We Are Family! 2018 All In The Family Vacation!

I hope all goes well with the surgery. At our church, the secretary job is not effected by a pastor leaving. Your job is most likely safe. :)

My mother was our church secretary for years. And she stayed for several changes in pastors, four in all. Church secretaries keep everything running smoothly which is especially important during transition periods. So, hopefully your job will be secure. as well

Hi everyone, no new Disney plans, regular life continues to consume all my time!

We went to visit our son & daughter-in-law in Illinois June 8-12. They planned an early father's day cookout since we were coming up and her dad was leaving with 2 of her teenage nephews to go to Disney for high school wrestling tournament that weekend. They each got a little onesie that said "We know you don't like us spending money on you so we "made" you a present instead! Baby B******* coming January 2018! It was adorable! I don't know how to post pictures here plus they don't want anything getting out till their sonogram on July 3 when she will be 12 weeks along.

FIL surgery went well on the 13th. Dr is confident he removed all cancer and it hasn't spread. He should get results tomorrow for sure. MIL has put off pacemaker until Sept.

I wound up in ER on Wed. night (14th) with jaw, chest, arm and leg pain. It has been happening for the last few weeks, just lasting a few mins and then stopping. I decided with a grandbaby coming I better make sure everything was ok. Went to cardiologist on Thurs. to hear that I have a blockage. Will be having balloon/stent procedure on the 27th.

Our son and DIL came down this past weekend to share baby news with his half brothers, grandparents and rest of family so we had a cookout Sat. Everyone was surprised and MIL was upset with me that I didn't share while we were waiting on FIL surgery but the kids wanted to tell them so I kept my mouth shut. I'm super excited the baby even though we already have 8 grandkids and 4 great grandkids this is the first child for my biological son. I love my stepsons and step grandkids but this is just different.

We are just getting started to look for new pastor so nothing new there.

Still planning on June 15-30, 2018 for our vacation and booking the 4 bedroom /2 bath condo for entire stay @ $1600. Other than that haven't even though about plans!

Hope everyone is doing well and making great plans!

Well after the heart cath yesterday Disney maybe off the table next year. After insurance we were left with a $4480+ balance if we paid yesterday we got 20% off so wound up paying $3583+. Decided going to treat blockages with meds and want me to do a sleep study. Not sure what that will cost. I so need a vacation!!

Hope everyone's planning is on schedule!

Sorry to hear the vacation may have to wait but glad to hear that you're getting the help health wise that you need. Hope you feel the benefit of the treatment very soon

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on the boards! Still no new vacation plans. We took 2 of the boys, DIL and their kids all to Red Lobster last night and while there I told my youngest stepson that his dad said the family vacation was on hold since we paid out so much medical this year. He's like come on dad all the overtime you're working and us splitting the condo are you serious? His youngest daughter said with her sad little face, " but poppa I really want to go to Disney with you and nana" DH looks at her, then me then son and says "I guess we can still go!" :love::yay::banana:

We talked about cutting Universal out or at least down to one day and instead of doing 5 days at Disney, maybe just 1 day at each park. Possibly cutting out extra travel day and do trip in one day (12 hrs, not including stops).

We are going camping Oct.5-10 so hoping I can do some planning while DH & DS go hunting. We found out Aug. 19th that new grandbaby is a BOY. We are going to Illinois for baby shower Oct. 12-15 and will be having them a shower here in Tennessee Nov. 4th so still have a lot of life things going on!

I am going to try to get caught up on everyone's reports this afternoon to see how far along everyone is and maybe get some ideas!
:flower1::daisy::flower:

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on the boards! Still no new vacation plans. We took 2 of the boys, DIL and their kids all to Red Lobster last night and while there I told my youngest stepson that his dad said the family vacation was on hold since we paid out so much medical this year. He's like come on dad all the overtime you're working and us splitting the condo are you serious? His youngest daughter said with her sad little face, " but poppa I really want to go to Disney with you and nana" DH looks at her, then me then son and says "I guess we can still go!" :love::yay::banana:

We talked about cutting Universal out or at least down to one day and instead of doing 5 days at Disney, maybe just 1 day at each park. Possibly cutting out extra travel day and do trip in one day (12 hrs, not including stops).

We are going camping Oct.5-10 so hoping I can do some planning while DH & DS go hunting. We found out Aug. 19th that new grandbaby is a BOY. We are going to Illinois for baby shower Oct. 12-15 and will be having them a shower here in Tennessee Nov. 4th so still have a lot of life things going on!

I am going to try to get caught up on everyone's reports this afternoon to see how far along everyone is and maybe get some ideas!
:flower1::daisy::flower:

So, glad to read that things are going well for you now and that you will still get to go to Disney. I am writing this on October 6th so you will be here in Illinois next week for the baby shower. So, I am am wishing you safe travels and lots of wonderful family memories. Very exciting for you all!

Keep us posted on the grandbaby news and your plans.

Time is really flying by! Shower in Illinois was great and DS &DIL revealed name they decided on Greyson Daniel. We just had a baby shower here this past Saturday, it was great and got to spend extra time with them! Had sonogram yesterday and Greyson now weighs 4.5 lbs! Her amniotic fluid level is high so they are going to start keeping an even closer watch on her and baby. Starting to Christmas shop just in case he or the dr. decide for an earlier than Jan. 3 arrival!

Only new Disney news is I believe we are moving our trip up to June 1-16. Just trying to beat a few people! School for all 3 kids is out Wednesday, May 30 so we plan to leave sometime Thursday, May 31st, drive half way or so and finish trip on Friday, June 1. We had planned to be there for husband's birthday June 25 but will now be there for DGD 8th birthday June 4 that will either be a MK or HS day since there are characters at both she likes! This date change will make me have to get it in gear since DS & DIL and baby will be in for Memorial weekend due to a friends wedding and I will be keeping Greyson for them. I hope to have packing completed by then!

Hope everyone's plans are on track and going smoothly!

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!

Wow we are so close to 2018!! Happy New Year! Baby Greyson isn't here yet! Dr. appointment tomorrow so hopefully good news soon!

We have decided to take our granddaughter even though her dad isn't going! They are paying all her expenses.

Our dates are back to June 15-30 so hopefully Toy Story Land will be open.

Trying to plan our days out. 5 Disney days 1 -AK, 1-Epcot, 1-HS and 2 -MK cut Universal to 1 day park to park, 1 day Sea World, 1 deep sea fishing, beach day, Gatorland

Friday, June 15 - arrival day, condo stock shopping

Saturday, June 16 - Disney Springs day early dinner @ T-Rex

Sunday, June 17 - Father's day thinking either Sea World or Animal Kingdom

Monday, June 18 -

Tuesday, June 19 -

Wednesday, June 20-

Thursday, June 21-

Friday, June 22 - Hollywood Studios

Saturday, June 23-

Sunday, June 24 -

Monday, June 25 - Dinner @ Medieval Times for DH's birthday

Tuesday, June 26 -

Wednesday, June 27 - Deep Sea Fishing

Thursday, June 28 -

Friday, June 29 -

Saturday, June 30- travel home day

Should I try to plan based on crowd calendars or just pick a day and go? We have decided not to do any ADR's 2 of the granddaughters are very picky eaters and we would rather do quick meal when everyone gets hungry. DIL and I are going to look at the menus for each park so we can pick a couple of places to chose from.

We have 2 very picky eaters here too. We usually make breakfast ADR's at the buffets. We decided to go this February, lol, and have ADR's for both Crystal Palace breakfast and Garden Grove breakfast.

I'd look at crowd calendars just so you can pick a few FP+ selections. You'll need them for FOP and Seven Dwarves for sure.

Happy Nana here! Baby Greyson arrived! Son called after their dr appt. on Fri said we have to be at hospital @ 6pm tonight. I already had most of our clothes packed so we managed to get started on our 6+ hr drive around 7:00 with stops and having to slow down for icy/snowy roads we got to hospital around 3am. Had to do a c-section so Greyson Daniel arrived 12/30/17 @ 12:32pm weighing 8lbs 1 oz and 21 1/2 inches! Everyone is doing fine. He has a heart arythmia he has had the entire pregnancy. They are monitoring till he's 4-6 weeks before sending to cardiologist.

Now to vacation planning!
Which park would you guys recommend for Father's Day? I'm struggling over that day. Don't want to start out on rides that are going to terrify 8yr old DGD, still thinking either Sea World or Animal Kingdom just can't decide. Really hoping Toy Story Land is open when we are there. All the kids have seen videos of the Slinky Coaster and are excited for it! I have read several places to not go to MK on a Monday so thinking that will be a Tuesday and depending on Toy Story Land opening will make Epcot our last Disney park. I'm really thinking everyone will chose MK for our 2 day park, that's the way I'm going to plan it anyway!

Since we are staying off site going to order our Magic Bands this weekend and tickets in a couple of weeks.

Hope everyone is staying warm and getting all their plans like they want!

The title of your thread reminded me of a few years ago, when I saw "Sister Sledge" at the Epcot Eat to the Beat concerts. Yes, they sang "We are Family", but the next line when they sang it was "Disney is the place to be". It was their finale song, and they kept singing that over and over again, inviting people onstage to sing with them-

Toy Story Land should be open by the time you go. Sea World is awesome. It would be a really fun Father's day park.

Happy Nana here! Baby Greyson arrived! Son called after their dr appt. on Fri said we have to be at hospital @ 6pm tonight. I already had most of our clothes packed so we managed to get started on our 6+ hr drive around 7:00 with stops and having to slow down for icy/snowy roads we got to hospital around 3am. Had to do a c-section so Greyson Daniel arrived 12/30/17 @ 12:32pm weighing 8lbs 1 oz and 21 1/2 inches! Everyone is doing fine. He has a heart arythmia he has had the entire pregnancy. They are monitoring till he's 4-6 weeks before sending to cardiologist.

Now to vacation planning!
Which park would you guys recommend for Father's Day? I'm struggling over that day. Don't want to start out on rides that are going to terrify 8yr old DGD, still thinking either Sea World or Animal Kingdom just can't decide. Really hoping Toy Story Land is open when we are there. All the kids have seen videos of the Slinky Coaster and are excited for it! I have read several places to not go to MK on a Monday so thinking that will be a Tuesday and depending on Toy Story Land opening will make Epcot our last Disney park. I'm really thinking everyone will chose MK for our 2 day park, that's the way I'm going to plan it anyway!

Since we are staying off site going to order our Magic Bands this weekend and tickets in a couple of weeks.

Hope everyone is staying warm and getting all their plans like they want!
Congrats

Wow, we leave in 136 days! Really have to get with it!

Condo is booked, deposit paid

MagicBands have been delivered

Ordering tickets soon.

We are doing Sea World Sunday, June 17th for Father's day. Getting the all day dining and the express ride pass.

Going to the Medevial Times Dinner Show , June 25 for husband's birthday.

Other than that no idea what/when we are doing anything else.

We are going to tye dye shirts to wear one day at the parks and thinking of doing a couple more.

party: :jumping1:

Wow, we leave in 136 days! Really have to get with it!

Condo is booked, deposit paid

MagicBands have been delivered

Ordering tickets soon.

We are doing Sea World Sunday, June 17th for Father's day. Getting the all day dining and the express ride pass.

Going to the Medevial Times Dinner Show , June 25 for husband's birthday.

Other than that no idea what/when we are doing anything else.

We are going to tye dye shirts to wear one day at the parks and thinking of doing a couple more.

party: :jumping1:
How did you get your magic bands so soon?

Don't know if anyone is following along or not but we only have 113 days till we leave on vacation!!!:yay::cool1::banana:

We spent this past weekend in Illinois visiting son, DIL and grandbaby! He is now 7 weeks old and growing like a weed!

We ordered all our tickets from Undercover Tourist on Saturday, Feb 10th before the price increase! We received them on Thursday, Feb 15th before we left town!:donald::goofy:

I just linked our Disney ones to our MDE account and will do stepson's family this weekend when they come over!

We bought a new Ford Explorer about a month ago so waiting on DH to decide if we will drive it or keep rental car reservation. We will be driving from TN. still haven't decided if we are leaving at night on June 14th or really early 4am or so on the 15th. We have to make arrangements to pick DGD up in FL. since she will already be there with her mom and future stepdad.

Since we had to select a day for Sea World when we purchased the express pass we are definitely going on Sunday, June 17th for Father's day! We also bought the all day dining so DH & DS can eat once an hour if they want for their Father's day!

I had thought about AK on Monday, 18th but it has EMH so that's out. I've heard so many people say that the crowd calendars have been off so much so far this year I may just pick a park that doesn't have early hours and go!

We are all disappointed that Toy Story Land isn't opening till June 30th, the day we leave. :snooty::sad1::worried:. We can't change dates since DS already has dates from work approved.

Still lots of school things to take place before vacation (STEM Expo, Chattanooga field trip, 5th grade graduation and others). We are going to work on our daily plans some this weekend. Going to have the girls give me a list if they want to meet any characters. I know 8 yr old wants Minnie and one 10 yr old wants Ariel other than that who knows. I've never went/planned with girls, only boys and they never wanted to meet anyone. With only being able to book Fast Passes 30 days out I don't expect us to manage any good ones but we shall see!

Hope everyone has a great week!
party:

94 days to go!!!!

We just got $60 knocked off of the condo price for agreeing to be out by 10am (which was time in contract anyway) on June 30th. She has it rented starting July 1 and wants to give housekeeper time to get it ready. I told her with a 12 hr drive we would be out early that morning but she took $60 off invoice anyway! :donald:

Still struggling over which parks/which day but I am making progress! Our DS & DIL that are going have decided they do not want to do any ADR's so I am completely good with that!

I'm trying to get our game plan together for MK and AK days since I'm not expecting a 7DM or FoP fast pass at 30 days out to be available. Not worried about HS since Toy Story Land won't open till June 30 and none of the kids want to ride RnR. Hopefully TSM will be open and fastpasses available.

Bought DS11 some new summer clothes including swimwear this weekend. I have started each of our packing list including our general whatever bag list. Hoping ex DIL packs well for DGD!

DS, DIL and baby DGS are coming to visit this weekend and DS11 is also bowling in a tournament so I'm going to be busy! So many family members want to come meet baby Greyson that my house maybe running over!

Happy planning everyone! pixiedust:

Just saw where Disney is going to charge for resort guest parking! We have never stayed onsite, I could never justify the cost to my husband who does not like going to theme parks.

I just checked to see what our June trip would cost on site total. 2 adults 11yr old & 10 yr old
All Star Music standard room 14 nights, 5 day base tickets, memory maker, and parking $4486.38 with QS meal plan $7426.02!

We have already booked and paid for 4 bedroom, 2 bath condo, 5 day Disney base tickets, memory maker, 1 day Universal Park to Park, 1 day Sea World with all day dining and express pass, Medieval Dinner Show, All day deep sea fishing and parking for all the above for total cost of $5125.30. Actually since we are only paying half of the condo it would be $4325.30 total! It keeps going down forgot we got $60 knocked off condo so it is $4292.30. DS & DIL's expenses will be little cheaper since they are paying for 2 kids tickets on everything.:dogdance::yay:

There is no way DH would agree to stay on site!

Last edited:
Is anyone out there???

With only 79 days to go there is not a lot of vacation planning going on right now! My check list:

DONE:
Transportation: DH says we will drive a rental car since we have 3 free days in points. It is already reserved, pick up @ 5pm on Wednesday, June 13th.

Lodging: Condo is completely paid, have directions, entrance codes to complex and condo!

Tickets: All tickets are purchased except deep sea fishing and anything else we may decide to do after we get there. Disney tickets/magic bands already connected on My Disney Experience. Memory Maker purchased and connected.

Sea World tickets, express pass and all day dining are printed.

TO DO:

Decide which parks/ activities each day. Disney fast passes @ 30 days out

Medieval Dinner Show reservations to make June 1st.

More shopping for DS clothes, maybe for myself too :P

Finish getting small items for all 4 kids birthday bags -2 have already had their birthdays, one in April and one in June but all 4 are getting travel birthday bags from us when they leave. Each has a $25 Disney gift card (Ariel, Spiderman, Minnie Mouse and Cinderella's castle so they will know which one is theirs). A coloring poster of the same characters I just mentioned. Travel Connect 4 and Sorry games. Going to get them each mini fans they can hang on their neck. Not sure what else. Have glow in dark glasses, bracelets and necklaces to take into parks.

Waiting to see if DS has to work that Thursday, June 14th and what hours. DH & I are taking off so depending on his schedule we may leave that day, drive a new direction for us to pick DGD up at St. Simons, GA. I have found a couple of hotels for us to stay at Thursday night, pick her up Friday morning and finish our drive to Legacy Dunes condo! Really hoping we can do this!! :drive::car:

Can't believe how close we are getting!!!

Hope everyone's plans are going great!

HAPPY EASTER! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter