We Broke All The Printers! - A Hurricane Dorian TR- Updated 10/26 *COMPLETE*

Your meals at La Hacienda and Wolfgang Puck both sound delicious! Two places I need to get to!

Joining in! Wow some of those wait times you had were really low!

Seems like a great trip so far even if a bit hot!!

OMG.... That's kinda the entire reason for the festival and WS as a whole.
Right?! Spoiler alert- none of us ate anything from a Food and Wine booth this trip. I'm hoping to do better in Nov!

Oh! I didn't know about this.
I've added it to my list of must try's. :)
It was a great spot to relax and they also had samplers of the international Coke products too

Good! I've had WP on my radar for a loooong time. Need to get there some day!
I highly recommend it. It was our best meal of the trip

Maybe it's you! You're bad luck to printers!!
Oh, it gets worse. Stay tuned

Ugh, I can imagine what you were going through. I probably would have cried when they said it might be cancelled. Our trip got off to a similar, interesting start thanks to Imelda just a few weeks later - we ended up leaving a day earlier than planned too. It's so hard when you plan for so long and then the weather decides to mess up your plans.
It was a crazy start to the trip! I'm glad you made it on yours as well!

I'm so curious about this blue and green milk... hard to picture milk and rum! Is it sweet? Is it actually milk?
So it's not dairy milk, I think they said rice milk? And then fruit flavors mixed up like a slushie. So with the alcohol, more like a daiquiri

Aww, there are so many amazing options in the WS, and Tangeriene Café is one of my favorites! Glad you could convince her to at least give it a try.
I'm glad we tried it anyway! It's vacation and you have to try something new

Your meals at La Hacienda and Wolfgang Puck both sound delicious! Two places I need to get to!
Definitely give both a try! I was so impressed

Joining in! Wow some of those wait times you had were really low!

Seems like a great trip so far even if a bit hot!!
:welcome: The wait times were amazing. The only really bad part of this trip was the extreme heat and humidity behind the hurricane. Even the locals and CM's we talked to said it was much worse than normal

Right?! Spoiler alert- none of us ate anything from a Food and Wine booth this trip. I'm hoping to do better in Nov!
This is... both tragic and sad.
It was a great spot to relax and they also had samplers of the international Coke products too
Okay! :)
I highly recommend it. It was our best meal of the trip
Need to move this up the list. :)
Oh, it gets worse. Stay tuned
uh, oh

By 12:30 we were heading back to the hotel since no one wanted to do anything. Transportation was super slow and it took an hour to get back.
Yikes... rough morning at EPCOT. Sorry you didn't get to experience more of WS.
I think we sat up there for over an hour and then walked to Wolfgang Puck’s to wait for our Aunt and Uncle. They could have seated us early but they hadn’t arrived yet, so we waited. And waited. And I texted them. And finally I called them and left a message. 15 minutes after our ADR time, we gave up and took a table. It wasn’t very busy and the staff was very accommodating! About 10 minutes later, my Uncle called because they had completely forgotten and were 45 minutes away
Oh no... at least those of you who actually made it got to enjoy a nice dinner!
At least the crowds were still low and we literally just had to walk out the door to have decent spots. We each were able to stand about 2 feet apart from each other and not have anyone else around us, it was perfect!
That's a great way to watch the fireworks. Even if you had to deal with the broken printers first.

Yikes... rough morning at EPCOT. Sorry you didn't get to experience more of WS.
I think we all needed a break anyway. The heat was really wearing us all down.

That's a great way to watch the fireworks. Even if you had to deal with the broken printers first.
Another thing on this trip that turned out better than expected, after first appearing to be a disaster!

Ok time to finish this TR up because if I don't start packing for my next trip I'm going to be in trouble! 12 days until we leave and I've literally done nothing to prep (and for an overly logical over planner, it's stressing me out!)
September 8th- Our last full day and our first MNSSHP!

The plan for today was to spend the morning at Magic Kingdom, then head back to our resort to pack, change into our costumes, and have dinner, before heading to MNSSHP. We got to MK around 9 and had FP’s for BTMRR and 7DMT right away. It was a "cooler" day today!

a5bsCaU.jpg

We stopped in to Mickey’s Philharmagic to cool off a bit and then got on our FP for Peter Pan. We had lunch scheduled at BOG so we decided to go on The Little Mermaid to use up some time and keep us in the area. We wandered around Fantasyland a little bit and then went to do some shopping to Big Top Souvenirs. DF wanted to ride Dumbo but the sun was brutal so DC and I sat in the shade and watched the marching band while she rode. I asked them if we should pre-order our lunch but neither of them wanted to. We walked over to BOG about 15 minutes before our ADR and they let us head right up the bridge- where we stood in the direct sun for another 25 minutes. We finally made it inside and 15 minutes after that, we got to order. This place is crazy! We grabbed our drinks and started walking through all the rooms looking for a table, but there weren’t any. We finally had to pick a room (ballroom) and just wait for someone to leave. It took about 10 more minutes for our food to arrive after we scored a table. I ordered the french dip, DC went with the turkey sandwich, and DF went with the chicken. None of our meals were bad but we weren’t really impressed either. I’m glad we got to see the decor but I’m in no rush to ever go back.
ewOLdyq.jpg
e52cXgB.jpg
1kzzZ92.jpg

We grabbed a FP for Pirates while we were having lunch and we walked over that way planning to do Jungle Cruise first. Well, the standby time jumped to 50 minutes just as we were arriving so we enjoyed a shady spot until our FP time, but Pirates went down just as it opened up, so we took our multi experience FP and went back to Jungle Cruise! We had a good skipper but not as amazing as the one we had earlier in the week. We wanted to get Dole Whips next since none of us had ever had one. The line was all the way out of the queue so we tried to mobile order, but mobile order was down. Sadly, we decided it was time to go back to the hotel to prep for the rest of the day.

kCRw6YQ.jpg
I finally got up the nerve to take pictures off the balcony! Heights are NOT my friend!

DF and I started packing right away, since we needed to be on the Magical Express around noon the next day and we really wanted to hit the park before. DC thought we should skip the parks that morning and just sleep in. We told her that was fine if she wanted to do that but we were going to pack and get in a few rides the next morning. She started packing too so we could all be ready. We changed into our Wilderness Explorers outfits and headed downstairs to get our Magical Express paperwork because DC hadn’t called with our flights in advance (since we didn’t know what was happening with Dorian). The front desk fixed it right away and went to print our paperwork...and nothing happened. The printer was broken (#2). She worked on trying to fix it or print it on another printer but she couldn’t get anything to work. We had an ADR shortly at The Wave and she even offered to deliver it to us at dinner but finally it printed! I never knew printing was so hard!

We headed over to our ADR and got seated right away. Our server was Joseph and he was really great! DC and I started with adult drinks, I had a specialty margarita and she had something blue, and DF had a mocktail. We all went with the filet but I subbed cauliflower for the asparagus (yuck) and DC subbed broccoli. The food was really great and we each got the chocolate trio for dessert. Joseph also gave us lots of pointers on things to enjoy and do during MNSSHP. If we hadn't had such a great meal at Wolfgang Puck's the night before, this would have been the best meal of the trip.
Asm4beE.jpg
homqWET.jpg
YHnPhVQ.jpg

We walked back to MK and got our wristbands just as the party was starting. We headed through the treat line to get our bags and first bundle of candy right away.

ORn9d0h.jpg
xMdCH2s.jpg
K9JcvKB.jpg

We knew Space Mountain was a must do so we headed inside right away. This was amazing! We all really enjoyed the ride in the dark and said we should come back after grabbing more candy. We went through the Monsters Inc trail next and watched a few minutes of the audience interaction. It was cute and we kept moving. We decided to walk back to Adventureland to make sure we got a ride on Pirates and as we walked that way there was nobody at Aloha Isle! We each grabbed a Dole Whip (well, I did, they got the raspberry swirl ones) and sat down to enjoy. So good! Then we got on Pirates and had really good interactions with the live actors. Everyone in our boat got really in to it too, which made it even more fun.

W09bkUN.jpg

We got more candy and headed in to BTMRR, since we love it in the dark. They put us all the way in the back and it was so much fun! We did have to wait for 3 trains to fill with handicapped people before we got to ride, but it was worth it. We did Haunted Mansion next and enjoyed the actors outside, and we grabbed more candy at every treat trail we passed. It was getting close to fireworks time so we found a bench in Fantasyland and watched them from back there. We didn’t get to see the projections but we really didn’t care and having the fireworks going off all around us was very cool.

jJylc2K.jpg
I didn't bother taking fireworks pictures and I just enjoyed the show!

Winnie the Pooh was our next stop and then more candy! We wanted to get back to Space Mountain but everyone was grabbing spots for the 2nd parade so we headed to Main Street and got a great spot. It was also so nice to just sit on the sidewalk for a while. The parade was a lot of fun and I’m glad we stopped to watch.

0UCPxzm.jpg
VLWhs32.jpg
vBvtD4I.jpg
6mlFi2a.jpg

The final stage show was starting right after it and DC and DF are big Hocus Pocus fans so we passed up our last chance for Space and went to watch. The party was over then and we walked back to the hotel. We were still planning for early morning magic at MK the next day so we needed to get a little sleep!

We knew Space Mountain was a must do so we headed inside right away. This was amazing! We all really enjoyed the ride in the dark and said we should come back after grabbing more candy.

I loved riding Space Mountain in the dark!

We each grabbed a Dole Whip (well, I did, they got the raspberry swirl ones)

I'm glad you finally got your Dole Whip!

12 days until we leave and I've literally done nothing to prep (and for an overly logical over planner, it's stressing me out!)
Just breathe. You'll be okay. :)
DF wanted to ride Dumbo but the sun was brutal so DC and I sat in the shade and watched the marching band while she rode.
Good compromise. I'll take the shade too. Skootch over.
I asked them if we should pre-order our lunch but neither of them wanted to.
:sad2: That's the whole reason I will eat there. The food's not that great... but what is (apart from dining in a castle) is that your food magically appears after you walk in.
they let us head right up the bridge- where we stood in the direct sun for another 25 minutes.
:headache:
We finally made it inside and 15 minutes after that, we got to order.
Yep. Definitely should've pre-ordered.
We finally had to pick a room (ballroom) and just wait for someone to leave.
Whoa! That is busy! No wonder you had such long waits!
Pirates went down just as it opened up
well... poop!
But you got to ride it at the party which is sooooo much better.
The line was all the way out of the queue so we tried to mobile order, but mobile order was down.
:headache: you're just not having any luck today.
I finally got up the nerve to take pictures off the balcony! Heights are NOT my friend!
So... can you enjoy the view? Or is looking even from inside the room difficult?
DC thought we should skip the parks that morning and just sleep in. We told her that was fine if she wanted to do that but we were going to pack and get in a few rides the next morning.
::yes:: Bye! we're going on rides. See ya!
The front desk fixed it right away and went to print our paperwork...and nothing happened. The printer was broken (#2).
:laughing:
I subbed cauliflower for the asparagus (yuck)
So.... not an asparagus fan? Hmmm??? ;)
If we hadn't had such a great meal at Wolfgang Puck's the night before, this would have been the best meal of the trip.
Good! I think I need to put this place on my list. :)
We knew Space Mountain was a must do so we headed inside right away. This was amazing! We all really enjoyed the ride in the dark
With my neck and back... I don't dare ride it in the dark.
I'd probably be fine... but I don't want to risk it.

Crap. I'm old.
We went through the Monsters Inc trail next and watched a few minutes of the audience interaction. It was cute and we kept moving.
Oh?
I'd heard there was something for the party but never got over there. What was it?
there was nobody at Aloha Isle!
Yuss!!!!
Then we got on Pirates and had really good interactions with the live actors.
::yes:: They're fun!
Everyone in our boat got really in to it too, which made it even more fun.
::yes:: I've been on a boat where no one said anything. :sad2:
We did Haunted Mansion next and enjoyed the actors outside,
Love them. :)
I didn't bother taking fireworks pictures and I just enjoyed the show!
Good! I think everyone by now has seen fireworks photos.
The parade was a lot of fun and I’m glad we stopped to watch.
I love that parade! And I'm not a parade kinda guy!

The Wave for dinner looks good. I’m glad you liked it

I'm glad you enjoyed the party and the parade! I love that parade, it is my all time favorite!!

I'm glad you finally got your Dole Whip!
I was really worried that I'd finish my 4th WDW trip without ever having one!

Just breathe. You'll be okay. :)
I started packing this weekend and now I feel better :rotfl2:

Whoa! That is busy! No wonder you had such long waits!
I'm pretty sure this was our longest waits of the trip!

So... can you enjoy the view? Or is looking even from inside the room difficult?
Inside the room was fine and I did watch the Electric Water Parade from the balcony but I had to sit on the floor with my back against the door. It drives me crazy to be like that but I KNOW I will fall over the edge otherwise!

So.... not an asparagus fan? Hmmm??? ;)
There are very few foods I hate- asparagus, fish, coconut, and asparagus LOL

With my neck and back... I don't dare ride it in the dark.
I'd probably be fine... but I don't want to risk it.

Crap. I'm old.
Completely understandable. It's not one I can do over and over either

Oh?
I'd heard there was something for the party but never got over there. What was it?
It was similar to the normal show but ongoing improv with the audience the whole time

::yes:: I've been on a boat where no one said anything. :sad2:
The would be...awkward

I love that parade! And I'm not a parade kinda guy!
It was really good! I'm not a parade person either

The Wave for dinner looks good. I’m glad you liked it

I'm glad you enjoyed the party and the parade! I love that parade, it is my all time favorite!!
The Wave was great, I'm going to take my dad there on our upcoming trip too. Much better than most of the table service in the Magic Kingdom. I'm really happy we stopped to watch the parade!

I started packing this weekend and now I feel better :rotfl2:
Good! See? Breathing works!
Inside the room was fine and I did watch the Electric Water Parade from the balcony but I had to sit on the floor with my back against the door. It drives me crazy to be like that but I KNOW I will fall over the edge otherwise!
:hug:
But glad you get to enjoy it in one way or another. :)
There are very few foods I hate- asparagus, fish, coconut, and asparagus LOL
:laughing:
I'm with you all the way with the coconut!
It was similar to the normal show but ongoing improv with the audience the whole time
Ah!
The would be...awkward
I suspect, since I was the only one laughing, that perhaps I was the only English speaking person on the boat?
Maybe?
The Wave was great, I'm going to take my dad there on our upcoming trip too. Much better than most of the table service in the Magic Kingdom.
Thanks for the tip! :)

We walked over to BOG about 15 minutes before our ADR and they let us head right up the bridge- where we stood in the direct sun for another 25 minutes. We finally made it inside and 15 minutes after that, we got to order. This place is crazy!
Always so frustrating to get in there!
None of our meals were bad but we weren’t really impressed either. I’m glad we got to see the decor but I’m in no rush to ever go back.
I'm sorry it didn't impress you. I feel like this was one of the best lunch options in any of the parks when it first opened, but it seems like the quality has gone down over time. We didn't even care to go there on our last trip.
We grabbed a FP for Pirates while we were having lunch and we walked over that way planning to do Jungle Cruise first. Well, the standby time jumped to 50 minutes just as we were arriving so we enjoyed a shady spot until our FP time, but Pirates went down just as it opened up, so we took our multi experience FP and went back to Jungle Cruise!
Frustrating, but I guess it worked out well.
If we hadn't had such a great meal at Wolfgang Puck's the night before, this would have been the best meal of the trip.
I've heard a lot of good things about the Wave recently
The final stage show was starting right after it and DC and DF are big Hocus Pocus fans so we passed up our last chance for Space and went to watch. The party was over then and we walked back to the hotel. We were still planning for early morning magic at MK the next day so we needed to get a little sleep!
Looks like you guys had a nice time at the party! You got quite a bit accomplished.

I'm sorry it didn't impress you. I feel like this was one of the best lunch options in any of the parks when it first opened, but it seems like the quality has gone down over time. We didn't even care to go there on our last trip.
I don't regret going and I'd go back again if they worked out some of the kinks.

Frustrating, but I guess it worked out well.
At least they were close together!

Looks like you guys had a nice time at the party! You got quite a bit accomplished.
The party was great! I'm glad I splurged on the tickets and we did a lot more than we thought we'd get to.

Well....I'd hoped to finish this TR right after my last post but life got in the way again! Don't people realize I've got writing to do?! Anyway, I got bit by a cat at work this week and luckily it didn't get infected but my right hand is a bruised mess so typing is a challenge. Running is still okay though so at least I can still train for Wine & Dine! (5 days until I leave).

September 9th- Time to go home

We set our alarms for 6:45, hoping to be to MK by 7ish. We got up and DC had a few things to finish packing before we left. We waited around while she pulled everything together and then headed down to drop our bags to be shipped to the airport. We checked in, they weighed our bags, and then went to print the tags. Well, you may have guessed it, but those tags wouldn’t print (#3). They said it had been slow all morning and to just wait. After 15 minutes of them messing around, we asked if we could go back to the lobby and get some coffee. We grabbed some drinks and headed back outside. Still no tags. The ended up rebooting something major to finally get our luggage marked. Good grief! We were laughing with the CM's that our bags were heavier than normal do to all the candy from MNSSHP and he said he weighed a backpack a few days earlier that was 34 lbs- all of it candy! That person got their moneys worth!

We got to MK a little after 8 and did Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain right away.

Qp1KAum.jpg

We wanted to grab some food next and we had 1 QS credit each and 1 snack each left to use. There was almost nothing open before 11, which we had never noticed before. Apparently breakfast at MK just isn’t a thing. We did walk over to Gaston’s and got water and a cinnamon roll each with our snack credits. These were really delicious!
0bGEPZR.jpg

We went on Haunted Mansion and then Pirates, where we got drenched! It’s because all our other clothes were packed :) Sadly, it was now time to leave and we took our final monorail ride back to the Contemporary with the plan to grab a quick lunch at the Contempo Cafe. Unfortunately, they were still only serving breakfast, so DF and I got Mickey Waffles and DC got a breakfast bowl. The waffles were pretty hard and DC didn’t like her bowl either. Oh well, food was food and we had used up all our dining credits right on time!

ionHXCD.jpg

We headed to the Magical Express and then the nightmare that is TSA at MCO.
ph2JJA4.jpg
2Ya4Kcn.jpg

Our flight was right on time and DF and I watched the Secret Life of Pets 2, which was really funny! I had the chicken and farro dinner, which was ok and then watched How to Train Your Dragon. The flight was very bumpy and it was raining and 60 degrees when we landed at MSP. DF’s husband was waiting to take them home and my mom was supposed to pick me up (since I live right next to the airport). They headed home and I waited, and waited, and waited, while freezing outside in shorts and a tank top. My mom went the wrong direction around the airport and got stuck in crazy traffic. At least she had a jacket in the car for me and we stopped to get some Chipotle on the way home. All in all, we had a wonderful trip with a lot of plan changes and lower crowds than we could ever hope for!

Coming up- watch for my TR for my first ever runDisney trip in November with my Dad, and my second runDisney trip in April with DC!

How many wishlist items did I complete?
Visit Toy Story Land in the dark- 😍

Visit Pandora in the dark- ☹
Have my first dole whip- 😍
See Happily Ever After - 😍
Buy a spirit jersey- 😍
Attend MNSSHP- 😍
See Illuminations during our La Hacienda dinner- ☹
Visit my friends the manatees- ☹
Walk the animal trails at Animal Kingdom- ☹

I guess I'll have to go back! :rotfl2:

Don't people realize I've got writing to do?!
:laughing: I feel your pain.
Anyway, I got bit by a cat at work this week and luckily it didn't get infected but my right hand is a bruised mess so typing is a challenge.
:eek:
That's not good! (the biting part, not the not getting an infection part)
We checked in, they weighed our bags, and then went to print the tags. Well, you may have guessed it, but those tags wouldn’t print (#3).
You're kidding!!!

:rotfl:
he said he weighed a backpack a few days earlier that was 34 lbs- all of it candy!
It's a sack of diabetes!
We did walk over to Gaston’s and got water and a cinnamon roll each with our snack credits. These were really delicious!
mmmm… yum!
We went on Haunted Mansion and then Pirates, where we got drenched! It’s because all our other clothes were packed :)
:laughing: Of course!
The waffles were pretty hard and DC didn’t like her bowl either.
:( Not the best last meal.
We headed to the Magical Express and then the nightmare that is TSA at MCO.
I find that it's not as bad as it was in past years.
Still not great... but better.
DF and I watched the Secret Life of Pets 2, which was really funny!
Thanks for the recommendation!
They headed home and I waited, and waited, and waited, while freezing outside in shorts and a tank top.
:headache:
Glad she had a jacket for you though!

Thanks for a fun TR!! :goodvibes

I also make a check list before I go and maybe I make it so I most likely won’t be able to complete it so I HAVE to go back ? Great TR . Thanks for taking the time to write it .
PS sorry about the cat bite. Hope you heal quickly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!