We opened the park this morning!

buckler

DIS Veteran
We were waiting at the front of the line at one of the gates for early entry this morning. A CM came up to my family and asked us if we would like to open the park. They let us in the gate, gave us "Honorary Citizen of Disneyland" buttons, we signed a guest registry and then we led the count down for the park to open. The kids thought it was really neat. If you were there, you saw we didn't stick around long after we got to 1...we were dashing off to get to Nemo. :lmao: We got there 1st :thumbsup2. It was cool being the first people to be walking down main street.

We got a lot done in DL before the crowds started to pick up around 10:30, then we headed over to DCA for a while. Now we're back taking a much needed break. We're heading to Rainforest Cafe for dinner and then back to DCA to use the 2 Soarin' fastpasses we're saving for later. We're Soarin' addicts. My kids can't smell an orange being peeled without sighing and saying...ahhh smells like Soarin'. :goodvibes

That sounds like so much fun! I look in longing to every family that recieves the honor. We'll never be chosen, because it's just me and my mom now and with me being 14, we're not a perfect cute big family and my mom isn't having any more kids... So if we don't adopt or if I don't get adopted, I have no chance :( That's why I'm excited to have a family in the future so I can experience things like that through my kids and see when they experience everything, kids are so amazing! :goodvibes

Well, I wouldn't say we're the perfect cute family, but we do have cute kids :rotfl: We were first in line at our gate and we all had on Disney shirts. Perhaps that and the cute kids did the trick.

We were first in line at our gate and we all had on Disney shirts.

First in line is always the thing, and matching shirts works more often than not, from what I've seen.

I've seen all adult groups get picked, so it's definitely not just big families with many kids.

(and they do it at DCA too, but you gotta be there around 9)

First in line is always the thing, and matching shirts works more often than not, from what I've seen.

I've seen all adult groups get picked, so it's definitely not just big families with many kids.

(and they do it at DCA too, but you gotta be there around 9)

We didn't have matching shirts, but the girls and I did all have Tink shirts on. But come to think of it, we may have had on our jackets and the CM wouldn't have been able to tell what shirts we were wearing. I don't know why we were picked, but it was fun!

Well, I wouldn't say we're the perfect cute family, but we do have cute kids :rotfl: We were first in line at our gate and we all had on Disney shirts. Perhaps that and the cute kids did the trick.

Either way, I want a little sister ;)

It is a great way to start a Disney day, isn't it?! Congrats! We were lucky enough to be able to do this on one of our trips. We were all especially excited and happy as it was my BILs "only" dream. DSis and I were going on and on about dream suite and dream ears and he just kept saying how he wanted to be chosen to open the park. I tell you, that was one happy BIL after that (and he is normally VERY happy at DLR anyway!!) :thumbsup2

We were lucky enough to be the first family down Main St on our MM during our April visit.
We got to the gates at 6.30am for MM 7am opening. We were first in the queue at our gate - we weren't chosen to open the park but we just "walked briskly" as soon as the countdown was done and suddenly there we were...in front!
I even had time to duck into City Hall and get two First Visit badges for our sons and catch up with them and DH.
It was great walking into Fantasyland over the bridge and it was all wet and shiny from being washed (or whatever they do) and quiet enough to hear Snow White singing...gorgeous!

Here's the link to our vid of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H7aYU-hIMk

It starts way back at Hojo's, but you get to DL eventually!

What time did you line up in order to be first?

I believe we got there about 6:30 am. We were at one of the gates on the left side of the entrance. They seem to pick people from that side so if you want to get picked, line up early on the left side. I don't think we were the first gate on the left, just towards that side of center.

Also, if security isn't open yet when you arrive, don't line up at the gates. They would make anyone there early leave and go through the security line so you'd be wasting time and be behind a lot of people.

It was great walking into Fantasyland over the bridge and it was all wet and shiny from being washed (or whatever they do) and quiet enough to hear Snow White singing...gorgeous!

Be careful on those wet bridges... My most embarrassing moment involved a very wet bridge and slippery shoes:rotfl2: Thankfully I didn't hurt anything but my pride...

Early mornings are the best!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter