We are going to Disney in 3 weeks, for our Spring break! update 6/12 Boma

I can't believe how much you all got done in your MK morning. One of these days I'll actually get my sleeping crew up and to MK for extra magic hours :-)

Loving all your F&G food and of course Via Napoli That pasta looks and sounds amazing, but there is no way I could ever tear myself away from the pizza.

Congrats on your August trip!!!! We normally go that time a year, but are missing it this year as school here is starting before labor day for the first time ever. Strangely we are actually going to be there for Jersey week this year instead so glad to hear that the crowds may not be as much with the change in dates :P

Glad you all enjoyed Boma, but I like you am in the non-buffet club. The food is good and all, but nothing beats freshly prepared food

Sorry for the long hiatus. Ever since the summer vacation started, I've been breaking up my time by minutes. It always seems a lot busier with DS's activities and three meals a day at home. We've had our vacation in the west coast, hitting Yosemite, King's Canyon, Grand Canyon and Sequoia National Park. It was truly beautiful and healing. I'll try to finish up this review as we have another Disney trip coming up at the end of this month.

On our last full day, we decided to take things pretty easy as we had another resort switch back to Dolphin and slept in. We watched the animals start their morning and watched a movie in the room before we checked-out of AKL. We weren't quit done with AKL as we had early lunch ADR at Sanaa. We were one of the first to be seated and they seated us by the window. There were many animals grazing by the window and we were quit entertained by the animals.

We started to share the famous bread service with all the accompaniments. They were all pretty good and I remember liking the cucumber raita and tamarind chutney. DS loved all the spicy dips.

For my meal, I decided to try Potjie Inspired dishes. Durban shrimp and butter chicken. However, our waiter informed me that I could only choose one protein dish and I need to choose one vegetable one. However, since we are on DxDP, he said that I could choose 3 dishes, one vegetable, and two protein. So I choose chick pea.

Maybe my dishes weren't prepared right or I am different that others. I didn't like the chicken or the shrimp. The butter chicken was rather over cooked and dry. I like the sauces/spices that came with both dishes but just didn't like the flavor of actual chicken or shrimp. And the shrimp was also over cooked so the shrimp tasted like rubber. I wasn't overly impressed.They were eatable but just not well cooked.

DS choose Sausage Sandwich and he ate about half of it. He actually like his choice but he was so full from the bread service, he didn't have much room. However, when it came to desert, he still had some room, so he decided to order, I think African Triple Chocolate.

This was dark chocolate and very rich and smooth in texture with right bitterness. It was actually quit good and DS had no problem finishing it.

After the meal, we said our final good-bye to AKL and headed to Dolphin. It was around little after noon, when we checked in Dolphin and they had our room ready. We headed straight up to drop our luggage off and decided to head out to Epcot to burn some FP+ and paper FPs. We rode Frozen ride and decided to have a cold treat.

It's strawberry slushy from African Outpost and it hit the spot. The weather was quit warm and the drink was really refreshing and cooled us down. Afterwards, we rode Test Track and took an express bus to MK. We couldn't skip visiting MK for the last time so we rode Seven Dwarves Mine Train and Thunder Mt with paper FP. For the last time, we each decided to get our favorite treats.

There was quit a long line for the dole whip but we had nothing else we wanted to do so I waited while DS decided to go get his citrus swirl and come back to me. A few minutes later, DS returned with empty hands and said that the machine was down for his citrus swirl. Boo~~ So he decided to share my dole whip and we picked out a spot by the carpet ride and enjoyed dole whip and watched people.

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter