We Need a New Podcast Groupie Name for Pete's Sake!

No clever ideas but please nothing '...whips', makes us sound like a bunch of fetishists. Not that there's anything wrong with that of course...

No objections - I sent a message to Corey to ask him to replace our user bar - LOVE the logo, Matt! Can we get this man a t-shirt??? :lmao:

No objections - I sent a message to Corey to ask him to replace our user bar - LOVE the logo, Matt! Can we get this man a t-shirt??? :lmao:
I do what I can. I was just expounding on Karla B's idea. I'm sure Corey could make it much more professional looking though.

I whipped those up in photoshop in five minutes (okay, ten minutes)! It's tough to fit that mickey silhouette into the tiny user bar, hence the overlap. I'm sure Corey can make it work somehow.

And I second that t-shirt thing. Get that man, er, me, a t-shirt! :rolleyes1 ;)

Well, at least a t-shirt for Karla B. (ptrbryant) for what looks like the winner!

These are some quick samples I did using ptrbryant's suggestion.

I really liked the solid black silhouette with the earbuds, and I added the Dis Unplugged orange color to it. I can add any font to change it up (and change the name too), but here are a quick few so you can get a feel for it. :thumbsup2

Logo4.jpg

Logo3.jpg

Logo2.jpg

barsample.jpg

WOW! That's exactly how I had it pictured! :cheer2:

Karla B.

I do like the Mickey ears images . . . and I hate to pull the "trademark lawyer' thing on people. But Disney has trademarked the @#$% out of those ears, and as diligent trademark owners, they are required by law to police the uses of the marks that they own, or risk losing them to the general public. And I have a feeling that those Mickey ears aren't going to be allowed to stray into the general public.

That's longhand for "I don't think Pete will okay the ears."

But I do like the images, and think that you did a really great job putting them together, M&M!! I like the iPod imagery; it would be cool to take the Mickey head silhouette idea and superimpose it on one of those dancing iPod silhouettes that were so ubiquitous when they first came out:

ipod_silhouette.jpg

Just add some Mickey ears!!! That way we could upset both the Disney people AND the folks over at Apple!

The guy could be wearing mouse ears!

And listening to the Small World Song, or the COP song (Now I've got em stuck in my head) Or the Figment Song!

I do like the Mickey ears images . . . and I hate to pull the "trademark lawyer' thing on people. But Disney has trademarked the @#$% out of those ears, and as diligent trademark owners, they are required by law to police the uses of the marks that they own, or risk losing them to the general public. And I have a feeling that those Mickey ears aren't going to be allowed to stray into the general public.

But I do like the images, and think that you did a really great job putting them together, M&M!! I like the iPod imagery; it would be cool to take the Mickey head silhouette idea and superimpose it on one of those dancing iPod silhouettes that were so ubiquitous when they first came out:

ipod_silhouette.jpg

Just add some Mickey ears!!! That way we could upset both the Disney people AND the folks over at Apple!
I am not going to disagree, but I do have a question - I was under the impression that a trademark like the mouse ears could be used so long as it wasn't for profit. The good people over at the Disney Fairytale Weddings said I could use their images (I used Cinderella's horse-drawn carriage) to make iron-on transfers for bags that I handed out as gift bags to our guests from out of town. Their therory was that since I wasn't selling them, it was fine. Of course, maybe that was permissive use....I don't know. That being said, no one would be able to make a t-shirt with the image and then sell it but if the theory holds true, we could make the image into iron-ons. Anyone know the official answer???

What if we only used part of the image, something a litttle more abstract. Like the top of the head and only one ear showing with the earbud.

IMICE Tuesday's................IMICE Rapid Fire...............IMICE Emails.............IMICE OF THE ROUNDTABLE.......I"MICE" LIKE IT

I did notice a subtle Mickey silhouette up at the top of this page in the orange banner, so I thought it'd be ok. A DIS "hidden mickey" if you will. Maybe we could just take that and add the white earbuds.

:confused3

IMICE Tuesday's................IMICE Rapid Fire...............IMICE Emails.............IMICE OF THE ROUNDTABLE.......I"MICE" LIKE IT

except for the fact that "i-" anything sounds derivative and shows a lack of imagination and original thought..that and the whole "i" things is extremely played out...sorry to be the dissenting voice but it's how I feel...

--Mr. DB

How about the "Focker Listeners" instead of "Focker Watchers"? Would be nice if we could somehow be derivatives of DISsers. Honestly though, I am tiring of the whole shaabang as I'm sure we all are!! I am just happy that tomorrow is TUESDAY once again!!!!!

Maybe it would be a good idea if we put these ideas to a poll...I am just not sure how to start a poll---guess I could read over the FAQ's here??

First poll might be something like: Do you want to vote for the new name or ask the round table to decide (from a list we submit to them)?

I really like iMice, too, but I have to agree w/ Mr. DB. I do love those mouse ears! Have to tell ya, the name does remind me of Imus, however--ha!

Can someone start a poll for us?:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter