We Broke All The Printers! - A Hurricane Dorian TR- Updated 10/26 *COMPLETE*

Having done everything we wanted to do at HS, we walked to the buses to go to Animal Kingdom and ended up waiting over 30 minutes for a bus.
Really productive morning at DHS! Too bad the longest wait of the day was for a bus to AK.
Eventually we walked towards Everest and got a FP to ride. I was thrilled because this is my favorite ride but everyone else was getting crabby.
Dang... having some really good luck with the FP availability!
We got more water after the show and they didn’t want to walk anywhere else in the park that day :( There were tons of Fastpasses left but we headed back to the hotel.
That stinks... always so hard to leave a park when you've got that kind of opportunity to really do a lot without much waiting. But you always run the risk of pushing too hard and making everybody grumpy for the remainder of the trip, so that was probably wise.

Sounds like a great day in Epcot! And watching the EWP from your balcony sounds so nice!

And a great morning at DHS! The low crowds were really working in your favor!

Joining in! Sounds like a fun trip (other than the hurricane, blisters, heat, stomach issues, heat, etc.)!

Short life update- I've been offered a part time relief position at a veterinary clinic to cover a maternity leave for the next few months! I'm very excited but it's been over 5 years since I've worked with dogs and cats in this setting so I know there will be a learning curve.
Congrats on the new post! I'm sure you'll do (or are doing) great! :)
There was no wait for standby either and our boat wasn’t full. I didn’t catch our Skipper’s name but he was amazing! His timing was perfect and he had jokes none of us had heard.
I heard a couple new ones too. Love that they're adding to the repertoire.
Pecos Bill’s sounded good and I don’t mind the food
A resounding recommendation! :laughing:
There was no line to order and over half the tables were empty.
Huh! I've been twice lately. Both times there were huge lines and hardly any free tables.
When we tried to use our dining plan, the CM told us we didn’t have one, even after Guest Relations assured us this morning that it would work, so we ended up paying out of pocket.
Well, that bites. :(
We really should have told them we were all riding individually but DC and I got crammed into one car together.
:crowded:
another cloud opened up over us so we ran in to It’s a Small World to stay dryish.
I think I'd prefer to get soaked... :rolleyes:
She also offered to have our lunch switched over to the dining plan but we had used a credit card and it wasn’t worth the hassle so we saved the QS credits (which turned out to be a good thing!).
At least they offered.
They had moved the balcony furniture inside the room for the night so that was a little awkward but understandable.
Yeah, I get that. But sure doesn't leave a lot of room.
around 6 we got a text that our dinner ADR was cancelled and all TS restaurants at WDW were now closed. Um, what?!
Whoa! That leaves a lot of folks in a bind!
We came across D-Luxe Burger next … We all loved our food!
Good to hear! I've been thinking of trying it. :)

There was a ton of construction out front which was kind of a sad welcome to Epcot but I think it will all be worth it when it’s done.
Tons of construction is an understatement. But I'm sure it'll all look great when it's done.
We started walking towards Test Track and had planned to go single rider but as we got closer we thought it must be down because there was no one around it except a CM standing out front. She started waving us closer and I asked if it was running. She laughed and said go in, it was running but there was just no one there!
No line at all for TT???? How?????????
DC kept saying we were going to be late because the ride is SOOO long but I told her it would be fine. Of course, we ended up stuck on the ride back down for almost 10 minutes while CM’s kept going up and down the stairs next to us. The best laid plans…
So DC was right! :laughing:
All the Remy’s were moved inside because of Dorian so we got to enjoy a/c in each country!
Hadn't thought of that. Huh!
I started having stomach issues. I have IBS and I know what to avoid but I think the heat, the ice cream from earlier, and then stuffing myself at dinner was just too much.
Oh dear. But... I feel your pain. As recently as today, actually.
I know this is all TMI
No. I get it. And it happens.
I understand wanting to go home but that stall was occupied! Trust me, I didn’t want to be there any more than she wanted me there! I filled my mug
You WHAT?????????? :eek:
with some Powerade
Oh!

Thank God!
we did Slinky Dog Dash with about a 10 minute wait.
Holy smokes! That's nothing!!
only 6 other people rode in our transport. Neither of us got to be the rebel spy though.
Well, shoot. Next time ride it alone. ;)
We got more water afterwards and sat in the Rivers of Light arena to drink. I don’t know why they wanted to sit there because it was directly in the the sun.
Nope! Shade is my friend.
DC wanted to see the Nemo musical next so we walked back that way. It’s a cute show but the seats are super uncomfortable.
Huh. I don't remember the seats being uncomfortable.
We decided on Earl of Sandwich for dinner, which was excellent as always.
Still haven't tried this place. I really need to!

That stinks... always so hard to leave a park when you've got that kind of opportunity to really do a lot without much waiting. But you always run the risk of pushing too hard and making everybody grumpy for the remainder of the trip, so that was probably wise.
So true! I was really bummed to leave that day but it was for the best overall.

Sounds like a great day in Epcot! And watching the EWP from your balcony sounds so nice!

And a great morning at DHS! The low crowds were really working in your favor!
We really couldn't have asked for better crowds. I feel so sorry for everyone that canceled due to the hurricane because they really missed out!

Joining in! Sounds like a fun trip (other than the hurricane, blisters, heat, stomach issues, heat, etc.)!
:welcome: Every trip has it's glitches! Luckily none of ours were too intense.

EEMH in HS seem like a great way to do so much!
We had zero plans to do EEMH but I'm so glad we did! I will miss it on my next trip

Congrats on the new post! I'm sure you'll do (or are doing) great! :)
Thanks! It's coming back to me slowly but they've already offered a permanent PT position if I want it, so I must not be messing up too badly!

Whoa! That leaves a lot of folks in a bind!
Right?! I can understand shutting down TS in the parks but for the people staying at the resorts, why not let them eat?

Oh dear. But... I feel your pain. As recently as today, actually.
Uh oh!

You WHAT?????????? :eek:
Oh!

Thank God!
:rotfl2: 🤢

Still haven't tried this place. I really need to!
Do it!

It's been a crazy few weeks for me but I'm determined to get this TR finished before my next trip...which is only 25 days away!

September 6th

Animal Kingdom Day! I was so excited for a full day at Animal Kingdom and I was really hoping the weather would be a touch cooler (it wasn’t). We were Disney Bounding as Wilderness Explorers today so we made sure to grab our guide books as soon as we entered the park and we also stopped at the flamingo station.

INw5b8d.jpg

We had a fastpass for the Safari right away and many of the animals were out and about. We also got our WE badge there too.
Ap23qMX.jpg
kLzH0F9.jpg

We headed into Asia next and used our Everest fastpass, which bothered DC and DF a little but I think it’s because we were riding on empty stomachs. We stopped at the WE badge station here too, and the other couple there at the same time loved our outfits so much that they wanted selfies with us!

We saw Kevin out wandering around but we never seemed to be able to get close to her. We were starving now so we used mobile order and got some pulled pork fries and water from Flame Tree BBQ and sat under their pavilion. The food was excellent but the birds were determined to steal from everyone. The largest one got a huge mouthful of meat from a couple that set their tray down and walked away for silverware.
nybbwig.jpg
4Y9iOp1.jpg

We decided we’d better stop for pictures with Dug and Russell next and it was about a 20 minute wait. We stopped to see the lemurs afterwards and one of the keepers was just leaving the exhibit and she stopped to tell us a little about the 2 that were out there. It was pretty cool to have a private question and answer session!
5eV58Ho.jpg

Since we were right there, we went in to It’s Tough to be a Bug to cool off. After the show we decided to start walking towards Pandora even though we had a long time until our FoP fastpass. It was just too hot to walk farther away and then need to come back.

yXA0P8V.jpg

We got in line for Navi River since DF had never been to Pandora before and the wait was about 40 minutes. We all enjoy Navi River but 40 minutes is probably too long to wait for it. We had decided we were going to eat at Satuuli for lunch since DC and I had really liked it last summer. We each got a bowl, I did the chicken and beef over noodles with the herb dressing, DC did the chicken over noodles, and DF did the shrimp over noodles. I really liked my lunch but my companions were less impressed. The herb dressing was a little weird with the oily coating on the noodles and it was an odd combination. I’d still come back again though.
ie8JHCv.jpg

We wandered through the gift shop and watched a little of the show with the man in the suit before it was our fastpass time. DC and I loved FoP last year and we couldn’t wait to bring DF on it. Unfortunately, I did not work with her motion sickness and she spent most of the ride looking behind her and trying not to be sick.

No one wanted to walk anywhere else in the park so we decided to head to Epcot. No animal trails for me this trip :(

We had a late dinner ADR tonight at La Hacienda at fireworks time so we figured we’d just go there early. We went to Soarin’ and Living with the Land right away since they are indoors and then we got Mickey pretzels and sat outside on a bench for a little bit. Mickey pretzels make any day better!

5Fouv9R.jpg

I talked the other 2 into going on Nemo and then enjoying the aquarium so I could visit the manatees. Of course, the manatees were not inside but DC said we would stop again on our next Epcot visit. Boo hoo. Club Cool was closing the next day so we went in to get samples for the last time, but almost everything was empty. DF did get a free slushie since she was wearing her birthday button though!

We slowly wandered towards Mexico and checked in to our dinner. Unfortunately, Illuminations was pushed back that night so we finished long before the fireworks. The restaurant was beautiful and the food was delicious! I had the braised beef over mashed potatoes (with a margarita of course) and it was amazing. I got the molten chocolate cake for dessert, which was also fantastic, but there’s no way I could finish it all. I’m considering changing around an Epcot ADR for my next trip and coming here again.
IMvLTgP.jpg
hW8bYBO.jpg

We were exhausted and stuffed but DF really, really wanted to get a henna tattoo. Grudgingly, we walked around to Morocco just to find out they had closed 10 minutes earlier! This was the only time I thought DC was going to lose her cool. She was really suffering with her feet and now we were on the wrong side of the park, close to fireworks time, and no boats were running. We slowly limped our way back to the monorail and headed back to the hotel. Even slowing down due to the heat, exhaustion, and blisters, we still did a ton today!

After the show we decided to start walking towards Pandora even though we had a long time until our FoP fastpass. It was just too hot to walk farther away and then need to come back.
Makes perfect sense... there's enough walking in AK without adding extra steps!
We got in line for Navi River since DF had never been to Pandora before and the wait was about 40 minutes. We all enjoy Navi River but 40 minutes is probably too long to wait for it.
Worth the wait if someone had never ridden before, but otherwise...
DC and I loved FoP last year and we couldn’t wait to bring DF on it. Unfortunately, I did not work with her motion sickness and she spent most of the ride looking behind her and trying not to be sick.
Oh no! Sorry it wasn't a great experience for them.
We slowly wandered towards Mexico and checked in to our dinner. Unfortunately, Illuminations was pushed back that night so we finished long before the fireworks. The restaurant was beautiful and the food was delicious! I had the braised beef over mashed potatoes (with a margarita of course) and it was amazing. I got the molten chocolate cake for dessert, which was also fantastic, but there’s no way I could finish it all. I’m considering changing around an Epcot ADR for my next trip and coming here again.
Great review! I've wanted to go there ever since they built it, but we've just never made it.

Thanks! It's coming back to me slowly but they've already offered a permanent PT position if I want it, so I must not be messing up too badly!
Hey! That's great! :)
my next trip...which is only 25 days away!
soon!
We were Disney Bounding as Wilderness Explorers today so
What a great idea! :)
We headed into Asia next and used our Everest fastpass, which bothered DC and DF a little but I think it’s because we were riding on empty stomachs.
Yeah, I can see that. Glad you remedied that quickly.
the other couple there at the same time loved our outfits so much that they wanted selfies with us!
Awww. :)
The food was excellent but the birds were determined to steal from everyone. The largest one got a huge mouthful of meat from a couple that set their tray down and walked away for silverware.
:sad2: Rookie mistake.
And not good. Just makes the birds more aggressive.
We stopped to see the lemurs afterwards and one of the keepers was just leaving the exhibit and she stopped to tell us a little about the 2 that were out there. It was pretty cool to have a private question and answer session!
That's so cool! Lucky! :)
We got in line for Navi River since DF had never been to Pandora before and the wait was about 40 minutes.
That's about as low as it gets. So... not bad.
Unfortunately, I did not work with her motion sickness and she spent most of the ride looking behind her and trying not to be sick.
:( That's too bad. It's such a great ride.
No animal trails for me this trip :(
I haven't done the trails in years. I really need to. I had planned on it last trip, but... it just never happened.
Mickey pretzels make any day better!
::yes::
Of course, the manatees were not inside
Well, they were. If you didn't see them, they were just backstage. Maybe being fed or tended to. There's a pool back there with a raiseable bottom. The manatees are trained to go to a certain spot there for medical checks etc. There's also a crane access when they add or remove them.
I had the braised beef over mashed potatoes (with a margarita of course) and it was amazing.
Really! I had no idea this would be available. I thought it would all be more Mexican fare.
I’m considering changing around an Epcot ADR for my next trip and coming here again.
High praise!
We were exhausted and stuffed but DF really, really wanted to get a henna tattoo. Grudgingly, we walked around to Morocco just to find out they had closed 10 minutes earlier!
Oh, no! That's really too bad. :(

I haven't done the trails in years. I really need to. I had planned on it last trip, but... it just never happened.
I have a lot of AK time planned in November and I'm hoping it will be a tad cooler to enjoy the trails (like maybe less than 100 degrees F)

Really! I had no idea this would be available. I thought it would all be more Mexican fare.
It was still Mexican, the sauce was a mole-style and it was all spiced more Mexican, if that makes any sense. It just wasn't your traditional "tacos, burritos, and nachos" type restaurant.

I have a lot of AK time planned in November and I'm hoping it will be a tad cooler to enjoy the trails (like maybe less than 100 degrees F)
I need more AK time. I think I spent... half a day there last trip? Not nearly enough.
It was still Mexican, the sauce was a mole-style and it was all spiced more Mexican, if that makes any sense. It just wasn't your traditional "tacos, burritos, and nachos" type restaurant.
Ah! Okay! Got it. :)

September 7th- The beginning of the end to all the printers

The plan for today was to spend the morning in World Showcase and then head to Disney Springs in the evening to meet our Aunt and Uncle for dinner. For some reason, we decided to arrive at Epcot at 9am and DC & DF beelined it for Norway. Unfortunately, Frozen was down but DC said we could just wait until 10am when World Showcase opens...after waiting a while I pulled out my phone because 10am just didn’t sound right. It wasn’t. World Showcase opens at 11am. DF did a little shopping in Norway and then we contemplated what to do next.

s4TKkKG.jpg
Not a cloud in the sky!

After some grumbling, we decided to walk through the festival booths near the front and then head towards France and walk the World Showcase from that direction. Well, we got to France around 10:15, so we just grabbed a bench and waited. It was already close to 100 degrees again and DC was still limping around. No one wanted a pastry in France and no one wanted to walk anywhere else so we just relaxed.

At 11, we started slowly walking through the countries and checking out the shops. Of course, everyone was hungry as soon as we made it to Morocco and DC was complaining that we needed to use a QS credit but there was nothing good in the WS and she wasn’t eating “ethnic” from the festival booths. We wandered a bit more and discussed options. No one wanted to eat Mexican after eating that for dinner the night before and DC really just wanted to go back towards the Electric Umbrella and then leave. We talked her in to eating at Tangerine Cafe since the schwarm was just meat and sides. She agreed but complained throughout the meal and left most of her food. I thought the hummus and couscous salad was amazing and the meat was decent but nothing to write home about. Oh well, we tried to expand her ethnic horizons!

VYr1qCg.jpg

By 12:30 we were heading back to the hotel since no one wanted to do anything. Transportation was super slow and it took an hour to get back.

Everyone rested a bit and we changed clothes since we were having a semi-nice dinner. We headed to Disney Springs in the late afternoon so DC could finally go to the Sanuk store and get some better shoes. Luckily she got 2 pair on sale and was feeling better after that! We wandered through a few shops because DF wanted the Dooney bag with the Disney cat print for her birthday gift to herself. We found a few at the Dress Shop but they didn’t have the cross body or tote she was looking for. They said there were more available at MK and we were planning to see HEA tonight anyway so it all worked out!

We headed to the Coke Store next and went up to the roof bar for some Coke Slushies.

VIFh9jn.jpg

The view was nice and the breeze was even better! I think we sat up there for over an hour and then walked to Wolfgang Puck’s to wait for our Aunt and Uncle. They could have seated us early but they hadn’t arrived yet, so we waited. And waited. And I texted them. And finally I called them and left a message. 15 minutes after our ADR time, we gave up and took a table. It wasn’t very busy and the staff was very accommodating! About 10 minutes later, my Uncle called because they had completely forgotten and were 45 minutes away (I had confirmed the day we left Minnesota). Oh well, it turned out to be their loss because this dinner was AMAZING! Our server, Gianna, recommended the rigatoni and the tortellini so DF got the rigatoni and I went with the burrata cheese tortellini, while DC got the mac and cheese with pancetta. All our pastas were perfect. I could have eaten a tub of that tortellini. We went with her recommendation for dessert too, I had the key lime pie, DF had the carrot cake, and DC had the chocolate souffle. We couldn’t have been happier with our food and I’m sure we’ll be back again! I've heard mixed reviews about this restaurant and the service was a little slow, but the food certainly made up for it!
zdfRT5r.jpg
gZyiY02.jpg
tlgwcjH.jpg
UdIIbB9.jpg
nFTdQJZ.jpg

We waddled our way to the buses and grabbed one to MK so DF could find her purse before the fireworks. We found the bags about 30 minutes before HEA and after a few minutes of deliberating, DF decided on the tote. The CM rang it up but the printer was out of paper for the receipt. She was new and immediately asked her supervisor how to reprint the receipt. The supervisor said she’d run in back and print it for us. 15 minutes later, the first CM said she go see what was taking so long. She came back and said none of the printers were working but they thought they had it fixed. At 3 minutes to show time, the supervisor FINALLY came out with a receipt and we ran outside to watch the show! Close call (and for the record, this is broken printers #1). At least the crowds were still low and we literally just had to walk out the door to have decent spots. We each were able to stand about 2 feet apart from each other and not have anyone else around us, it was perfect!
7IOXVgq.jpg

(I didn't take many pictures because I knew they wouldn't turn out). We hid down a side street after the show to wait for the crowds to clear and then walked back to our hotel. It was a slower day for us but also a much needed rest day!

The beginning of the end to all the printers
ooohh… here we go...
DC & DF beelined it for Norway.
Sure! It's always a good time for pickled herring!
10am just didn’t sound right. It wasn’t. World Showcase opens at 11am.
::yes::
there was nothing good in the WS and she wasn’t eating “ethnic” from the festival booths.
OMG.... That's kinda the entire reason for the festival and WS as a whole.
She agreed but complained throughout the meal and left most of her food.
:sad2:
I thought the hummus and couscous salad was amazing
I'm not a fan of hummus, but... I love couscous!
Luckily she got 2 pair on sale and was feeling better after that!
Phew!
We headed to the Coke Store next and went up to the roof bar for some Coke Slushies.
Oh! I didn't know about this.
I've added it to my list of must try's. :)
15 minutes after our ADR time, we gave up and took a table.
Ouch. But... ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
About 10 minutes later, my Uncle called because they had completely forgotten and were 45 minutes away (I had confirmed the day we left Minnesota)
And again... :sad2:
this dinner was AMAZING! Our server, Gianna, recommended the rigatoni and the tortellini so DF got the rigatoni and I went with the burrata cheese tortellini, while DC got the mac and cheese with pancetta. All our pastas were perfect.
Good! I've had WP on my radar for a loooong time. Need to get there some day!
The CM rang it up but the printer was out of paper for the receipt. She was new and immediately asked her supervisor how to reprint the receipt. The supervisor said she’d run in back and print it for us. 15 minutes later, the first CM said she go see what was taking so long. She came back and said none of the printers were working but they thought they had it fixed. At 3 minutes to show time, the supervisor FINALLY came out with a receipt and we ran outside to watch the show! Close call (and for the record, this is broken printers #1).
Maybe it's you! You're bad luck to printers!!

We really liked Hacienda this past trip and we got tons of food!

I’m sorry DC had sore feet, it is hard to do anything with that going on!

I have heard good things about WP especially the food! I’m glad you liked it.

I'm joining in, and all caught up! Enjoying your trip report so far.

Way too many hours later boarding began and as soon as DC scanned her ticket the gate agent told us to wait because our flight had been delayed or possibly canceled. I literally thought I was going to cry. She got on the phone right away and was talking to someone and telling them they’d already started boarding. After a very tense few minutes she told us to go ahead and not to worry. We actually took off about 15 minutes ahead of schedule and I finally started to relax!

Ugh, I can imagine what you were going through. I probably would have cried when they said it might be cancelled. Our trip got off to a similar, interesting start thanks to Imelda just a few weeks later - we ended up leaving a day earlier than planned too. It's so hard when you plan for so long and then the weather decides to mess up your plans.

I also had the fun experience of realizing my aerosol sunscreen had exploded in my checked bag. It ate through the ziploc it was in, ate the paint off my hairclips, turned my toothbrush into powder, oil stained a bunch of clothing, and ate through the lining of my suitcase. I cleaned everything up the best I could and we headed to bed for a few hours!

Oh no! I had no idea sunscreen could cause so much damage... hopefully it wasn't too bad getting everything cleaned up and useable for the rest of your trip.

We also went to the milk stand and DC and I each got the blue milk with rum (because vacation). I’d heard mixed reviews on this but I really liked it!

I'm so curious about this blue and green milk... hard to picture milk and rum! Is it sweet? Is it actually milk?

When we tried to use our dining plan, the CM told us we didn’t have one, even after Guest Relations assured us this morning that it would work, so we ended up paying out of pocket.

I was hoping they would fix this for you later on, but glad to hear they offered and it actually worked out for the best that you paid out of pocket.

DC also wanted to plan another TS meal since we hadn’t used our Chef Mickey’s credits, so we booked an early lunch at Garden Grill because we had a late dinner ADR at Teppan Edo already planned.

I love Teppan Edo! It's nice that you all could be so flexible with your plans this trip.

There was a ton of construction out front which was kind of a sad welcome to Epcot but I think it will all be worth it when it’s done.

I didn't realize there would be this kind of construction at Epcot and it made me sad too - especially to see the big fountain was closed.

I don’t eat much ice cream because it doesn’t sit well with me but this seemed necessary.

Ugh, ice cream is a must in that heat, but sorry that you may have paid for it later on.

Around 10:15 the Electrical Water Parade came by and we all sat on the balcony to watch. It was a fun end to the night!
EY7bI9T.jpg

What a great view!

Of course, everyone was hungry as soon as we made it to Morocco and DC was complaining that we needed to use a QS credit but there was nothing good in the WS and she wasn’t eating “ethnic” from the festival booths.

Aww, there are so many amazing options in the WS, and Tangeriene Café is one of my favorites! Glad you could convince her to at least give it a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter