We. Are. CHUNKY! DISBoards Epic Girls Trip May 2019 THE END! Epilogue: Dream Cruise, Club 33 and a new TR!

Just wanted to let everyone know....

Chunky, We're Home!!!
(That's a future trip report title, LOL!!)

zfzG9c9nLAve_5yeciJcY_lMmSkKTjBduEOMhZmwgB2-Rx5ussMShIDXvMMpI4pA2NxV6BqzsrRfE3tnnyuzFwX4gHSFvM0TGUGSfu-W5sKyMyHo2VKHanxBujWfUl1Im3I_cdiLfC8VCUgNPFHrKGHOubKToHO_tjlwuBzt4t1aTA6CKJyOLj1dd82nicesoJDvriTUHGxCYXV7COy9tBw7IA3n5158hd4csEq7Vr0qVZHgFQx6zw36_U0n4rBP26-zkL3FrnqzCLWxq5HVN9uT_IO_GfpCV9UEYqw84chP9F2QUOoJ5fmvRC8lGnTc-rPMjBrS_uMtGrFo5aFDFNomXMLrFX_YozsYlHbZ_a9cuacC75NQ7_GKCG8F-qEYszOaSElNHz4RKg4-aGBH28td7VzJr5J4AfE4zdIdL1dnqgOaBfShOymIW7N0P-AEf9h8CGk8NsGf3rT6xHrVHPqErb4jkdo9wWyAo5bWRxO-0EQsHuM0N0c6nuqwr6ap5nywPkgqDuQrQ8Vl3yFS__avPddCLIGpVCskMLDUE3crZmCWJPnOV53V8PtwKZ8KPyu-5pe3BGz3u2Jy55XkLCqfrqV2wJ70rrKZuCxw1c18uStdNIMwDv8-Oatvd26AmE2rlYznnJK6CYvHCtYwIXaXEho2OWht=w846-h564-no

We just got back from our very short weekend trip to WDW for the AP previews of Galaxy's Edge!
It was amazing. It was so surreal to be there. The Millenium Falcon was breathtaking and my jaw just dropped upon first seeing it. We loved riding Smuggler's Run and how interactive it is! We rode it 3x! There's so much detail in the new land and I'm excited to discover new things on each visit.

Oga's Cantina is exactly the wretched hive of scum and villainy that you'd expect. The drinks were fun and I ended up with a 30 dollar souvenir cup (when in Batuu...) :rotfl: We tried a Ronto Roaster, which was pretty good, and we had a few snacks in Oga's too.

I'm ready to do it all over again!
Which is happening a lot sooner than expected!
Will be heading back as guests of another Galaxy's Edge preview this weekend.
Yes, we just got back last night (crazy late too, zzzzzzz), but we're turning around and going back to Disney World on Friday night!

WHAT?!?!

Yes, we're a little crazy, but as huge Star Wars fans, we just couldn't pass up the opportunity to preview the land again in it's pristine condition!
And ride Smuggler's Run another 3x in a row.
I didn't really tell anyone in my "real life" that we're going to Disney yet again this weekend, I guess I just didn't want to deal with the slew of "You're going again?" comments, and this time I know it will be ten-fold considering it's been less than a week since our last trip!

But I know that my DISboard friends will understand...right?
(This is me just trying to justify making crazy Dis-cisions). <--you like what I did there too, right? :laughing:

I would have just stayed the week but work commitments and the fact that I've literally run out of vacation days this year put a damper to that!

Two days after we get home from our 2nd trip I have to leave for my two-week trip to Singapore and California.
No pressure to get everything done, of course, plus I'm working for those two days I'm back. :rotfl:

So, see ya real soon (again) Galaxy's Edge, can't wait for round 2!

Chunky, We're Home!!!
Welcome back! So glad to hear you guys had a great time! :)
Whaaattt???? No way!
I didn't really tell anyone in my "real life" that we're going to Disney yet again this weekend, I guess I just didn't want to deal with the slew of "You're going again?"
That annoys me soooo much.

"What? You're going to Disney again? What do you do there? Isn't that for kids? Anyways, I'm going to the beach for the 10th time this summer to sit around and do nothing but encourage melanoma to grow."

Su-Lynn, that's awesome!!! I'm so excited for you that you get to preview Galaxy's Edge TWICE (and I guess see it three times with your trip to Disneyland!). Have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

I didn't really tell anyone in my "real life" that we're going to Disney yet again this weekend, I guess I just didn't want to deal with the slew of "You're going again?" comments
That annoys me soooo much.

"What? You're going to Disney again? What do you do there? Isn't that for kids? Anyways, I'm going to the beach for the 10th time this summer to sit around and do nothing but encourage melanoma to grow."

Thankfully most people know better than to say that to me! :laughing: In fact, most people (especially since having my daughter) say, "So, when are you taking her to Disney World?!" Smart people! :thumbsup2

And @pkondz that's an excellent point! MANY people go on the "same vacation" every year or every other year, whether that be a beach trip, camping, or something else. The fact that my "same vacation" involves rides, great food, magic, and sunshine just may make my vacation a smidge more awesome than yours! ;)

And @pkondz that's an excellent point! MANY people go on the "same vacation" every year or every other year, whether that be a beach trip, camping, or something else. The fact that my "same vacation" involves rides, great food, magic, and sunshine just may make my vacation a smidge more awesome than yours! ;)
:thumbsup2

Welcome home, for 4 days haha!

So jel your going this weekend! Not sure what preview you're going to but I’m 100% jel!!! We will be there this weekend too! I’ll hopefully see it in October, but I loved everyone’s pics and can’t wait to see more!

Last edited:

Yes, we just got back last night (crazy late too, zzzzzzz), but we're turning around and going back to Disney World on Friday night!

WHAT?!?!

Yes, we're a little crazy, but as huge Star Wars fans, we just couldn't pass up the opportunity to preview the land again in it's pristine condition!
YES I love it!!

I didn't really tell anyone in my "real life" that we're going to Disney yet again this weekend, I guess I just didn't want to deal with the slew of "You're going again?" comments, and this time I know it will be ten-fold considering it's been less than a week since our last trip!
Ugh, forget the haterz, they only bring us down.

EXACTLY!

and the fact that I've literally run out of vacation days this year
Dang those PTO limits!!

I loved following your preview trip on Insta and I can't wait to see more of it! You work hard and you deserve to use your time and money how you see fit, and if that means two Disney weekends in a row then YOU GO FOR IT!! The people making rude comments are honestly probably just jealous that they aren't as cool as you.

Just wanted to let everyone know....

Chunky, We're Home!!!
(That's a future trip report title, LOL!!)

zfzG9c9nLAve_5yeciJcY_lMmSkKTjBduEOMhZmwgB2-Rx5ussMShIDXvMMpI4pA2NxV6BqzsrRfE3tnnyuzFwX4gHSFvM0TGUGSfu-W5sKyMyHo2VKHanxBujWfUl1Im3I_cdiLfC8VCUgNPFHrKGHOubKToHO_tjlwuBzt4t1aTA6CKJyOLj1dd82nicesoJDvriTUHGxCYXV7COy9tBw7IA3n5158hd4csEq7Vr0qVZHgFQx6zw36_U0n4rBP26-zkL3FrnqzCLWxq5HVN9uT_IO_GfpCV9UEYqw84chP9F2QUOoJ5fmvRC8lGnTc-rPMjBrS_uMtGrFo5aFDFNomXMLrFX_YozsYlHbZ_a9cuacC75NQ7_GKCG8F-qEYszOaSElNHz4RKg4-aGBH28td7VzJr5J4AfE4zdIdL1dnqgOaBfShOymIW7N0P-AEf9h8CGk8NsGf3rT6xHrVHPqErb4jkdo9wWyAo5bWRxO-0EQsHuM0N0c6nuqwr6ap5nywPkgqDuQrQ8Vl3yFS__avPddCLIGpVCskMLDUE3crZmCWJPnOV53V8PtwKZ8KPyu-5pe3BGz3u2Jy55XkLCqfrqV2wJ70rrKZuCxw1c18uStdNIMwDv8-Oatvd26AmE2rlYznnJK6CYvHCtYwIXaXEho2OWht=w846-h564-no

We just got back from our very short weekend trip to WDW for the AP previews of Galaxy's Edge!
It was amazing. It was so surreal to be there. The Millenium Falcon was breathtaking and my jaw just dropped upon first seeing it. We loved riding Smuggler's Run and how interactive it is! We rode it 3x! There's so much detail in the new land and I'm excited to discover new things on each visit.

Oga's Cantina is exactly the wretched hive of scum and villainy that you'd expect. The drinks were fun and I ended up with a 30 dollar souvenir cup (when in Batuu...) :rotfl: We tried a Ronto Roaster, which was pretty good, and we had a few snacks in Oga's too.

WHAT?!?!

(This is me just trying to justify making crazy Dis-cisions). <--you like what I did there too, right? :laughing:

I would have just stayed the week but work commitments and the fact that I've literally run out of vacation days this year put a damper to that!

Two days after we get home from our 2nd trip I have to leave for my two-week trip to Singapore and California.
No pressure to get everything done, of course, plus I'm working for those two days I'm back. :rotfl:

So, see ya real soon (again) Galaxy's Edge, can't wait for round 2!

Holy moly
You are returning so soon

Awesome!!

I loved your pics on FB and that dress!! I can't imagine how fun to be at a preview with a bunch of other AP peeps, that is a big perk to the AP I think! But I'm exhausted just reading about all your trips!!!

I was wondering about that and when you would run out of vacay time..I guess that answers that!! With you guys being able to jump on a plane so easily it doesn't seem as big a deal to go down for a weekend!! For us with customs and all that, it just adds so much extra hassle...I think that's what stops me from doing more short trips!

I would totally go again if I could! DH and I spent 6 hours in the land and we still didn't see and do everything we wanted so I totally get it! Especially because we all know these shorts waits and access to the land won't happen again for a longgg time!

I cannot wait to see it all for the first time WITH YOU in Cali in a couple of weekends!! WOOT!!! Sooooooooooooooooooooooo stoked!! I'm doing the same... Cali Sat, Sun, Mon. , work T, W and Th, leave for Florida Friday. Crazy!! (Crazy good that is!)

I am so sick and tired of the comments too. Just shut up. I don't live outside of my means, it's a place I enjoy, and I don't say anything about where anyone else goes on vacation. :confused3

I saw on FB that you and Steve checked into CBR (at least that's what I think I saw), and I was like....."weren't they there last week?" :scratchin'

I get that. There aren't too many people I even bother to tell about where we are going. However, I do remember at one of the Band Conferences a couple friends of ours (also FB friends) asked, "How many times a month do you go to Disneyland?"

I actually answered her, "We didn't go at all last month. We were at Disneyworld for 10 days!" :lmao:

I am so sick and tired of the comments too. Just shut up. I don't live outside of my means, it's a place I enjoy, and I don't say anything about where anyone else goes on vacation. :confused3

I guess both you and Su-Lynn work in professions where there are grown ups. Besides our tenants the only people we see are our friends in band. Did you ever hear this one?

"Daddy," the trombone player said to his father, "I want to be a musician when I grow up."

His Father replied, "Son, you can't do both."

I guess both you and Su-Lynn work in professions where there are grown ups. Besides our tenants the only people we see are our friends in band. Did you ever hear this one?

"Daddy," the trombone player said to his father, "I want to be a musician when I grow up."

His Father replied, "Son, you can't do both."

LOL! I've not heard that one. But it's good!

Seriously. These people go camping every. single. year. They go to the beach house all. the. time. Do I spout off... "again?!".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter