We. Are. CHUNKY! DISBoards Epic Girls Trip May 2019 THE END! Epilogue: Dream Cruise, Club 33 and a new TR!

What fantastic service that Disney comped Mary a new dress! I love that!

What a fun evening and a beautiful, thoughtful gift! Disers are the best!

You lucky Epic ladies! It looks like a wonderful time at Disneyland! How fun to do a VIP tour on the west coast now! The dinner at Club 33 looks amazing! (I have seen some pictures from the other ladies).

I wish we were all getting together at Ohana’s tonight! Such fun memories!

I was totally in awe that you were able to have an EPIC west coast tour AND the Club 33 fun!!!! Talk about pixie dust!!!

Love Love Love the 'Ohana udpate. That was really such a fun night, and I enjoyed all of the company immensely! @Chrystmasangel is so incredibly talented. Those quilts were amazing!

We went through security fairly quickly and soon we were on our way. It took a few tries to get a pictures in front of the ball without anyone in it.

I love how you are completely framed in that butterfly with the flower on your head!

OMG I could not believe Jenn made them, and for us!!! I teared up with I saw them, they are the most special gifts ever!

Those are amazing! I too can not sew, so I am also in awe of people who can make things like that.

I tried to get us to turn for a group picture that Steve was trying to selfie with his hand. It was hard to do that across 3 tables. Many were like this:

He did a pretty good job there!

Finally our server took pity on us and took the picture for us:

That is a better picture. :rotfl:

There was one incident during dinner though...Mary had the syrup from the bread pudding accidentally dripped on her. I'm sure some of us thought of just licking her clean, hahaha but it basically got all over her dress, down her back, it was bad. Our server told her that they would be paying for the dry cleaning of her dress, and that she could go downstairs to the gift shop and PICK OUT ANY DRESS SHOPPE DRESS to wear right then. What amazing customer service. Next time I'm there I am going to slather myself in syrup and see if they will compensate me with a new dress too. You think that will work? :rotfl:

That is an amazing bit of customer service. However, I'm not sure how many times it would work! :lmao:

Look at this Chunky Ohana!! We look sooo happy!

That is a happy bunch of people!

Here's a pic of all of us at WL that evening, minus a few who had left earlier. We had a great time catching up over drinks, although Steve got some mosquito bites and had to go find repellent and some benedryl anti-itch from the store!

Yikes, I bring that stuff in my suitcase cause mosquitoes love Fran.

Side note, in California I was the one who got bit all over and Steve only got bit once! Arrgh.

They never seem to like me. And now I'm having deja vu that we had this conversation over the course of our West Coast Epic meet! :rotfl:

BTW I stole that picture from BTMRR to use on my Bonus Features!

What a fun filled evening . That quilt - all I got is wow . So thoughtful .

Still can’t believe VIP tours on both coasts . Lucky !!

Also include were little magnet clips in matching colors plus our logo on it, they are so cute! But the piece de resistance were these amazing, amazing handmade quilts that she gave to Lesley and I with pictures of us and the various DISmeets we've had over the years printed on fabric and sewn into the quilt itself. OMG I could not believe Jenn made them, and for us!!! I teared up with I saw them, they are the most special gifts ever!

That is seriously the coolest gift ever! Something unique that I'm sure will be treasured and a great memory. Wow!!

Finally our server took pity on us and took the picture for us:

Love the pic!! I'm still in awe that you all managed to get so many DIS'ers together and do so many fun things together. How amazing! I do hope one day to be a part of something like this, but in the mean time...seeing all of you and living vicariously through TR's will have to do!! I can't imagine the servers at O'hana with such a group of you lol and amazing about the dress that Mary got!!

We didn't do any other rides but we did get a few pics beginning with Bubble Gum wall! This is my one and only good picture in front of that wall.
Good thing you did, because it will be going away soon.

Steve is finally learning how to take decent pictures! However it did come with a few outtakes like this:
:rotfl2: I have very similar ones from my DH.

Here we are dressed in our Hawaii finest. Steve had his Stitch Hawaiian shirt and I had my Hawaiian dress with pictures of hula Mickey and Minnie.
I love your dress.

Our group that night was huge, about 30 people, so we took up around 3 large tables in the middle of the restaurant. We were so lively and fun, I wish all my Ohana meals were like that!
Oh my gosh, how fun!

Jenn came around and gave everyone a goodie bag! Inside were these awesome ears that she made. It was her first attempt at ears and I would not have known, they are so well made and they are so cute with our logo and colors and everything!!! :eek: Soo amazing!
Those ears are awesome, definitely don't look like it was from a first timer.

We went back upstairs to the security line for the monorail but suddenly there was commotion and we realized that Liesa's mom had fainted! She was laying on the ground and was definitely conscious but very woozy. They had called the paramedics and were waiting for them. We were all very concerned but didn't know what we could do but we're lucky to have 4 nurses in our group, including Liesa herself, so we knew mom was in good hands. Turns out she was just merely dehydrated and needed some rest (she did just arrive that day). Needless to say, Liesa and her mom headed back for some much needed RnR! Good thing they were close by, in the GF! (Liesa was upgraded from CSR to GF as you've read in her TR).
Wow, how scary, glad she was okay.

Back at the Swan I laid out the amazing quilt on the bed. It is so beautiful, I can't imagine the amount of work that went into this. I also don't sew so anything that has to do with sewing I am in awe at.
That quilt is amazing!

Oh my goodness, what an amazing Disneyland trip! I can’t believe you got to do another VIP tour (I need to start making me some cool friends like yours!!) You must have had the most wonderful time! That Club 33 dessert looked pretty sublime.

Your bubblegum wall outtake is pretty funny, I have to say. But the other one was a keeper! And you looked adorable in your Spaceship Earth pic as well :lovestruc

I love Su-Queen’s Moana dress!! It looks sweet, and perfectly themed. And you and Steve were perfectly dressed for the Poly, too!

Your meal seemed so wonderful, such a great opportunity for friends to get to know each other over great food. I’m envious that I missed it. The gifts everyone shared were so thoughtful! Liesa’s photography is stellar, so I’m sure the cards she shared were beautiful. So thoughtful of Doc to make his famous cheesecake! And I’m still in absolute awe over the amazing quilts Jenn made you! (Her ears are also amazing! I’m so impressed by them, and also to Melinda for shipping me a pair so I could feel like part of the crew.)

So scary about Liesa’s mom. (Especially for Liesa, I’m sure!) I was so glad to hear that she was okay. What are the chances that so many nurses would all be in one group together!?

I just got back from a wonderful 2 week vacation to Singapore
Glad you enjoyed your trip. I miss Singapore. I really enjoyed my stop overs there when I used to work overseas.

Yay for another VIP Tour! I have never been to Disneyland but I would love to go one day.

What a great night at 'Ohana. So nice seeing everyone together, and what a great collection of gifts that everyone brought for the group.

No need for explanations here! Go as often as you can and I'm glad you two had a great trip!

Thank you!!! That's what I say! LOL

I'm so happy for you and Steve Su-Lynn! How amazing!

Thank you!! It was an awesome two-part trip! :)

Su-Lynn, that's awesome!!! I'm so excited for you that you get to preview Galaxy's Edge TWICE (and I guess see it three times with your trip to Disneyland!). Have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

Thank you! I knew my DISboard friends would be happy for me!!

Thankfully most people know better than to say that to me! :laughing: In fact, most people (especially since having my daughter) say, "So, when are you taking her to Disney World?!" Smart people! :thumbsup2

And @pkondz that's an excellent point! MANY people go on the "same vacation" every year or every other year, whether that be a beach trip, camping, or something else. The fact that my "same vacation" involves rides, great food, magic, and sunshine just may make my vacation a smidge more awesome than yours! ;)

Right? It's always the random co-worker or person you doesn't "know" you who would make those comments.

I agree, people go to the same place every year, same beach house, same summer home...so how is this any different? Except ours is magical of course!
We have to make use of that AP and our DVC anyways! So it's actually more budget-friendly to go to Disney!

Welcome home, for 4 days haha!

So jel your going this weekend! Not sure what preview you're going to but I’m 100% jel!!! We will be there this weekend too! I’ll hopefully see it in October, but I loved everyone’s pics and can’t wait to see more!
Thank you!! Hop you get to see it soon! It's amazing!

Ugh, forget the haterz, they only bring us down.

True! I don't even think about them.
Dang those PTO limits!!

I loved following your preview trip on Insta and I can't wait to see more of it! You work hard and you deserve to use your time and money how you see fit, and if that means two Disney weekends in a row then YOU GO FOR IT!! The people making rude comments are honestly probably just jealous that they aren't as cool as you.
Thank you!! I knew my DISBoard friends would absolutely understand! When you can go, you GO!
Haha, those people making the comments just have not experienced the magic. And when you try and explain it to them, they get even more mid-boggled. I guess they are never going to Disney.
That’s awesome you get to go back. Whirlwind but so worth it
It was a crazy turnaround but it was absolutely worth it!
WOW! So awesome that you are going right back! Have a blast!
Thank you!!
So exciting that you get to go back again this weekend! Have fun!!!
Thank you!
Holy moly
You are returning so soon

Awesome!!
Yup...it was like deja vu but it was even better this time around!
I loved your pics on FB and that dress!! I can't imagine how fun to be at a preview with a bunch of other AP peeps, that is a big perk to the AP I think! But I'm exhausted just reading about all your trips!!!
Thank you!
Yeah I was pretty exhausted after all the trips! I wish they were more spread out but hey, you do what you gotta do!
I was wondering about that and when you would run out of vacay time..I guess that answers that!! With you guys being able to jump on a plane so easily it doesn't seem as big a deal to go down for a weekend!! For us with customs and all that, it just adds so much extra hassle...I think that's what stops me from doing more short trips!
I have my vacation planned out for most of the year already so I didn't have many days off for the random one-off trips.
Yeah for you guys since you are considered "International" it must be more of a hassle.
I would totally go again if I could! DH and I spent 6 hours in the land and we still didn't see and do everything we wanted so I totally get it! Especially because we all know these shorts waits and access to the land won't happen again for a longgg time!
There was so much to see! I'm so happy we were able to preview it for a 2nd time. Also in Disneyland we got to see a lot of stuff too - the lands are pretty much identical, just maybe the entrances seem less vast in Disneyland.
So glad you and Steve enjoyed your first time exploring GE! And wow, so exciting about going again this weekend! Have another great trip! :flower:
Thank you! We sure did!
I didn’t realize you came home and went back! I thought you had been there all this time! Have fun!
Haha, that be ideal if I didn't have to come back! LOL
Thank you!

Glad you had a blast in DL!

Sounds like a nice time in Epcot!

Love the outfits for Ohana! What an amazing experience going with such a big group of people!

Those quilts are lovely, so sweet!

Capping off the night at WL sounded so fun!

Welcome back from your trip!!!! All of your food pictures made me so hungry the whole time you were in Singapore!

-Tg7zclynKrxRqsh299BWLR9zO54p7EBsfiwF_1_VNkvP7l3PNR9MWGB1Y1u4hZGhLqSYSlKhkVF616VsnRfn3OmzsHnIVscuOkmMLDsepNLqtzCzgVo24D1JT8w1pOPSK8_YhKXVWcvKqfyr_X9kNc48qG2yOZfrGNN3f-apPtVD7yRfASEzmbaAO3aAGGEvgkkH3DlXDcd2JTJgW8IF_mv3EYP6-l0spO9Q8q7eDfAG1EH2u7efiXdNYjsgRYnk_3ehswJCpzdJ9-QhHfH_TnqimNvQ7By4FNqHQAM6xnX3l6lvY11Dg5GPYqyQlBlnZQZvQzxP4Si7w3IvmPrt2Z56BR90_WlUtTmSV-6qWvhfwxr38RSTu2AcsGzQi3gIkyPsnBBTzhFjJPtnp0c4f52LtRn-_MxdeORcUzrq0aIS02cKFDPMBzSDkDs0U8q_ok49hDnuLqjKWbUJ3KgcTjpgYqM-VdVYyrA1HF_puufog2vpdqGEZQiH9QoA2ZtjjtBCLkEeWZuRRE4tKHYZ0P1Ta5aV75dGbNVuYMOqrr21s-QBsaCOhkLRUocsJwF-bvvA0ln3g1O07WZNfhnczl3OhLr0DcmvCfKEbHc5WPOgwXLMLCvboHkNmm2oxKnHGTWPM4OyZ21cLTQfVMT4K5m3tU-e2OICTVZ504D_gCgGfJIGLsEg9wj=w750-h500-no
Steve is kind of blocking Minnie... I think he is trying the steal her thunder!

Lesley made fun of me when I said don't pour the sauce on it, so that everyone can customize the amount of sauce on their piece. ( I feel like I'm turning into Sally from When Har
But very considerate of everyone!

he could go downstairs to the gift shop and PICK OUT ANY DRESS SHOPPE DRESS to wear right then. What amazing customer service. Next time I'm there I am going to slather myself in syrup and see if they will compensate me with a new dress too. You think that will work? :rotfl:
Ha! There has to be a movie where something like that happened. I just can't think of what it is.

I saw on FB that you and Steve checked into CBR (at least that's what I think I saw), and I was like....."weren't they there last week?" :scratchin'
Haha you and everyone else too!
I get that. There aren't too many people I even bother to tell about where we are going. However, I do remember at one of the Band Conferences a couple friends of ours (also FB friends) asked, "How many times a month do you go to Disneyland?"

I actually answered her, "We didn't go at all last month. We were at Disneyworld for 10 days!" :lmao:
Hehe, surprise!!
I think people at work are used to it though, they don't even ask where I'm going anymore!
I guess both you and Su-Lynn work in professions where there are grown ups. Besides our tenants the only people we see are our friends in band. Did you ever hear this one?

"Daddy," the trombone player said to his father, "I want to be a musician when I grow up."

His Father replied, "Son, you can't do both."
I know, it's so hard to act like a grown up adult when you're really a princess!! LOL
Seriously. These people go camping every. single. year. They go to the beach house all. the. time. Do I spout off... "again?!".

EXACTLY!!!!
Haha ok that explains the instagram posts from there right now :rotfl2: LOVE it, so glad you get the opportunity to go back so quickly, that's amazing!!!
Thank you!!
Hi, Su-Lynn! I can't believe I allowed myself to fall almost 15 pages behind here LOL Inexcusable!

But, I'm back :) and all caught up again (for now!)

SO much fun reliving the Epicness of our May trip!! Sounds like you're really enjoying and getting the most out of AP previews at SWGE. Jimmy is getting excited to finally see it on our trip in December. I was able to grab a reservation for Oga's (for a party of 2), as I mentioned on FB, so really hoping it won't be an issue for all 3 of us to get in.
Hi Jackie! I miss you! I miss everyone! I am so excited about our trip in Dec! Although I had to cut it short...we now have to fly in on NYE itself...long story but it's a good one, I promise!
Travel safe the next few weeks!
Thanks!
Dinner looks like so much fun!! Love your outfits and the Queen!
Thank you! We LOVED dinner here!
That is going to be amazing!!
It was!
Hope everything goes well in Singapore. I am sure you will do a beautiful job with the speech.
Thank you, we had a wonderful event, it was so nice to see all our relatives and friends gathered together!
Love this outfit!
Thank you!
Go Steve!!!
OMG right?
You guys know how to live life! If it wasn't so expensive for flights here, I would do that in a heartbeat!
If it wasn't Star Wars...then I wouldn't do it either! LOL
Have a safe trip Su-Lynn! I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm so happy you had such an awesome experience at SWGE!!!!
Thank you Jenny!!
So sad we could never catch up with you all but glad to hear you had such a great time not once but twice :earboy2: Can't wait to hear all about DL
Boo, where is my Chunkylush time? Hope it will be soon!
Just running around on the Boards catching up and as you... this is my last post... BEFORE I SEE YOU!!!! YAY!! Less than a week now!
I miss you Liesa!! :love:
I can only hope when we "sneak" over to GE in a couple weeks we have as low crowds as you did! So great meeting up with you again and getting to meet Steve as well! Between you and your sister I want to go to Singapore and EAT all the food :rotfl2:. Safe travels and hope to "see ya real soon"!
Did you get to see it?
OMG Singapore was so amazing I miss it so much, I just want to go there and eat!
That is just so cool that you got SR all to yourselves...what a blast!! I've been seeing your food posts from Singapore...yum!! Can't wait to hear more!
I know, it was such a great preview! All previews should be like that, LOL!

I'm so happy you both had another great time at GE!

I have really been enjoying your Insta-stories and posts from Singapore - I will be sure to follow along for the Disneyland posts as well.

And then of course, I can't wait to hear all the details about everything once you come back!
Thank you! I had a fantastic time on ALL my trips!!
I'm caught up again, and so pleased for you guys that you could get so much Galaxy's Edge time in before it opened! (I'm also very happy that it meant we got to hang out at WDW!) I hope you had an excellent Singapore/California trip, and look forward to hearing all about your most recent Disney adventures when you get home.
YES!! It was so great to see the both of you again! I definitely must get started on my summer TRs!
I am glad you did, cause we got to see each other!
:) :) :)
LUCKY!!!!!

I am sure you are having / had a great trip! All of the food you ate looked amazing!
I did, thank you!!!
What a fun night! That quilt is definitely awesome!!
It was the most amazing thing. I can't believe she made them for us!!
I hope these boots make it through the renovations. Maybe we need a petition? #KEEPTHEBOOTS
We do! I'll sign it 100x!!!
I think Steve and my DH maybe learned from the same people 😅
THE SCHOOL FOR BOYS!! "Photography 101: Do not take picture when subject is smiling and looks normal. Incorporate weird angles. The more unflattering, the better."
Ah the perfect outfits! And such good photos, too.
Thanks!!
I remember reading this in Lesley's report but oh man this is so special!
Right? Sooooo amazed!
Wow that's even extra extra Disney magic!
I know!!
What fantastic service that Disney comped Mary a new dress! I love that!

What a fun evening and a beautiful, thoughtful gift! Disers are the best!
They really are!!! It was such a fun day/night!
You lucky Epic ladies! It looks like a wonderful time at Disneyland! How fun to do a VIP tour on the west coast now! The dinner at Club 33 looks amazing! (I have seen some pictures from the other ladies).

I wish we were all getting together at Ohana’s tonight! Such fun memories!
It was an amazing time! I think we definitely need to do a west-coast version of Epic Trip!
I miss my Ohana at Ohana! Such good times!

I was totally in awe that you were able to have an EPIC west coast tour AND the Club 33 fun!!!! Talk about pixie dust!!!

Love Love Love the 'Ohana udpate. That was really such a fun night, and I enjoyed all of the company immensely! @Chrystmasangel is so incredibly talented. Those quilts were amazing!
I've had amazing pixie dust on these past trips! I'm so incredibly honored when people on the DIS reach out to me.
I miss our Ohana dinner, it was so much fun! And my quit is such a treasure!!
I love how you are completely framed in that butterfly with the flower on your head!
That was the idea!
Those are amazing! I too can not sew, so I am also in awe of people who can make things like that.
Right? I am all thumbs and and can barely sew a button.
That is an amazing bit of customer service. However, I'm not sure how many times it would work! :lmao:
I guess I will only know if I...try!! Hahahaha.
That is a happy bunch of people!
Just like us in Disneyland!
Yikes, I bring that stuff in my suitcase cause mosquitoes love Fran.
I went through a week in Singapore which is a tropical island and did not get bit and ended up in Hemet California getting bit a lot! #freshmeat
They never seem to like me. And now I'm having deja vu that we had this conversation over the course of our West Coast Epic meet! :rotfl:

BTW I stole that picture from BTMRR to use on my Bonus Features!
I'm pretty sure we did have this conversation because I was probably nursing my bites!
Go ahead! I do have more just have to get around to posting them but you can also look on FB!
What a fun filled evening . That quilt - all I got is wow . So thoughtful .

Still can’t believe VIP tours on both coasts . Lucky !!
I'm seriously amazed at how sweet and generous my Disney friends are!! Not like it's surprising, Disney lovers are the best people!
That is seriously the coolest gift ever! Something unique that I'm sure will be treasured and a great memory. Wow!!
Definitely!! Such a beautiful gift!
Love the pic!! I'm still in awe that you all managed to get so many DIS'ers together and do so many fun things together. How amazing! I do hope one day to be a part of something like this, but in the mean time...seeing all of you and living vicariously through TR's will have to do!! I can't imagine the servers at O'hana with such a group of you lol and amazing about the dress that Mary got!!
It was a bit of effort but really, nothing that I wouldn't have done on my own, and I would do it all over again I had so much fun!!! LOVE my Disney friends!!!

It's been so much fun reading about that epic O'hana's dinner from various attendees. One thing seems to be constant...a ton of fun was had by all!
Those quilts are beautiful and quite creative. Such a nice gift!

Seeing HEA and the water pageant on a boat to the WL sounds amazing. What a magical way to close out the day. :goodvibes

I saw your pictures about your second VIP Tour and your meal in Club 33 - you're having some amazing vacations this year!

The 'Ohana dinner looks like SO much fun! The ears you received are amazing (that was seriously the first time she'd made ears?!) and the quilt is such a special keepsake.

Good thing you did, because it will be going away soon.
Boo, oh well, I'm sure they will find a way to incorporate some new trending wall design!

:rotfl2: I have very similar ones from my DH.
Haha I think that's a requisite to be a husband.
I love your dress.
Thank you! I got it from Her Universe!
Those ears are awesome, definitely don't look like it was from a first timer.
Right? I was stunned when she said she's never made them before! Also she put thought into how they would withstand the rain and wind of summers in Florida!!
Wow, how scary, glad she was okay.
Real scary for a moment but she was definitely in good hands!
That quilt is amazing!
It truly is!
Oh my goodness, what an amazing Disneyland trip! I can’t believe you got to do another VIP tour (I need to start making me some cool friends like yours!!) You must have had the most wonderful time! That Club 33 dessert looked pretty sublime.
I was so amazed at how much pixie dust we've had this year at WDW and now at Disneyland...all I can say is WOW, Thank you DISBoards!!
Your bubblegum wall outtake is pretty funny, I have to say. But the other one was a keeper! And you looked adorable in your Spaceship Earth pic as well :lovestruc
Thank you!! Definitely was the best out of a whole lot of pictures taken!
I love Su-Queen’s Moana dress!! It looks sweet, and perfectly themed. And you and Steve were perfectly dressed for the Poly, too!
Thank you! We tried! :)
Your meal seemed so wonderful, such a great opportunity for friends to get to know each other over great food. I’m envious that I missed it. The gifts everyone shared were so thoughtful! Liesa’s photography is stellar, so I’m sure the cards she shared were beautiful. So thoughtful of Doc to make his famous cheesecake! And I’m still in absolute awe over the amazing quilts Jenn made you! (Her ears are also amazing! I’m so impressed by them, and also to Melinda for shipping me a pair so I could feel like part of the crew.)
That is so sweet of Melinda to ship them to you I wish I could have thought of that!!
That dinner was so fun and amazing to see us all come together in the first big group meal - we had such a blast!
So scary about Liesa’s mom. (Especially for Liesa, I’m sure!) I was so glad to hear that she was okay. What are the chances that so many nurses would all be in one group together!?
It was a huge relief when we realized she would be ok.
Right? Super cool to have 4 nurses in the group!
Glad you enjoyed your trip. I miss Singapore. I really enjoyed my stop overs there when I used to work overseas.
Thanks! I really miss it now too. I miss the non-stop eating, LOL
Yay for another VIP Tour! I have never been to Disneyland but I would love to go one day.
It's soooo awesome, I just love it there!
What a great night at 'Ohana. So nice seeing everyone together, and what a great collection of gifts that everyone brought for the group.
It was such an amazing night!!
Glad you had a blast in DL!
Thank you!!
Sounds like a nice time in Epcot!

Love the outfits for Ohana! What an amazing experience going with such a big group of people!
It was such an amazing day topped off by an amazing dinner!
Those quilts are lovely, so sweet!
That quilt is so beautifully made, I am still in awe!

Welcome back from your trip!!!! All of your food pictures made me so hungry the whole time you were in Singapore!
Thank you!! I'm still hungry for more!
Steve is kind of blocking Minnie... I think he is trying the steal her thunder!
As usual, LOL!
But very considerate of everyone!
Right? That's what I thought!
Ha! There has to be a movie where something like that happened. I just can't think of what it is.
Haha I'm sure there was a movie of this moment, but the girl probably did it deliberately!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter