We have 2 pirates & 3 princesses to feed!: Our March 2017 trip with the QSDP *FINAL UPDATE 4/25*

it's always a sad to see the thread title changed to "final update". Thanks for sharing your dining adventures with us; you have an adorable family! Time to plan your next trip!

Thank you :thumbsup2. We are hoping to be back in 2019 for our last Disney trip before our oldest two graduate high school. That 2019 trip will either be in March again if there is a high school marching band trip (we can't miss DD15 dance with her team at Disney!) or later in the summer for my 40th birthday :sunny:.

I enjoyed reading along--thanks for sharing!

Thank you again for reading :thumbsup2

Do you mind my asking, what was spent on food out of pocket? Just a ball park? We're only a family of 4 but Hubby and I would like to indulge a bit too and the idea of the margaritas and pool drinks sound amazing! If you don't want to share I get it. I'm just curious. I'm a sucker for a good cost breakdown. :thanks:

Do you mind my asking, what was spent on food out of pocket? Just a ball park? We're only a family of 4 but Hubby and I would like to indulge a bit too and the idea of the margaritas and pool drinks sound amazing! If you don't want to share I get it. I'm just curious. I'm a sucker for a good cost breakdown. :thanks:

Yes, all beverages with alcohol (e.g., pool bar drinks, margaritas at Epcot), the popcorn bucket/bucket refills, popcorn from Main Street Confectionary, and our table service meals at Whispering Canyon, Chef Mickey's, and Hollywood & Vine were all out of pocket. All our other meals, drinks (including Starbucks) and snacks/treats were covered under the quick service dining plan.

Hi Just read your entire dining report. It was so great and I love all of the pictures of your family. It's just my husband and I and we really enjoy pop century, also because of the food court options. I really hope you decide to do future trip reports, I really enjoyed getting to know your family!

Such a great report and very helpful. You have a beautiful family :goodvibes
We have a quick last minute trip booked for the end of May. We're staying 2 nights at POP before switching to POR for our last 3 nights. After following along with your report I decided to book QSDP. It made perfect sense especially with the booths at F&G ;)
I've always wanted to try POP and am looking forward to their food court after your great reviews.
You're right there are many good counter service locations. We love Sunshine Seasons and CHH. I was able to grab a last minute BOG lunch too!
I do love my Starbucks didn't know I can use snack credits for that :thanks:
I plan on rereading you're report to get some more great ideas.
I hope we get to plan together again it's been so much fun.

Hi Just read your entire dining report. It was so great and I love all of the pictures of your family. It's just my husband and I and we really enjoy pop century, also because of the food court options. I really hope you decide to do future trip reports, I really enjoyed getting to know your family!

Thank you for reading. We had a great experience at Pop Century and would definitely stay there again. I hope to do another trip report someday too :thumbsup2.

Such a great report and very helpful. You have a beautiful family :goodvibes
We have a quick last minute trip booked for the end of May. We're staying 2 nights at POP before switching to POR for our last 3 nights. After following along with your report I decided to book QSDP. It made perfect sense especially with the booths at F&G ;)
I've always wanted to try POP and am looking forward to their food court after your great reviews.
You're right there are many good counter service locations. We love Sunshine Seasons and CHH. I was able to grab a last minute BOG lunch too!
I do love my Starbucks didn't know I can use snack credits for that :thanks:
I plan on rereading you're report to get some more great ideas.
I hope we get to plan together again it's been so much fun.

Thank you so much for reading along and it was so fun being a part of the March 2017 thread. I really do miss the planning and anticipation. I am so happy my report was helpful in some way as that was my hope when I decided to do it. I hope you have a wonderful time on your upcoming May trip. A Pop/POR split stay sounds awesome and I hope you get to use your snack credits on those tasty F&G foods and Starbucks :goodvibes.

Oh my gosh the kids' faces at Club Cool...LOL! This was such a fun report to read. Thank you for taking the time to do it! :)

Thank you again so much for reading along :thumbsup2.

I've read there's a loophole for cancelling ADRs within 24hrs. If you instead "modify" them to a different day/time you won't be charged the cancellation fee. Then you can just cancel the new one before 24 hrs! A bit tricky, and may not always exist, but its a possibility!

I've read there's a loophole for cancelling ADRs within 24hrs. If you instead "modify" them to a different day/time you won't be charged the cancellation fee. Then you can just cancel the new one before 24 hrs! A bit tricky, and may not always exist, but its a possibility!
This is true. I actually found it out by accident.

Awesome dining report!!!!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful family and all your eats with us!

Thank you for reading along :sunny:

Enjoyed your report! You made QSDP look like a lot of fun :)

Thank you, this was our second time doing the QSDP and we were more efficient with it this time around :).

I really enjoyed your report! Thank you for taking time to share! You have a beautiful family!

Thank you so much :goodvibes

Love those Beverly faces! I also totally loved following along with you and your family, thank you so much for sharing your trip with us :goodvibes

Thank you so much again for reading along :thumbsup2

Such a great report! Thanks for sharing your family's dining adventures with us all....it looks like it was an awesome trip!

I just found and read your report. It was fabulous! I am another fan of your family. And I have never been much of a QS eater, but I am admiring the flexibility and choices you shared. Now a Starbucks and snack eater, on the other hand... My family stopped doing DDP a few years ago, but in my fantasies, I am spending all my family's snack credits on me. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter