we need some pixie dust

sharbaer

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone

Due to a change of vacation dates we now have reservations off site at the Best Western Park Place. We were initially booked at the DLH, but ALL the Disney properties were booked for our new dates! Our travel agent suggested the Best Western because of the proximity.

We are so bummed. We were hoping for the total disney experience. It is our niece and nephew's first time to Disneyland and we wanted to make it special. Any ideas to create extra "magic" while staying off property?.

Thanks

You will be at the closest property to Disneyland - probably a 2-minute walk. The BW Park Place Inn has a lot of repeat guests. As long as you don't expect Disney at the hotel, you'll be okay.

Your niece & nephew won't know the difference - just build up the excitement that they can see the monorail pass right by & see the Disneyland/California Adventure landmarks (Space Mtn, Tower of Terror, etc)

Here's some suggestions from a guy who knows next to absolutely nothing(about disneyland, etc.) I don't know how happy BWPPI would be, but you can get removable wall applications(disney themed) and put them up in your room -- depending on ages of niece and nephew. Our kids have Harry Potter themed "stickers" in their bedroom, and they stick well, but also come off without any issues.

Also, in my lurking about these boards and everywhere, it depends on which way your room faces from the hotel. You can get some good views, or rooms away from the noise of the fireworks and Captain Kidd's.

Have Fun!

I see pixie dust
There is a store in downtown disney that has pixie dust
your DD might need that for her ship :earsboy:

oops I had read another thread where is need so help for her DD
I dont know why I was thinking it was in here

We stayed off site for this trip and I stayed at the DL hotel as a kid and to be honest I didn't see that much difference in the room. The grounds were a lot nicer at the DL hotel but like Mary jo pointed out you are right across the street from DL and downtown disney so you can definately get the magic by crossing the road. One thing you may do is pick up a stuffed Mickey to put on the bed when you arrive many hotels have that in their picture.

Don't worry, as I said we stayed off site and all three of my kids felt the magic. One thing I would suggest is to call ahead and ask for a room facing Disney if you can. We watched the fireworks from the grandparents room at our hotel a mile away and it was fantastic.

Craftylady

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter