We just found out our Covid Antibody Results!

CrimsonRave

Mouseketeer
So we live in Texas and have been watching the news carefully with everything going on. We were toying with a Disneyland trip next November before out stay at world for the 50th.... but my family and my wife's parents all got tested for Antibodies, and we were all positive.

Now we are toying with the option of going to land this year for holidays for what we would hope would be a reduced crowd.

First off, we know that we have antibodies and we know that it doesn't mean we can't get it again, however we figured why not, we all survived it and had no idea with a 6 year old, 2 37 year olds, and 2 70-ish old people had it, nor did anyone of us get sick, other than mild colds.

So the question I have is this, are we expecting them to decorate this holiday season? We would love to see land for Christmas, I know everything is up in the air, but I just don't feel they skip on the decorating.

Let me know what you think!

No, all of us got tested for antibodies, we live in 2 different houses, in 2 different cities, but have been meeting every weekend. I doubt that all of us would have false positives.

We only went and got tested because my father in law had surgery scheduled, they did the testing as part of his blood work, and he tested positive.

That's when we all went in, specifically different days, different locations. Just to see if that made a difference.

Keep in mind that even if you have been through it already, or have an immunity to COVID, or are simply not worried about it affecting you, the park will still quite likely be enforcing some kind of social distancing, face mask wearing, extra screening (temperature checks), limited or no parades/shows/crowd inducing entertainment, and / or limited capacity through the remainder of the year.

I’m not saying don’t go, just that I suspect there won’t be a “normal” park experience until next year at the earliest. But hey, sometimes it’s cool getting to experience something unique too.

‘Remember that year we went to DL during the pandemic. That was wild!’ Lol

Just an FYI, many of the antibody tests are for coronavirus, not necessarily COVID 19. There are many types of coronavirus. The test has to be specifically for COVID SARS 19 and unfortunately even a positive may not offer any type of immunity. Fingers crossed 🤞 that it does though!!!

So we live in Texas and have been watching the news carefully with everything going on. We were toying with a Disneyland trip next November before out stay at world for the 50th.... but my family and my wife's parents all got tested for Antibodies, and we were all positive.

Now we are toying with the option of going to land this year for holidays for what we would hope would be a reduced crowd.

First off, we know that we have antibodies and we know that it doesn't mean we can't get it again, however we figured why not, we all survived it and had no idea with a 6 year old, 2 37 year olds, and 2 70-ish old people had it, nor did anyone of us get sick, other than mild colds.

So the question I have is this, are we expecting them to decorate this holiday season? We would love to see land for Christmas, I know everything is up in the air, but I just don't feel they skip on the decorating.

Since no one knows yet what DLR is planning to do for the holiday season (so that would be speculation) and since this isn't the appropriate board for discussing COVID-19 specific issues, I am moving this thread to the Disneyland Community Board for any further discussion.

OP: If your main question is concerning DLR's possible holiday decorating plans, you might want to specify that in your post title since your current title doesn't indicate any discussion about Disneyland.

Lifeshare was offering a free test for CV-19 antibodies and it was time to donate anyway....so I guess I will get the results in a couple of weeks. I have not been tested for Coronavirus 19 but I was very ill early in the year.

Just an FYI, many of the antibody tests are for coronavirus, not necessarily COVID 19. There are many types of coronavirus. The test has to be specifically for COVID SARS 19 and unfortunately even a positive may not offer any type of immunity. Fingers crossed 🤞 that it does though!!!
There are too many factors that are going into the antibody tests. The tests you are talking about are essentially the finger poke tests that give you a positive/negative reading- similar to urinalysis stick that assesses for a hormone. These tests have a high false positive rate.

When you start looking at the “more accurate” venipuncture test, it also has its accuracy issues. You have to look at the tests specificity/sensitivity values- which is a whole other science/discussion.

Point being, you are correct. COVID testing is hit or miss at best. However, the OP is correct in his assumption that the possibility of several members in the same family (living in separate households) all testing positive for antibodies, and all of them being a false positive- would be near impossible.

Reasonable caution should still be taken with all of the unknowns of the virus. There is much yet to be discovered.

the OP is correct in his assumption that the possibility of several members in the same family (living in separate households) all testing positive for antibodies, and all of them being a false positive- would be near impossible.
I would also venture to guess it would be equally near impossible that they all had the virus yet NONE of them showed any symptoms enough to get tested.

I would also venture to guess it would be equally near impossible that they all had the virus yet NONE of them showed any symptoms enough to get tested.
Not necessarily. Statistically, the spectrum of viral incidence in relation to symptomology varies. Again, too many unknowns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!