We got to open the park yesterday + park pics!

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Someone with whom I'm acquainted works for DL. She pulled some strings yesterday, which enabled a group of us to open the park. It's the first time I've ever done that and it was a lot of fun.

Once the park opened, we found that, A, the rope drop was at the head of Main Street (as opposed to where it usually is at the hub -- a commercial was being shot in Fantasyland) and, B, there was no actual rope. There were simply a couple of DL security folks and a few other CMs that held us there until 8:00.

At about 7:58, something funny happened. Several characters from the character breakfast at Plaza Inn were trying to get us all to cheer. The head security CM waved her hands to also encourage us. Several people interpreted that as her waving us in and began to move into the park. She quickly corrected the situation and everyone laughed.

Overall it was a great day -- I was first on PP :-).

I did have some trouble with Buzz earlier in the day and couldn't even get on the board for various reasons. Twice I broke 2,096,000 and lost all of my points. A few other times my scores simply didn't flow through. In short, I was beat by someone, although technically I did beat his high score twice but, again, lost all of my points when I exceeded 2,096,000. It was a frustrating morning. But it got better.

IMG_7272.JPG

IMG_7260.JPG

IMG_7261.JPG

IMG_7262.JPG

A friend was also allowed to step out and snap a pic of us all as we all waited to be let into the park.
IMG_7264.JPG

IMG_7265.JPG

IMG_7267.JPG

IMG_7269.JPG

KMF beat me (technically), although twice throughout the day I actually exceeded 2,096,000 and lost all of my points. The second time it happened I went over by only one lousy shot! I was so annoyed!

IMG_7273.jpg

IMG_7274.JPG

Last edited:

I was number 10 on the high score board around 12:45 yesterday but looks like I got knocked down at least two spots later on based on the scores in your pic.

I just had an epiphany. If I'm one of the first 10 people on Buzz, does that mean I automatically make the leader board?

I just had an epiphany. If I'm one of the first 10 people on Buzz, does that mean I automatically make the leader board?
Good question. I don't usually get to Buzz till about 8:30 and by that time the lowest score on the board is usually around 800,000.

Love it thanks! So cool you got to open the park! I’d love to do that one day!!

I love buzz too...I’d be so mad if my score wa that high and didn’t post! Still a fun pursuit!! :)

Love it thanks! So cool you got to open the park! I’d love to do that one day!!

I love buzz too...I’d be so mad if my score wa that high and didn’t post!
Actually, I mailed a letter to the DLR president today and asked that the problem be corrected. I've raised the issue countless times with Guest Relations (in person, online and on the phone, all to no avail). I posted the letter in a separate post earlier today.

Who's your friend in the back row with the brown bucket hat? I've seen him many times at the gates in the morning. He is very friendly.

How cool that you guys got to open the park! Every time, we are there - they usually choose a family and since it is just my daughter and myself, we never get the chance. Glad that you were first on PP too and great Buzz score as usual!:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter