We leave in less than 30 days.....HELP!

AmyBeth68

Relentless Forward Motion
We are heading to California, with plans to spend 4 days at DL and CA. My problem is that I haven't had time to really plan the way I would for a typical WDW trip so I'm a bit worried.

Dining....are reservations a must and have I already blown it not making them yet. I'm still researching dining options but we really hope to try a few of the following Blue Bayou, Napa Rose and Ariel's Grotto. Can I still get ressies for these locations??? We'll be there in early November. I'm still working out the details so I probably won't be able to call for a few more days.

Fantasmic....is the buffet a must? It seems to be the way to go and I know I need to call THIS WEEK at exactly 30 days out to get the seats. Is this worthwhile?

Is it worth it to go on Nov. 11th to see Small World Holiday and the Holiday decorations/parades. I know it will be crowded but will it be totally insane??? We leave on Sunday the 13th.

Is Ridemax worthwhile? We're total newbies at DL so I'm thinking this would be good for us!

Thanks in advance for your help!

You're probably ok still on dining PSs. So long as you're not trying to make them same day (at least for Blue Bayou--don't know about Napa Rose) you're fine.

We are going the same time. We will be there Nov 4-Nov 12. I am going on It's a small world if it kills me. That is my favorite ride. I will brave it on the 11th when it opens. I am hoping that it will slower in the AM. I was wondering what the weather is like then. Do we pack shorts? Pants? Help!!

You'll want pants. It's a rare day in November where one can wear shorts, unless one is used to a cold climate. It will get quite chilly at night.

I liked having ridemax. It was fun to input rides to give myself an idea of what I might want to do and when to do it. We seldom encountered long lines that way except for Splash Mt, the only ride we saw on our trip where the fastpasses were out early and the lines stayed long. I still recommend mornings especially on weekends when the crowds are huge.

Do Goofy's Kitchen for a meal, we had a lot of fun interacting with the characters here, but again we did an early seating.

The weather this last week was warm during the day most days but cool at night and I ended up in a sweatshirt a couple of nights.

The Fantasmic buffet is an interesting question.....My daughter thought it was great as she video taped her favorite show from the balcony. I wasn't so excited so I have mixed feelings. I really liked the fact that you got to have a seat and didn't have to stand in a spot for over an hour. That was great. You will have to decide what you want to do.

We also both liked the Imagination to Celebration tour, getting to do rides with almost no waits, learning info, parade seating and snack made it a fun thing to do. Since we both liked it I think that says something...me as mom and teenage daughter.

goofy370 said:
We are going the same time. We will be there Nov 4-Nov 12. I am going on It's a small world if it kills me. That is my favorite ride. I will brave it on the 11th when it opens. I am hoping that it will slower in the AM. I was wondering what the weather is like then. Do we pack shorts? Pants? Help!!

Wow! Another fellow NJ person going to DL INSTEAD of WDW for Jersey Week. COOL!!!! :goodvibes

We leave on 11/4 as well....out of Newark Airport into John Wayne (I think). Maybe we're on the same flight LOL!

I'm planning on bringing a lot of layering items....shorts, jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts and lightweight jackets. Probably overpacking but the weather has me baffled ;).

Have a great time. We'll probably be there on 11/11 as well. Gotta' see that Small World Holiday too!!!!

Have a great time!!!

what is ride max??
My kids really wanted to go swimming in the hotel pool. It is a rooftop. We are staying at the Carousel. Will it be too cold? What is the average November temp for the beginning of the month?

Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter