We need a way (while at the Fort), to identify DIS Camping Forum members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rog is truly one of the best people you could ever meet. A real man's man, all around great guy.
If you ever hava opportunity to meet him, do so, he's a real pleasure, :thumbsup2

I wish him well - he was always a source of a quick laugh and a kind word.... and some incredible stories along the way!

Yeah. Wherever he is and whatever he's doing, I hope he knows we miss him and hope he is okay.

Bama ED

He's been inactive for a while. I don't think he was part of the latest 'purge'. He always had a lot of good stories and a great attitude.

i have made a 2 x 3 sign with lime green ears & lights all aroud the edges of the sign, cant wait to display it in march. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Yea, this is just something simple that we could put out that would just identify yourself as a DIS Camping Forum member. Nothing fancy, it could be as simple as a color (like the Lime Green DIS color) to a sign.

Bump.

On page 14 is the original Fort Fiends graphic. Someone was asking about the Fiends and I remembered this thread. You can put your DIS name on the graphic, print it out any way you want, and make it visible during your stay at the Fort. That way other DISsers will recognize that you are on the DIS and love the Fort. Musket Mickey is there by virture of being an original FW icon.

You can print it on paper and stick it in the camper/cabin window at the Fort.
You can print it as a vinyl magnet or sticky for your vehicle.
I printed mine on wafer board like a real estate sign.
Some have put it on t-shirts.

There was some other great clip art in this thread but I don't know if it's still there. It helps to use a Disney font (google the web and install it on your computer). I pulled the graphic up in MS Paint and overlayed a text box with my DIS name and town. Photoshop or other editing tools will work much better. I put it out no matter where I camp as a conversation starter with other campers.

In the early part of this thread one or two good souls would do it for folks but it got to be too much. Besides, it's easy enough for anyone to do. But since we get new DIS visitors from time to time and the question was raised, I thought I would bump this up.

Let us know if you make a sign. :woohoo:

Bama ED

Good info. :thumbsup2 Bumping it up. :)

I lucked up and found a serving dish shaped like a Mickey head...the best part the bottom is lime green:cool1: Im going to hang it somewhere at our campsite in Dec.

I hang my ears where ever I go in the MH.
Look for them Columbus Day weekend at Lake Glory in PA.
Stop by and say HI.

Good for you.

Like I said I purposely put my lime green Mickey sign out as a conversation starter with other campers (or campground employees even). Not that we campers need a lot to get us talking but a common interest Q/A fashion helps to get things started.

I'll have my green Mickey sign as well as my Musket Mickey sign

IMG_20110607_174830.jpg

out next March at the Fort.

Bama ED

Good for you.

Like I said I purposely put my lime green Mickey sign out as a conversation starter with other campers (or campground employees even). Not that we campers need a lot to get us talking but a common interest Q/A fashion helps to get things started.

I'll have my green Mickey sign as well as my Musket Mickey sign

out next March at the Fort.

Bama ED

I Love this sign. I NEED one to hang in our MH windshield!

Cool!

We will overlap during the first part of your trip. I'll be in a pop-up in a Partial site (means loop 1500 or 2000).

Let's hope for great weather too. :rotfl:

ED

Cool!

We will overlap during the first part of your trip. I'll be in a pop-up in a Partial site (means loop 1500 or 2000).

Let's hope for great weather too. :rotfl:

ED

We originally were planning on getting a full-hookup site but when I called for the ressie there was a AAA discount available on the preferred sites so I took it and saved some $$. It was a win-win for us. Hope to see you!:)

Bump for serenitygr.

See my comments on the previous page 78 in post 1158.

Bama ed

:confused3

We have the green or lime Mouse Ears sealed in plastic laminate that we hang out.

On the bottom of the ears we have our Board Handles. Me (John) john59 and (DW Shirley) shirley 38.

They really work at the FORT. We have cooked tons of burgers & dogs for visiting Board Members.

The odd thing is, when using their handle, we never see any of them posting. I guess they are just shy ! ! ! ! ! ! ! OR could there be another reason ????????????

john

Although it's while off, we've got a preferred site booked for October. We'll have our backlit Mickey Head on the front of the RV

IMG_0025.jpg

FWRV2011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!