WDWinfo.com/ Fort Wilderness outdated info

2goofycampers

Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-resorts/fort-wilderness-resort-campground/

It has recently been pointed out that the information on this page is now outdated and incorrect. We have the OK to compile up to date and correct information. We can use this thread to compile the corrections and then it will be sent to the wdw administrators.

One thing I see is "The Meadows Trading Post is similar to the Settlement Trading Post, but includes a deli as well." Either this is really new or really old.

What other things does everyone see that needs correcting?

First - I want to say 'well done!' A quick response to an issue that was noted. I've truly enjoyed being a more active part of this camping board for the last couple of years, and this is another reflection of why! Thank you.

As to some edits. Others know a lot better than I, but here were a few things that jumped out...
  • There is no reference to Premium sites in the campsite summary (there is a link for a review above, but if changing things anyway, probably best to include that here), only preferred.
  • Don't all the sites have cable? This summary implies they are only on preferred sites.
  • Does the "cabin" still exist? I have heard of it, but I didn't think it was around anymore.
  • There is no mention of the Food Truck.
  • Obviously, what started this all...transportation needs to be overhauled.
Thanks again!

The description for Preferred states "These sites may cost a little more and are found in loops 11 through 500 and 700." I think that might be changed from 11 to 100?

"Air conditioned comfort stations are found throughout the resort. They have restrooms, private showers, laundry facilities, an ice maker, and phones. All but the laundry facilities are open 24 hours a day".

This statement needs to be amended as the CS are not open 24 hours anymore. You will need your magic band to gain access from ?? pm until 6am.

This is some of the things I have started working on if I am wrong please let me know. From the top.

# of cabins =363
# of campsites = 847
total = 1210
campsites: from $75 - $189
cabin: from $364 - $568

New extensions have been completed for the addition of premium loops category.

There is no deli at The Meadow Trading Post.

TIP: For a location close to the main pool, request a cabin in loops 600 or 800 - 1600. ( These are not cabin loops, they are campsite loops)

There are 21 loops not 20 loops now, the addition of 2100 from cabin to campsite changed this.

All sites now have wifi and cable TV hookups.

Preferred loops are 100 -300, premium loops are 400- 1400, partial loops are 1500 & 2000, full hook up loops are 1600 -1900 & 2100.

Comfort stations and laundry facilities are open 24 hours per day with magic band access.

There is no longer a roughing it cabin for rent.

Trail's End is buffet for breakfast and dinner only. With brunch served Saturday & Sunday.

Free wifi throughout the Resort.

"Today there are 1788 campsites and 409 Wilderness Cabins. Not only are the Cabins (as well as the Reception Outpost, Meadow Trading Post, and Crockett's Tavern) equipped with free wireless internet access, but the campsites have free wired internet access. Just stop by the Reception Outpost and pick up a modem kit. There will be a $125 credit card deposit to use the modem kit; deposit will be released when the kit is returned." (This should read)

Today there are 847 campsites and 363 Wilderness Cabins. Not only are the Cabins (as well as the Reception Outpost, Meadow Trading Post, and Crockett's Tavern) equipped with free wireless internet access, but the campsites have free wifi access.

At the marina, guests can rent canoes, kayaks, pontoon boats, or water mice. (should read)

At the marina guests can rent a variety of power boats. At the Bike Barn guests can rent kayaks and canoes.

The Chuckwagon is located there and sells pizza, hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, candy and beverages for those who want something a little more substantial. (should read)

The Fort Wilderness Food Truck is located there and sells food and beverages.

Epcot - take an external bus to the TTC and take the Epcot monorail (should read)
take an internal bus to the Outpost bus depot, and take the bus to Epcot.

Disney Hollywood Studios - take an external bus to the TTC and take the Disney Hollywood Studios bus (should read)
take an internal bus to the Outpost bus depot, and take the bus to Disney Hollywood Studios.

Disney's Animal Kingdom/Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park - take an internal bus to the Settlement Depot and take the Disney's Animal Kingdom/Disney's Blizzard Beach bus (should read)

take an internal bus to the Outpost bus depot and take the Disney's Animal Kingdom/Disney's Blizzard Beach bus.

Last edited:
Just need to edit the above: "Free wifi throughout out the Resort." and take out the word out. Looks good - great work!

I am gonna send this info in on Sunday morning. So if you see any corrections or have any info to add post by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter