag to open up FantasyLand!! Then ... they got to ride Dumbo with Minnie Mouse, and Minnie went skipping through the park holding my daughter's hand!!! Soooo wonderful!! I could barely take pictures through the tears in my eyes!!

The 2nd time we went 2 years later, we were waiting at the rope at Tomorrowland, and incredibly my whole family was picked to open up Tomorrowland!!! We got to go into Tomorrowland early, and we were the first to ride Space Mountain - all by ourselves!! They announced our names and said "The Eadler Family is opening Tomorrowland and will be riding Space Mountain first!!" We couldn't believe it!!

The 3rd time we went 2 years later, you guessed it ... the kids were picked to open up Magic Kingdom!!! They got to go in the turnstiles early, make an announcement, and throw the confetti!!! What magical memories!!

We're going again in March ... do you think Magic can happen again!!

I am so happy for you guys!! It brought me to tears, you must've been a mess!!! Thanks so much for sharing! I'll be checking back hoping for pictures!

Hey this sounds like a very familiar story I was told by a co-worker about his DW trip to WDW :rotfl: ( He knows I'm a WDW nut :upsidedow )
I actually got to meet one of these EXTREMLY LUCKY ladies ( maybe some of her good luck will rub off on me for our June trip) the other night at our works xmas party!!!! How cool!!!! Hoping that I'll get to see some pictures at work one of these days!!!

We got to do that too! We checked out of CR and it went quickly, so we walked on over to MK. We were the first ones there. It was wonderful!! Congratualtions to you and your family!!!

That was our exact experience in May of 2005. :wizard: What a thrill, hanging out with all the characters before the train left was unreal. We had Mickey, Minnie, Chip and Dale, Pluto, Goofy, Wendy, Alice in Wonderland, and quite a few others. I still have a few pieces of "pixie dust" in my back pack:rotfl: It was amazing seeing all the people below the train station, as we arrived,waving and cheering :banana:

Glad you were able to have such a great experience too!
Deb

Hey, we had the same experience on 1/3/07! How awesome was that! I took all kinds of pictures of the inside of the park with no one in it! Didn't come from a dream squad member but it was sure a dream for us too!

You lucky lucky people, such wonderful stories, thanks for sharing:goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your magical moment:wizard: . I can't wait to see the pics, hope you are able to post them!:banana:

If someone can tell me how to add pictures, I'd be more than happy to share ours with you. We got to be the Family of the Day at Epcot 1/1/7 and open the park. Then we got to open Magic Kingdom on 1/3/7 and my kids got to open Animal Kingdom 1/4/7. I've got pics, I just don't know how to post them....

Congrats! I would have been a blubbering mess!I'm such a cryer...especially when I get overwhelmed: sad,angry,happy...it doesn't matter. :rolleyes1 Strange...I know

Kelly

We used disney transportation. We just got there early. And were willing to talk to the cast members while we were waiting. That seemed to be key to it all for us.

Thanks! I just wondered if we would need to drive over to get there for the chance to open a park. 2 months til Spring break with the Mouse!!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter