We just purchased, but now I wonder- Why pay more for points, when they are the same value everywhere? $188pp vs. $60 for the same thing?

I would agree with everyone who recommended rescinding the contract and giving it some more thought. I don't really think that DVC is a good fit for you though.

Like others have mentioned, you can book DVC last minute if you are flexible. I stalked the DVC website for weeks looking for VGC reservations for this summer since we decided last minute we wanted to go to the new Star Wars land. I did see several 1-2 night openings pop up, and eventually booked one. If you are flexible about resorts and dates you can find cancellations, if you’re willing to check 2-3 times a day for weeks ;)

We own a direct and a resale contract. I like the direct benefits, the biggest being the Gold Annual Pass. But since you live in FL you would already get that benefit without purchasing DVC. You would probably be able to attend some of the Moonlight Magic events though, or whatever future events they offer. The membership extras can be taken away at any point, but I believe they will keep having events so they can use it as a selling point of buying direct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter