We. Are. CHUNKY! DISBoards Epic Girls Trip May 2019 THE END! Epilogue: Dream Cruise, Club 33 and a new TR!

I don't think so...I think the monorail exits inside security. Maybe it is twice and I just didn't pay attention or didn't have a bag.
It's twice. Trust me. You do bag check to get on the monorail (Well... from the resorts). Then you get spat out at the TTC, change to the Epcot monorail and then get spat out again into the general population where you get in line to go through bag check again.

aVos2MATlkdObw5YmeuKxS04H9Fffuu4glF_wdMZ3Tqhpct30PeHT-Hgq2swYMBxCLytQcc2G_xhAaunw4E53prQfz_bVwPVJXx_aGaMZuttxWuIgLbpX0v6WM5wnqoNVZME41ROMNj1AZQW4pPZp2bGaUdPtg6ECq_kzTlqqR3etfnmNwIaHQuYHPcf9BR95Cwg4EbK4z6G7id-LyX7D5LGtFSm6AKTVbPP3J0ODFF9lhblnJ-dCp1XXpGax7rnvFB8BxnavlMfuipkvf32ZQJjcykuabzFdDcwCpJxch0AoEUyg4g5DQY1jXPYiF--j7lQjo-X6rgWpPj1C7pbYULHp_a5DcIsxVmftqSSL3IGu19E8GVelSsPurkYd7mqo0DjtbUDPXMZwzpQc7oUJHffr6xjqq95oIuaEx6ajdNKLE8S_T4VuhUxCE2T9sot41c-C5Ps2QU3OeTx_vWKg-6GFJg5wXZiWtAH7c_Uhx4x82ILlzOZxhk8wCwcNj8KQjCMkKbyOzs-jdlH4LdYJvyvqJNF4nJnu8vV7ZYCTr0TKSJquzOnbt0lJc1Mqo5c6V7102VMqUjVzB9M56czwxgfF4dM-xKyfcnJAoFPuox94K1p9Ns3WET9EMrHcrZb0z9_ozd_m61MXy5-kd0LCSlwkPCMN5l_=w800-h600-no

9uuKlBLiHBWk_lE15W177MezYa_vjl1M2-ErrOZ_xYnVHJLTk_-BuIsKm4ZLoXjItpvpy1rTAGa_VgrAg5cWRiRtguceqztbtrBd6dP25i6Errenq3kcNdHxAvjBG6waKMkePTcUBKaKv8FwwdYcbXp2unI2kZJTcguyzNVQvRbr6w0kCkxUazPCiWNFzbnrq15CmMW20vyCYQoVrJL-TWOc_TrmrccOOxDJCw81poM9BjxBxa8cQfzWlZ9pG03M41WVl6W54uEx7UhwJdtxPDPdwfHqIouYKz9oEf1w8ueaXHUJ2BFvrjvmA9kPL5K5LF_d9IsbdQ2UpuZJK-Gx8Jv1i6FeAo0U7kVL2mwzHWsM9KQPTsHWuMkEbbjZvVGyKiQ_VK-zUCQqnu4RpjUHvuM8ZPto7zcPAr7FJJAQjFiF-x5-TYvJ4mfvk58mRbg34zy700uvWNgvpl-xLMn2Uqz-DEiB1jkqwyVphYbP9_mfJij5gkLYBJZuy4zJrYeweQ1pKq5gtgmBamVPFU1cABCop3fAYlg6WBMKnMdCwYy7LEvUWx3yHSC1g32nAWtHTFuHAHm5G4Xn8Wm8LG_jjgps4vDowsxouec80vjPNfayEB-tIyeAJGZQJiwxF-Cbgu--NcHpRmsuTt9kA8hAtPT_39kh7Mh0=w800-h600-no

What a great room!

Cute outfit!

the Dr. Seuss ride, the one I like to call the Universal Peoplemover. :)

0OnNb_jdaI5Ysnqrzgqa8rWGfeZWxRaghdyAgvT3TIg3p7GIKi9XGRwWuaOffEMgy3INWmTWMeC7Hu4tJYhz0mzt52VYGijo6Dvll22yHVvoUUh2OlaJNUdQ81COrdMTTZIi5_wQLIqIoqDhDstq6lXUdv0I9R55R7EjJiQWY_W5NxquhJadEXaHzgI5rGZdDe1ds8I1zRJLIXrL_ldVvtZ2tRnhAUqOVaI8jBURfTr9faCU3WbCR97cCxKMY9FMH11PNqTHXL1dZxWf-EDB18p1YyrgAy804iC6AH1dUa3r4JJnEPTQt-wrLvI1bPRsqvex3wPPfRKxdh1QABCK9lH3u5AaXW7JRoGsjsE950KBMOMb8YKPwE0L44csxMYh-xGp_jNnKqGF3cFdS-zJebN6p_XkJxslNHqAGySkC1jRNOzT86GaMa_MPObiarX1h7M_ng6t771BTmMgTg7T-FDIlGe8qxo0kLsyQ5Yykgzp8fShI07st61wY8MCyx3haYeZWW85Q4EA1k61-EmDXlLRaYZ-xcakkt1Y2nMmVmeTrTxYf1sfETW0F7KqCkcTqJSIC4oC_OIECjU9DuF0JSkU_mcVeptHv7FHl4BRIwGZnl2bQpXdTQ6gCr8_81vDRNiKzlsKOjAyJh42tSkBmLqUvk9d7r5d=w800-h600-no

I love the guy behind you guys :rotfl:

We also got a few butterbeers that night. I don't have pictures of them but they were unlimited too so we definitely got them a few times.

Yum!

So cute!

And we ran into everyone's favorite hero, Steve Rogers aka Captain America

RFMcwnM-mkxK8KZsL-kyPSbxRKf45TSxvNW_99GihqxFSibkJymMtOUprn9zZgzBe4lIzbA6t5K9O5xRf4XtuGntw9fsf78VCoEj-l48XQtCN3ua7XbTmAuCjQaCD8Wf9llq4zoWD5-eOmYgcg4X3vFdmJwSliHBexNtwim52oZiSThV5HhYnb9T0IsDw0PuWe1kSLpgB13jqtGtnUW3EThNmw6y3Pa3Pfo1mKvz7WTbi8AVe8TjmLB8b2Vo9yIEmcU8KEJMdnS-jhBSfJK2hNrNJ_hV2TzZXF4R0wqw7-4VIk_OvT_dApqKozDtA_kGuxqtiuG65oh8YS82w1yZWTLx_qOFd-GlCKGGGMIQBLPq1SXvOqEqt3l5yiQlRq8NYFFEWneJlbfEGJelUutf8-cSSees3XvuJ8UPXlXFkoNusCpocF9GM5yeOMODDfvLW-0rjKGbUh2Fr-zo-0wJN2_Z658Zz4-MkQ5JGrzPmn21pOPYPNgJ6MmspFb4ZfN3QvEeBNuAQIAx8-Fc-LUs8SC_QedkeAbsxCAe6yXD6F3axweXAzK42cK4NCKYwr_csAN5DugtFrRyKkYQ6t8E4bneOYm0ObQzHN-Bzn2L1g7JIa1bwbEInpJDpIMsRS2JhDiD1no1s5Q9xckzmFaQ9b_zvtxARl1k=w417-h555-no

And you didn't bring him to the Disney portion of the Epic trip?!

UnEpuA_RPawYLqhK0W8Pa83ioChFvs2fr4ohof3lt9P2B_0xGW6o6jOtUrpA52BfyMcvEZ8Oezql9d9t0mabyKLqMbHwQ7iVnI3c7Ut07ZHjDac1chou7cKbJP_7c9AnTqnX0U2OiTDSDiIme9tMjuj4SRD0NVM8cLHABKVYhGrZNWlpZ_EU5Yoy3YhaGXqtVaDxgEzFP1LywW7E0jQH30GWXPOVjQD4wPB1jUdnzSi2eBX3oWgJPu4HkS-dvApYyQSj6v_2aQruRMsoWp-L4SlGU1-vbgEtYguspfhhKxnYcdkNxzig64wnV6uBIlpwMRSrEdZDzrczFtxrE4CE9QunOCPtuOEJXa-GVCgnUi_kb2cp7WMhle0gyRazP_E2U9TFrI7UndH7EI8IP1Ejd40WVPx_3c2T4tZt-qnQyIpwi3Z55SrWETKnuh7CPqApWb7zEaOxEeothceh-peXLfO6dPQJeVASTj9Y_XS5kCfl-c1jsQrrRAixO002GBnv82qFTxMNAy3S15PHhz_Ly9D7v9ugJOESn6IVeYtQdKpbP2ZgTTUoLEZyQyteBc3X6K8pzP6SA8FPnKAerY196vPLt0X8bxulB4E082nFEyENLWe0J0_aKWq-KrAh_7FJqYZxWMt-rsA2waVjes_skhJynioxs88E=w740-h555-no

Look at how happy Steve is that I'm about to be devoured by a deadly ancient dinosaur!!

oMcEiPTnEpqqyWYtx9wrBwNmGdWTW0EODR9ByoiCTjkl9BlskBglkKVuKzQLXTGSf4OZe-PFJkwaPNiMN5tpm8t3KvY51pqG_JIS8-XkqP__d5nySRzGJDtvbF6pN5sON1MsV3Al99fOGpspxpDUe9HHwZPie73L_chVvd0Vk54lp49jTdKeHoI2QmlmIQOHgq2JXayd4d5ciZVxgXr--2nYQEE2g4Qf9lvs31jIxxtDXx1OqXOiMRVl2JVqeAEINFCIy7KmdFE_4eZm5hHlhWL5VD7xLOw8EX-mXhUfJA9LXYd1rVBWkrProwhVlB-uePzn-NEiUIWkArQyy_CcBshqqqg6pK2064LIjKvLNuyXiFi3mIlkSrhgAksZjAbEjZfM1FcOOf674E93-Wg7Cz8sGh0XAc6p5yP9yMpLYIptSpMfb_f5UgyE5vlE6ZAtbqVImGYcoBpwgAceIkW2wLjn2RDoOzP5yy1NDKJUe8PcCqB4essI30QT2BSeYGUmFP1WUNYEwazkagL0qp5KBrl91Klkqi58SHTY7EeYe1eueVIqBrInEXMOT1xs7Pf1s7RUwACSAZ3MGEP5nZPJkRLzde5s8RN8AGJB0z27PpE3BMp1KNndX4KFOyDdcEFufCc6XRvRP2RM4iuwe53xYDUjKon00dST=w417-h555-no
7HQ2cc1WyLphoU8YGRSwUQkN5v3-2k7fqJIapU7cRSXfbOCyo6zfqg9UC7CE5MsHIDrK1t-F5T3N5nmHyMH0gBdeCj7qem0Idlsf5frzlIw8-eMpqZ8GiqTcnqEpXbxfipR-mG9UrMRouxwNRXlVreY-QGdgdwbBJNKcspwgSyUN6rIgKm2sI2LE1NwGLpy1VKp31D6FF1nX9XZ_FY6naMdLFF1R_Bnt02Umw2N7IEMNx4VL7VpqlE784wG8nJgKG_wN_s7aYqSNtW1gAxgiXPr6SxrucAUubY1ASZY23-YtneE8PjFSAbBUXk_K_8f0uQmHtCRsNDaa-Ph3vYyaHtj55rXesdp6TosKMudMEVPllQyzDu9Offuh1rjMRZDDDEQN2vYwddexZsH6iH9zJUNy-a2ZsoaMq2dTCdkHjsCYMuaDgiViiDm3cpjwv8dM1X6g3WFQrQQFw-TW_RhoKYoGgoZZFYhY91KD020FgHWtLRb6ajX7k_Vuw27od0Mk3cXm0bNcV3hVzrLpb_dSkZo-RU9kp2wbHiPvZgHz4TRK9FHW928_3yLhOFneePrSq_5UtKSsnHThwVBlQ2k7pMbZEW27INJykeYaXxXlaGpK1AHUgsWuBekUMvMDfv-eR6RQreZdLg8PiA6P3cVuCNLX-EITeBK-=w417-h555-no

Love this! Your facial expressions are fantastic!

Forgive my manners, but when I starting watching this thread, I failed to mention how great it was to meet you and Steve and all the other folks. Just wish I hadn't had to work and could have had more time to hang out with all of you.
As for doing it again, by all means!!! Then DW can join in as well.

This is such a cool room set up!! Too bad you didn't actually need the space for a longer visit.

It was so nice to be in such a big room with a kitchen to boot! This room would have cost $$$$ in Disney!

That is such a cute outfit :) I have the Gryffindor version of that tank. Did you get the skirt from Hot Topic??

Thanks! The skirt is a skort from Sparkleskirts! They also have skirts to match all the other houses!

Not an official sort, but I guess we'll let it slide LOL It would be interesting to have him do the quiz on Pottermore to see if he's right!!

LOL He's probably in Slytherin. He can be sneaky.

Jimmy's favorite ride in all of Universal!

I love it! It's so fun!

LOL your expressions are amazing in these pictures!! We didn't try the encounter on our trip because the line always looked too long and I didn't think it was worth all the waiting only to terrorize my son....but I think the pictures would be incredible!

The lines are usually soo long! But the pictures are hilarious. They take a ton of pictures on your phone for you.

I don't think so...I think the monorail exits inside security. Maybe it is twice and I just didn't pay attention or didn't have a bag.

They do check you twice, once before the monorail and right at the entrance to Epcot. It's different from MK where there's a closed loop so you don't have to be checked once you exit the monorail. I hope the improvements they are doing to the entrance will address this.

Following. Can’t wait to read more!

Thank you for reading!!

Hardly.

Well... yes. But that doesn't rhyme.

Kinda, but not really.

Well...…..

I did think that I'd feel like an interloper. It was supposed to be "an epic girl's trip"... We have DISdads, and while I've never been, not sure how welcome the ladies would be. (Maybe they are? I have no idea.)

Maybe I'm wrong about this too.
Moot point as Elle wouldn't have been happy with it.

I'm sure there are no rules about whether only dads attend or not. But hey, I'm not a DISdad so I wouldn't know! LOL
But yeah I'm sure Elle would be bored out of her mind with us old folk.

But with Trump's Wall going up, won't you soon have a shortage of Manuel labor?

HAHAHAHA Funniest thing I've seen.

Ah. I wonder too if the Express queue by-passes it?
Or I just missed it. Either or.

Not sure! I think everyone goes though it but I have not been through it enough times to know.

I'm sure someone, somewhere has said "I'm so sorry! It was in a zippered pocket!... How's your head?"

well true, but they have to stop playing with their zippers while riding hulk.

What an epic group of DISers. Looking forward to reading along.

Thank you and welcome!!

Day one was great! So excited to hear all about this trip.

Thank you for joining!!

I'm here now. And I mostly have no idea what I'm doing. I haven't message boarded since Panic! At The Disco was really popular the first time.

Hi Luke! (I'm assuming this is Luke) If not, then just Hi!!

Technically I did buy 3. But I traded 1 for a German Weissbeer and a firm handshake (after proof of over 21 was shown with 2 pieces of government issued ID and/or a Costco card).

You Canadians and your young looks and nice firm handshakes...

I'm sure there are no rules about whether only dads attend or not. But hey, I'm not a DISdad so I wouldn't know! LOL
But yeah I'm sure Elle would be bored out of her mind with us old folk.

I'm sure she would. She was bored with me.

Then again... everyone else is too, so...
You should know. You slept through meeting me.

HAHAHAHA Funniest thing I've seen.

<takes a bow>

Not sure! I think everyone goes though it but I have not been through it enough times to know.

Guess we'll just have to go back, won't we?

well true, but they have to stop playing with their zippers while riding hulk.

That happens a lot.

Wait...

Which zippers????? :eek:

What a great first day!!! That room is huge! Love it!

And already you've had some tasty food :thumbsup2

It was huge! Such a change compared to Disney LOL.
The food was ok compared to what we have at Disney, they definitely need to step it up but it's been mediocre for a while so I guess they feel like they dont' need to!

Here and caught up!

Yay! We missed you on the trip Meghan!! Will just have to plan for the next one!

Excited to read about the rest of your trip! Love the 'Puff outfit!

Thank you so much!!

What a great room!

It was pretty awesome! I would have liked to have had a room this big with Chunkysis in the mix.

Cute outfit!

Thank you!
I love the guy behind you guys :rotfl:

He looks like he's too cool for the ride but secretly deep down inside it's probably his favorite ride. :rotfl:

And you didn't bring him to the Disney portion of the Epic trip?!

We tried to pry him from the side of the store but to no avail...:sad:

Love this! Your facial expressions are fantastic!

Haha thanks!! It was scary and funny at the same time!

Forgive my manners, but when I starting watching this thread, I failed to mention how great it was to meet you and Steve and all the other folks. Just wish I hadn't had to work and could have had more time to hang out with all of you.
As for doing it again, by all means!!! Then DW can join in as well.

It was great meeting you and your DD too!
And we will definitely let you know when we're doing it again!

Joining in!

Yay!! Thanks for following!

I'm sure she would. She was bored with me.

Then again... everyone else is too, so...
You should know. You slept through meeting me.

Wait, we met?

<takes a bow>

<applause>

Guess we'll just have to go back, won't we?

I guess so!

That happens a lot.

Wait...

Which zippers????? :eek:

Get your mind out of the...zippered pocket!

It's twice. Trust me. You do bag check to get on the monorail (Well... from the resorts). Then you get spat out at the TTC, change to the Epcot monorail and then get spat out again into the general population where you get in line to go through bag check again.

I can attest. It is 100% true.

and 100% sucky.

I can't wrap my head around how Disney can figure out how to make bus fuel out of old chicken nuggets, and how to build a ride that truly feels like you're riding a living breathing actual banshee, but they can't figure out how to let monorail guests bypass the second bag check at EPCOT. :headache::headache:
I keep telling them they need to hire me at twice the pay I get now, and help them figure this enigma out!

I can't wrap my head around how Disney can figure out how to make bus fuel out of old chicken nuggets, and how to build a ride that truly feels like you're riding a living breathing actual banshee, but they can't figure out how to let monorail guests bypass the second bag check at EPCOT. :headache::headache:
Good point.

I keep telling them they need to hire me at twice the pay I get now, and help them figure this enigma out!
I would do it for only 1.5 what I make now and I'm local...no relocation package needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter