• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We are arriving on the first..

Eileen226

<font color=FF66FF>Knows she can't eat computer co
what are our odds of getting into either park? We land at 3 at SNA. We are so hoping to check in at The Grand Californian and then go to DL. My son and I are celebrating his 20th birthday and we both have hopes of seeing all the Christmas stuff while it is still up. Do you think we'll get in or should we just go to DCA? and head for an early visit on the 2nd? Any ideas? Any suggestions for any great things to do for his birthday? We have eaten at all the great restaurants on previous trips (Goofy's Kitchen ect) at this point he just wants ESPn and Rainforest. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Odds are by 3pm - the park could be full. But I've also heard that it may rain that day! If you don't mind a bit of weather - you'd be in luck! You certainly should do an early park morning (be there before it opens) on the 2nd. You might want to do DCA and Rainforest Cafe on the 1st - both will be fun, and you'll avoid the bulk of the crowds.

If it was me I would hit DCA and not worry about trying to get in. I'd grab a fastpass when I first got there for Scream'n then head over to Monster Inc to see if they were doing the soft openings. Then to Tot to check times and ride or get a fast pass or both. I personally didn't like Mullholland Maddness much, but he might be up for the mailboomer, which is another option if it isn't out of fastpasses or the lines are short. The Chicken nachos were awsome down by the warf.. not sure where my Dad picked them up but they are super good.
See if he wants to see the electrical parade, it runs about 8:45 if I remember. You could hit that and then find a decent viewing of the fireworks by EPSN zone.. at DTD. If you want to go to ESPN zone check out online and sign up for MVP status, for some reason it didn't go thru for us but you can get free pts. for game play.
If you want to eat at Rainforest Cafe make reservations ASAP.
Have fun!

Yes, call rainforest ASAP and make a reservation! They book up quickly and the wait is usually 90+ minutes.

It does not hurt to see if the park is open at 3pm...you just walk up to the turnstile and get turned away or walk in. DCA is a great option is the park is closed. :)

We're also arriving the afternoon of Jan. 1st and will need to trade in our Annual Pass vouchers and get our actual AP that day. We may just go to DCA for a few hours that afternoon, but we'll have to enter DL to get our actual AP's. Wonder what they would do if DL is closed for entry then? As I understand it, we have to get our actual AP's that day. Anyone know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter