We Got Disney Magic!

crisrn2003

Mouseketeer
We just returned home yesterday and I couldn't wait to post our good luck while we were at WDW. On our first day there, 1/1/7, we were at the front of the rope in Epcot, toward the right side, poised and ready to head toward Soarin' when the rope dropped. We had read Tour Guide Mike so we were there early. A cast member named Stephanie walked up to us and began chatting. My DD 7 and my DS 12 know no strangers and love to talk DISNEY to anyone who will listen. The cast member walked away only to return seconds later. She advised us she was a member of the dream squad and because we had been so willing to talk to her, she would like for us to be her Family Of The Day!!! She took us into the ropes early, we had a meet and greet with several characters. Elton, another member of the dream squad drove us in a test track car thru the park to Test Track where we got to ride it 3 times in a row. Then Stephanie took us to Soarin' where she put us in the front and rode it with us. She gave us 3 fast passes to use anywhere in the park and requested we meet her again at lunch time. She returned with autographed pictures of several characters, a certificate for free desserts, a photo of us riding Test Track, VIP seating for the fireworks at Epcot that night, and free ice cream during the fireworks. We were so hyped up! The First Family for the first day of the year and the first day on our trip. I had just said to my husband minutes before, "wouldn't it be cool if we got a "dream" on our vacation? But I'm going to have fun either way." We also go buttons and special treatment thruout the park when cast members saw our buttons, like we ate at Biergarten that night and they came and got my DD and let her decorate a cookie, gave her a certificate and a chef's hat, and let me go with her to take pictures. At the American pavilion, we were given a personalized tour by a CM. How special we felt.
Stephanie told us she's been part of giving "big" dreams. They've given a trip to Italy worth $15,000 and a 14 day transatlantic cruise worth $25,000. My husband felt we've "earned" this dream because we were a family they had interacted with and specifically choosen for this. She also told us how they had choosen an older couple (the husband was 87) to be their family of the day and shortly after their trip, the dream squad received a letter from the wife saying her husband his passed away, but how the much the trip and the awarded dream meant to him. Stephanie said the dream squad members all cried when they got that letter.
We were also choosen to open Magic Kingdom on 1/3/7 and my kids got to open Animal Kingdom on 1/4/7. Those weren't dreams received from the dream squad, but from CM's at the front of the parks. We had a blessed trip. We discovered pretty early on that it involved being willing to talk to the CM's, being there EARLY and at the front of the line, and looking as though you're a family that's happy to be there and happy to be together. As a side note, we had small gifts we gave to CM's who were making our trip special and they were extremely greatful and surprised. We live just outside of Mobile, AL, which is where Mardi Gras was originally began (not New Orleans like most people think). We had small ziplock bags with a note from our family saying "thank you for making our trip special" and Mardi Gras beads. It wasn't much, but they were shocked by it. Our daughter also gave the rubber bracelets to many CM's and the characters too. We were pleased by our kids willingness to "give" to others and to show appreciation for what they received in the way of kindness.
Good luck on your disney dreams!

We just returned home yesterday and I couldn't wait to post our good luck while we were at WDW. On our first day there, 1/1/7, we were at the front of the rope in Epcot, toward the right side, poised and ready to head toward Soarin' when the rope dropped.

Your kids met my DD8 at the WL - they stopped her because she had on an "honorary citizen" button and they asked if she had opened a park and told us they got to open EPCOT on NYD! They were adorable!

Your kids met my DD8 at the WL - they stopped her because she had on an "honorary citizen" button and they asked if she had opened a park and told us they got to open EPCOT on NYD! They were adorable!

How neat is that! My daughter says she remembers your daughter and thinks she's the first person to trade pins with her. Aren't you terribly sad to be "back in the real world"?::sad1:

How neat is that! My daughter says she remembers your daughter and thinks she's the first person to trade pins with her. Aren't you terribly sad to be "back in the real world"?::sad1:

I am totally in Disney withdrawal. Your daughter did trade pins with mine - my DD8 got a Jack Skellington pin for her brother and it made it all the way home and is in our trading pin shadow box. How early did you all get to the parks? We'd love to get there early enough to have a chance to be picked.

We arrived at Epcot at about 8:25, at Magic Kingdom at 8:00 and Animal Kingdom about 8:10 when they opened at 9am. We live in the central time zone so it was even an hour earlier for us. Whew! Back to school and "sleeping in"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter