• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Are Going.. And That is That!

Goofie4ever

Saving The World One Beer at a Time
Greetings,

This is my first ever Trip Report, except well we haven't gone yet so it' technically a Pre-Trip report.

I am writing this blog also for the first time but I have been reading/lurking/stalking all of yours for years and now that I am going I thought I'd join in.

Details:
Trip Dates December 7th - December 12th 2015.
From The San Francisco Bay Area

Why? Well uhm it's Disneyland why do you think silly? Actually we are celebrating two things. Mr. Man my wonderful amazing lobster er Boyfriend of almost 8 years Birthday and I will have hopefully successfully directed my first ever stage play. It' opens November 20th so it's too soon to tell if it's successful.

We have never been on vacation together it's been a wild ride for sure between getting jobs. loosing jobs we never thought we'd ever be able to go but we both agreed two years ago that we'd be going and we tightened the belt just a bit more to save the money. Took us almost two years and there were times I was convinced it wouldn't happen like when the car broke down or Mr. Man had total hip replacement surgery and out of work for 4 months, but three days ago we purchased round trip Non-refundable airline tickets so thus the Title We are Going.. and That is That!

Flying Southwest from SFO to John Wayne Airport - now I know it's such a short drive only 6-7 hours but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disneyland and HATE HATE HATE driving in the car it's like my worst nightmare ever. When I was a kid every vacation we took I was stuck in the middle of my two older siblings getting elbowed and pushed around in the back seat for what felt like an eternity.. and then of course my Mother wanting to stop every 1/2 hour to look at every tumbleweed on Highway 5 when all I want to do is get to MICKEY! What is between me and Mickey means nothing to me!

So when Mr. Man had to choose between 7 hours of "are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet" versus 2 hours of wonderful silence and booze because I will be listing to my IPOD on the place the choice was clear.

Staying: Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort :http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/laxoc-fairfield-inn-anaheim-resort/ Have always tried to stay in the general area of Harbor Blvd easy walking distance to the Esplanade. I have stayed at others and we wanted something a little better than Motel 6 so and this fit our budget nicely.

I used Fairy God Mother Travel and our agent is name Ari Now I am an uber planner myself and have never used an agent before but I knew I would be too busy with my play to get dinning reservation etc so heck why not try it?

So that's the story so far.. as soon as I figure out how to load pictures I'll continue; anyone want to give me a hint?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter