• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We had a blast!!!

littlelambie

Mouseketeer
So we left last Sunday afternoon. All I have to say about our flight is NEVER book Aircanada Jazz.

We arrived too late to hit the parks that day, which greatly disappointed ds. So we were up and on the go early Monday morning. We had a breakfast booked with Lilo and Stitch. We saw lots of characters, but we didn't find the food all that great. I did love the Mickey waffles though. After breakfast we headed into the park, we started with DCA. The lines were very low, which meant we could do things a few times in a row!! We loved the new Monsters ride, ds actual did Grizzly river run this time, and we did Soaring Over Ca. which we had never done before. We LOVED IT!!!! We headed over to DL, where the lines were a bit longer but still bearable.

Tuesday was pretty much the same as Monday.

Wednesday we took a bus tour to Universal, which we weren't very impressed with. There was lots of stuff ds couldn't do, but he loved the spray park. It was a good thing it was there, because we must of spent at least 2 hrs in there because the bus didn't come back for us till 630!!

Thursday it was back to the parks. It started to get very hot, and ds and dh started to get a bit grumpy. We ended up back at the hotel for a bit of break in the afternoon. We did Goofy's kitchen for supper, and again weren't that impressed with the food. But the characters were great!! We even saw the fairy god mother!!

Friday was our last day and SUPER busy. We headed straight to HM, and so did everyone else in the park. We even got to see Captin Jack Sparrow!!! We went back to the hotel for a nap that afternoon, and then went on to DCA to do the last few rides we wanted to in there. Then we went back into DL to do the parade, and then went over and reserved our seats for Fantasmic. That riverside desert buffet was the best thing ever!! We booked our seats at 730, and didn't have to come back till 830!! The park was so crazy busy that we basically found a bench and sat there until we could sit in our seats for Fantasmic. We loved it!! We got to stay in our seats for the fireworks, which was also amazing. Then we just pushed our way out of the park, with a bit of shopping on the way.

So it was a great trip. We got ds on many more rides than we have in the past, and he loved them all, excpet Splash Mountain when he got too wet. We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn. We found our room small, but always clean. The garbage truck at 700 in the morning was a bit of a pain, but we would recommened it to anyone that wanted to stay that close.

Please ask any questions!!

Oh ya, we loved the Halloween decorations!!

Sounds like you had a great time. We have ps at Lilo and Stitch. After doing some searching I came to the conculsion it would be less crowded and the characters did some fun and different interaction with the kids. Now I am not sure if I should switch to Goofy's Kitchen?

If you were going back next week and were going to do a character breakfast which one would you do again?

Probably Lilo and Stitch, just because it was definatley quieter, and still had lots of character interaction. We saw Lilo, Stitch, Pluto, Daisy Duck, and Minnie. They got the kids up to dance (which they also did in Goofy's kithcen) but I found the characters were able to come to our table more than once.

Do you really have 6 kids??!!! WOW!!!!

Thanks for your report. I'm glad you all had a great time. :)

My SIL has a couple of little ones, and everytime they go to DLR it's a new adventure because the boys try something new.

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for sharing.

Yes, I really have six kids. Thanks for answering my question, and I will stick with Lilo and Stitch. I can't wait to take them to experience DL. I went a lot growing up with my family but never did any character dining so I am excited to do it. We are also doing Ariel's Grotto since I have 4 DD's. I guess you haven't done that one with your DS? I am planning on bringing my two DS's so they can have a sit down meal and rest and so DH can come too. He's the family photographer.

LOL!!! Ariel is actual my ds's favorite character, so , yes, I have done the grotto. It was our first year there, and I have heard it has since changed. When you see Ariel there she will have legs, and not a mermaid tail. I also heard that there is other princesses there too!! It will be great!! Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter