We. Are. CHUNKY! DISBoards Epic Girls Trip May 2019 THE END! Epilogue: Dream Cruise, Club 33 and a new TR!

BPWuKh2J8MZVDXLgZyeOUsbVBZ85wytq4OO20YPK8mCPXld1wCpZwQw4E6laWDwqxJF4_TBPeY4k1Z5EMXF7tDAleleB2P-0Fzp06hKy26u7ocVZ9GaWAo8A3OMVTXYM5L2Al1bICfIiayfUI2ZEWq49dNu9Q85gHh5beLIeWSZMPZBAHQ3adgpUQz2BqZeHktgF8z9nHZ9FhiQmtnY4ID6iH2NVUWPwuoG3nqKNQBWkVFFBn3GPsHt3dkjzHYddoqr-PPhAwFhxnbwvTQUmEMv2vXpossGPFdj2xRbfwrM7bwyIWhBg07QJEqmCO7B_FnGh68-YGlznmlxwBOxEq-L34JuwmL28PLcmba_QduW-fIvtOUmjbRs-0I5_J1XP2s7F5XAoAufIntiPW5pEc7MxDbH0MG2b8WXzQO-d20PbbsJkFENcmTZZ3zuHM0HCIgTWC-ZX7-HuQmp_9jL5NZBVPOD6LdNrIDgnWWMXJx51Ri0FyDmksai7CoHaRDr4jo7UXKzhcmx2Gf_MVz2bwO136yVAvKAzric0aKAzyOvuom2YHIEU6eGmepA2Gojez7QboUNzeObbEMLWItuqWUUgzrpMe108Q17FcA6uX7kPSTKYkyZgg9VncKDLSFOAtTwl5wCotVaHicRGJO-2EqPtj8xFLTx6=w459-h612-no
Those are cool

scare actors on the queue which scared the S**T out of the very grown-up adult macho male walking behind me that he practically jumped onto me (no it was not Steve). LOL. He screamed and leaped, it was rather funny.
:rotfl2:

I must say though, after the trip, my hair looks like it did in the Before picture, haha. All the heat, chlorine, sun, and saltwater really did a number on my hair (and skin) :sad:

After my two trips in one month, my hairdresser just had to chop off a couple inches yesterday. What was the word he used??? Oh yes, "Ratty." :laughing:

My BIL Marc picked us up from our house and sent us to the airport for our 9am flight. I didn't book a crazy early flight because I've learned from past trips that we're always so exhausted with early flights and since we had an event that night I didn't get one that was too early. 9am was just right. Here we are at the airport:

9am sounds good to me. In April we were supposed to leave on a 5am flight and I changed it when I realized we'd literally have to leave for the airport at 2:30am :scared1:

It was crowded so thank goodness for pre-check.

Worth every penny ::yes::

We were surprised with a very large suite-like room with a kitchen and living room. I think all the rooms here have a kitchenette in any case.

aVos2MATlkdObw5YmeuKxS04H9Fffuu4glF_wdMZ3Tqhpct30PeHT-Hgq2swYMBxCLytQcc2G_xhAaunw4E53prQfz_bVwPVJXx_aGaMZuttxWuIgLbpX0v6WM5wnqoNVZME41ROMNj1AZQW4pPZp2bGaUdPtg6ECq_kzTlqqR3etfnmNwIaHQuYHPcf9BR95Cwg4EbK4z6G7id-LyX7D5LGtFSm6AKTVbPP3J0ODFF9lhblnJ-dCp1XXpGax7rnvFB8BxnavlMfuipkvf32ZQJjcykuabzFdDcwCpJxch0AoEUyg4g5DQY1jXPYiF--j7lQjo-X6rgWpPj1C7pbYULHp_a5DcIsxVmftqSSL3IGu19E8GVelSsPurkYd7mqo0DjtbUDPXMZwzpQc7oUJHffr6xjqq95oIuaEx6ajdNKLE8S_T4VuhUxCE2T9sot41c-C5Ps2QU3OeTx_vWKg-6GFJg5wXZiWtAH7c_Uhx4x82ILlzOZxhk8wCwcNj8KQjCMkKbyOzs-jdlH4LdYJvyvqJNF4nJnu8vV7ZYCTr0TKSJquzOnbt0lJc1Mqo5c6V7102VMqUjVzB9M56czwxgfF4dM-xKyfcnJAoFPuox94K1p9Ns3WET9EMrHcrZb0z9_ozd_m61MXy5-kd0LCSlwkPCMN5l_=w800-h600-no

9uuKlBLiHBWk_lE15W177MezYa_vjl1M2-ErrOZ_xYnVHJLTk_-BuIsKm4ZLoXjItpvpy1rTAGa_VgrAg5cWRiRtguceqztbtrBd6dP25i6Errenq3kcNdHxAvjBG6waKMkePTcUBKaKv8FwwdYcbXp2unI2kZJTcguyzNVQvRbr6w0kCkxUazPCiWNFzbnrq15CmMW20vyCYQoVrJL-TWOc_TrmrccOOxDJCw81poM9BjxBxa8cQfzWlZ9pG03M41WVl6W54uEx7UhwJdtxPDPdwfHqIouYKz9oEf1w8ueaXHUJ2BFvrjvmA9kPL5K5LF_d9IsbdQ2UpuZJK-Gx8Jv1i6FeAo0U7kVL2mwzHWsM9KQPTsHWuMkEbbjZvVGyKiQ_VK-zUCQqnu4RpjUHvuM8ZPto7zcPAr7FJJAQjFiF-x5-TYvJ4mfvk58mRbg34zy700uvWNgvpl-xLMn2Uqz-DEiB1jkqwyVphYbP9_mfJij5gkLYBJZuy4zJrYeweQ1pKq5gtgmBamVPFU1cABCop3fAYlg6WBMKnMdCwYy7LEvUWx3yHSC1g32nAWtHTFuHAHm5G4Xn8Wm8LG_jjgps4vDowsxouec80vjPNfayEB-tIyeAJGZQJiwxF-Cbgu--NcHpRmsuTt9kA8hAtPT_39kh7Mh0=w800-h600-no

Wow! What a beautiful room!

I am channeling Hufflepuff for tonight's event:

Lfw8SbTTjKm_9BP8kO4IL3Uji4hCNV7cjrf7kHIWy8cmkGs8lzAr1DHncj2JZsrR4C-T3K0omTAXbTZnF-Lj5ITms0vwLawd2qGyXo6NluYvRfuQZD_zIla96r7nGuykcvhcPdMfg8h2LMHnPCESVt8Knekd2fqAl3k-Rs2m4nAmgnHeCQt7mIth63q5ajMrf6lIviXi9VX-2dVmyOJ-DO4R6UVRnshZel-hintQ0M3Wce8ch9gskk4dYI8jBNBZoXP6eBCzHQgcyJl9Hi9CSevOkyZGpJj54oT3JOPrJr8kAf5ltVKvGtry7cHImusNFM9SHirBE1hSj_gHodK9lTpGb1WZJ7eCTUj-KdJD-ZqnSOcw7xz2q8wgE9RdPQ_VjtLuM9EWeDYGwXwe9467IpejCuVwr7vYowBOkLT8LkOKn9TWvLZRudrCS90L-pG4yoLQxHNRQX4gWSwqEAR9oiUxRz6EAzJOP5K-_ryB97i7SUhFK_o3b0VKbki4ru7Cm47_4MJoZMWdTt3YCFpnJ6f1hW1ZbR5E_bAw0fDcvJ5xqLiVxPsvOglFgRiioK5z8iy4T-mlQJcTcdHgwJCJOOKLPExYlGNRaq8T7cP9cBX7TbFlM3BKUg5Vdi091z_hGNrb9Arc0HAsp--2Q_diyAX3r5vXowOm=w459-h612-no

Cute :thumbsup2

We arrived and took the escalator up to city walk, went through security and entered. I like how the security is at the city walk area and so you only have to check your bags once and you don't have to do it again when going to either of the parks.

That is very nice and makes it all the more annoying when you have to go through security twice to get to EPCOT :crazy2:

It was ok. The potatoes were undercooked, and the sausages lacked flavor. I have decided the food at Leaky Cauldron is just not that great.

I found that most of the food in UO is not that great :sad2:

We're going on the Chunky (Hogwarts) Express!

We thought we'd get our own car but we shared with another couple. Still didn't stop us from taking pictures.

9E7THF_59tmlLMpNjHuiS7xd-Qe0wdy3Kj5lMreuaebxv0nRstPj_lhPSAZnRk4ZBRl0sIfMkc82cn47ev7zMggLG2HkP8dsk02gkk83FhhvCOqcm5pOR4ufPreHbznlBkAq_x3cB2ZlzacMrVXYh8HpVkNtcW9kmkncyoChOR5ByWRkQN2Ic75KRXAwoLYB8x-y3TIvrk07GamTR64aqBW9HA1P5IZW4hPHBlU81yTw_FyH7Hdcw7kNerFx4cJKo9yO-_EiqDUuMikRQ3XwMsr2K28d1Mixy-Wg48K_G530MEr-Pxh4cICL_BOi2e9Vl1WhkbTbOOthf4phu_nTvSCwc-XqAT6OpZ8RwgBsZCPu3q8j7R8sOYH5OEZZoFN3gFElHYpotxCKbmM8LnJCYoeLvMBbkJtDy6jGoKOzuDo7rJQ6IC--DagSEQMOK955tG7ARsZf-7dJ56BV1hXZMxv1LQeLP62Yb_Z60YtTpN0mGbc9ofq4LfACWaYw-mU4iDlNrpG3Xk3HCwke7576Rgzg0YV-Zoa5KI9xtUfWO2lDMobWW5OtPNLXPYqY48_9Djb2QW_9WOF0OZ_v_XFla52dzQLFRq9619ZHv_iiYwhCOK2iEnx5V99Xp6r3XvQtJ1Tx2t3vrt-IbY7pTZpDITr1P3bBUhsR=w459-h612-no
w1D-ZnfVLeJz8bHg5XpgcYtOCZpI5qwW18czqIG72FheA55yh4YuKZjLxw7ITPKc1EPs-V_cOL80fmnH0jMIl7MZgPqLaEO6RJh8p-0cGRJ3r93Tj_oR44xHuMyPLEwnjkTy0Wyytyb7XUUW_9jsxc_zsZTWEvL1H5Mef838y6c4E_lySd4FOcfAHmPcRTKBJpwYgI1iFa3voVzphhpiP832SOK8elV40PwDfw99THF7nf7Q1eLxBzcJj1nBONxBV8Xp_zl6Bitm_3om1TpbSELjpNfT4YrHZYIGgIiYHoPjbImVVK_7vFg5K7ut5pFMqJsEiki4Ir2R116evLl_W3XRXRRElJPCOydNU2SjmL9jHrkJSNmPXzlJ4pHGTWw4bvGjYcUGDHi24c1PoFzsvxGS8Urn92w6NxXwJPvv2U22hlzhgVzgMjQH0XDw8nr95GTL4exP-BuoJkmX94yLQx9nuJ_b8pMHf-huT7mCA8ZIEHMGpS3RKenf0pEQ9uxVHeGrzrYmOo_cpKhpdOdP9lKpr6CIkAVFscrIgv92et--yYxC1ecyVRnHUaXI1eF-KSfi4xHNaofqS5GydVU6l7YXfdUyaoFcZnvYtjZFqeu6W-qpGxfTedP7UPHjNzpSgb0-pMn8iA_BI2OIhmV-GaoNmen3KDR5=w459-h612-no

They have the cool light up bands:

I've never ridden the HE where they didn't pack us in :crazy2: Cute photos though!

0OnNb_jdaI5Ysnqrzgqa8rWGfeZWxRaghdyAgvT3TIg3p7GIKi9XGRwWuaOffEMgy3INWmTWMeC7Hu4tJYhz0mzt52VYGijo6Dvll22yHVvoUUh2OlaJNUdQ81COrdMTTZIi5_wQLIqIoqDhDstq6lXUdv0I9R55R7EjJiQWY_W5NxquhJadEXaHzgI5rGZdDe1ds8I1zRJLIXrL_ldVvtZ2tRnhAUqOVaI8jBURfTr9faCU3WbCR97cCxKMY9FMH11PNqTHXL1dZxWf-EDB18p1YyrgAy804iC6AH1dUa3r4JJnEPTQt-wrLvI1bPRsqvex3wPPfRKxdh1QABCK9lH3u5AaXW7JRoGsjsE950KBMOMb8YKPwE0L44csxMYh-xGp_jNnKqGF3cFdS-zJebN6p_XkJxslNHqAGySkC1jRNOzT86GaMa_MPObiarX1h7M_ng6t771BTmMgTg7T-FDIlGe8qxo0kLsyQ5Yykgzp8fShI07st61wY8MCyx3haYeZWW85Q4EA1k61-EmDXlLRaYZ-xcakkt1Y2nMmVmeTrTxYf1sfETW0F7KqCkcTqJSIC4oC_OIECjU9DuF0JSkU_mcVeptHv7FHl4BRIwGZnl2bQpXdTQ6gCr8_81vDRNiKzlsKOjAyJh42tSkBmLqUvk9d7r5d=w800-h600-no

Please excuse my pancake face next to Karilynn's perfectly sculpted face. I have a really large face! :-)

Stop! You have a beautiful face!

And we ran into everyone's favorite hero, Steve Rogers aka Captain America

RFMcwnM-mkxK8KZsL-kyPSbxRKf45TSxvNW_99GihqxFSibkJymMtOUprn9zZgzBe4lIzbA6t5K9O5xRf4XtuGntw9fsf78VCoEj-l48XQtCN3ua7XbTmAuCjQaCD8Wf9llq4zoWD5-eOmYgcg4X3vFdmJwSliHBexNtwim52oZiSThV5HhYnb9T0IsDw0PuWe1kSLpgB13jqtGtnUW3EThNmw6y3Pa3Pfo1mKvz7WTbi8AVe8TjmLB8b2Vo9yIEmcU8KEJMdnS-jhBSfJK2hNrNJ_hV2TzZXF4R0wqw7-4VIk_OvT_dApqKozDtA_kGuxqtiuG65oh8YS82w1yZWTLx_qOFd-GlCKGGGMIQBLPq1SXvOqEqt3l5yiQlRq8NYFFEWneJlbfEGJelUutf8-cSSees3XvuJ8UPXlXFkoNusCpocF9GM5yeOMODDfvLW-0rjKGbUh2Fr-zo-0wJN2_Z658Zz4-MkQ5JGrzPmn21pOPYPNgJ6MmspFb4ZfN3QvEeBNuAQIAx8-Fc-LUs8SC_QedkeAbsxCAe6yXD6F3axweXAzK42cK4NCKYwr_csAN5DugtFrRyKkYQ6t8E4bneOYm0ObQzHN-Bzn2L1g7JIa1bwbEInpJDpIMsRS2JhDiD1no1s5Q9xckzmFaQ9b_zvtxARl1k=w417-h555-no

He had to make it into this trip somehow :rotfl:

Steve met me at the holding area and we rode the hulk. I really enjoy this coaster a lot! It's smooth and controlled and honestly it's not that scary after you ride it, and I am a bit of a chicken sometimes.

I'm a ride chicken but now that I have ridden all the scary rides at WDW, I was ready to tackle this one next but then we cancelled our UO portion of our trip. I need to go with my kids because they love all the big coasters and I don't think I could do this one by myself :scared1:

Yay! I miss my Chunkybuzzy!

Aw! I miss you and ALL the Chunkies too! I'm loving reading everyone's trip reports, but it also kind of makes me sad because I want to go back and do it all again!

And did they take away that Jaws ride? I could have sworn that used to be there too...
YES THEY DID :mad: I loved that ride and wasn't happy when they got rid of it. Jaws himself is still there, hanging on a dock by the water for pictures lol but sadly that's it.

but those I really do like: Gingotts, MIB, ET, Hulk and Spiderman. I'd probably focus my time on just doing those multiple times. Oh and the Dr. Seuss train!
I agree with all of these although Spiderman also makes me a tad nauseous.

After my two trips in one month, my hairdresser just had to chop off a couple inches yesterday. What was the word he used??? Oh yes, "Ratty." :laughing:
:rotfl2:seriously I thought your hair looked fine :hug:

I know, right!! There were so many people I didn't get the chance to hang out with as much as I wanted to. Everyone on the trip though was super sweet, and I'm in awe how this whole trip worked out. I really hope we do it again someday...:love: This whole DIS group is something special.

I am honestly amazed that everything worked out so well too! I mean the weather didn't cooperate at some times, haha, but overall it was such a wonderful trip! I wish we spent more time together! Next time I will have to come join you Wilderness Gals Gone Wild.

Thank you so much for reading!

Made it!
Catching up everywhere is time consuming (but worth it), and is the reason for my tardiness. :)

Tardy to the party are we?

Glad it was "amazing"! :)

'twas!

Hi!!

Yeah! I stayed away in deference to the all girls theme.

you know it wouldn't have mattered right? Doc was there for some of the events too and he even came to Ohana!

Seriously... this is such a great shot.

It is! One of my favorites from the trip!

Ah! So then there was some use for them.

Of course. Manual labor.

What a great first day to kick off your trip! Looks like you had a pretty successful night at the Orlando Informer Event. It's funny that you mention about the scare actors in the Kong queue because my sister was in FL at the end of April right before y'all and she rode Kong, went through the queue and everything and said there weren't any scare actors so I thought it was done. But for you there were. I wonder if it's hit or miss hmmmm Also love all the Potter wear and yes, Steve is correct, Ravenclaw is for intellectuals (but Slytherins are easily just as smart hehe)

Haha I thought they wouldn't have the scare actors since there weren't any lines so it was funny when there was one and the guy jumped on me, LOL.
Thank you! I'm pretty sure Steve can go either way. He is a trickster at times.

Comfort zone? I thought of it as his natural habitat.

Yes it is.

Maybe that's the reason Elle liked you so much. Pretty sure that's what she is too.

Aww that's sweet! Tell her I really liked her too. She's very pretty.

:laughing: Wonder what the hat would put him in.

Probably Slytherin.

Yuck. Cold fries. Blech.

Yes, blech!!

We didn't see that! I wanted to get a photo, but... never even saw it.

It's hard to see and you can only take a picture from a certain angle to get a good view, which means the person taking the picture has to be like 10 people behind you. So it usualyl doesn't work on a regular day when there are long lines, so we took advantage of the no lines to do so.

No, you don't. You're very pretty. You both are.

Thank you! I'm ok with being a pretty pancake face.

They should've put it in Diagon Alley.

:rolleyes1

Yes probably!

Those are great! I tried to get Elle to pose under one, but she said no.

LOL, they are pretty funny.

Whoopsie!

Still... better than your phone going flying.

Yes, but mine was in a zippered pocket, but they still said no.

:laughing: Love this shot!

Thanks!!

:lmao:

Are you insured???

Not that I know of but maybe Steve knows more than me!

This is such a cool room set up!! Too bad you didn't actually need the space for a longer visit.

I am channeling Hufflepuff for tonight's event:
That is such a cute outfit :) I have the Gryffindor version of that tank. Did you get the skirt from Hot Topic??

He wasn't sorted but he chose it because he claims it's the intellectual group.
Not an official sort, but I guess we'll let it slide LOL It would be interesting to have him do the quiz on Pottermore to see if he's right!!

So we went on something much tamer...the Dr. Seuss ride, the one I like to call the Universal Peoplemover. :)
Jimmy's favorite ride in all of Universal!

Look at how happy Steve is that I'm about to be devoured by a deadly ancient dinosaur!!
LOL your expressions are amazing in these pictures!! We didn't try the encounter on our trip because the line always looked too long and I didn't think it was worth all the waiting only to terrorize my son....but I think the pictures would be incredible!

Tardy to the party are we?

Hardly.

Well... yes. But that doesn't rhyme.

you know it wouldn't have mattered right? Doc was there for some of the events too and he even came to Ohana!

Well...…..

I did think that I'd feel like an interloper. It was supposed to be "an epic girl's trip"... We have DISdads, and while I've never been, not sure how welcome the ladies would be. (Maybe they are? I have no idea.)

Maybe I'm wrong about this too.
Moot point as Elle wouldn't have been happy with it.

It is! One of my favorites from the trip!

:)

Of course. Manual labor.

But with Trump's Wall going up, won't you soon have a shortage of Manuel labor?

Aww that's sweet! Tell her I really liked her too. She's very pretty.

I will! :goodvibes

It's hard to see and you can only take a picture from a certain angle to get a good view, which means the person taking the picture has to be like 10 people behind you. So it usualyl doesn't work on a regular day when there are long lines, so we took advantage of the no lines to do so.

Ah. I wonder too if the Express queue by-passes it?
Or I just missed it. Either or.

Thank you! I'm ok with being a pretty pancake face.

lol.

Yes, but mine was in a zippered pocket, but they still said no.

I'm sure someone, somewhere has said "I'm so sorry! It was in a zippered pocket!... How's your head?"

Not that I know of but maybe Steve knows more than me!

;)

That is very nice and makes it all the more annoying when you have to go through security twice to get to EPCOT :crazy2:

Aw! I miss you and ALL the Chunkies too! I'm loving reading everyone's trip reports, but it also kind of makes me sad because I want to go back and do it all again!
I'm confused...where do you have to go through twice?
I'd love to re-do...maybe I'd get to spend more time with y'all.

Last edited:
I did catch a glimpse of that amazing quilt! She did such a fantastic job!

It is the coolest thing. I will have to share more pictures when I can!

Those are cool

Yeah the bands light up, that was the cool part.

Yay I found it! Excited to follow along on your trip!

Thanks for reading!! :)

LOL that will probably be me next month when I go back to the hairdresser. But your hair looked great!!

9am sounds good to me. In April we were supposed to leave on a 5am flight and I changed it when I realized we'd literally have to leave for the airport at 2:30am :scared1:

I know, it nice to get to Disney early but you're walking around like a zombie half the day, LOL.

Worth every penny ::yes::

Yup!

Wow! What a beautiful room!

It was huge!

Oh totally, Epcot has the most annoying security and there are only like 5 lines for thousands of people.

I found that most of the food in UO is not that great :sad2:

It is not! We haven't been to any sit down places in the parks though. We went to one at Citywalk, Cowfish, and it was good but not great.

I've never ridden the HE where they didn't pack us in :crazy2: Cute photos though!

Yes they do tend to do that!

Stop! You have a beautiful face!

Aww thank you, I'll take "beautiful" pancake instead of just plain pancake face any day! :)

He had to make it into this trip somehow :rotfl:

For sure!

I'm a ride chicken but now that I have ridden all the scary rides at WDW, I was ready to tackle this one next but then we cancelled our UO portion of our trip. I need to go with my kids because they love all the big coasters and I don't think I could do this one by myself :scared1:

I was so scared before I first rode this but it turns out it is a lot of fun, reminds me a bit of RnRC but outdoors.

Right? I really just wish we could do the trip over and over again!

I'm here! Yay! So looking forward to this!! I'm very sad I couldn't end up being part of the Chunky list, but I'm so excited to try to live it vicariously through your TRs!

This is so appropriate. Nathan loves this drink now, and every time we order it I think of Luke and his raving review.
Nathan sounds like a handsome and intelligent man. And I'm told Luke gets .00002% of Tipsy Ducks in Love sales thanks to that review. That may be hearsay though.

I think Luke had... three of these on this trip? At one point while I was supervising some face painting, he disappeared with Melinda’s R and they both came back drinking one :laughing:
Technically I did buy 3. But I traded 1 for a German Weissbeer and a firm handshake (after proof of over 21 was shown with 2 pieces of government issued ID and/or a Costco card).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter