• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Vets Visit Disneyland Day 2...We're Going To Disneyland

CamColt

The Cast
Myself - Self proclaimed Disney Freak...I like everything Disney and all rides
DH- Closet Disney Freak (he blames it on me, but loves it just as much), also will ride anything
Cam 8- Not very daring, likes the simple rides
Colt 5- Our wildman daredevil, who unfortuantely is too short for some rides

This was it, the moment we had all been waiting for…time to hit the parks!

As usual I was up first and started getting ready (I take the longest). DH then woke up and he got ready then ran to the Coffee House to get us breakfast while I finished and got the kids ready. We got a few bagles and muffins, which were all good. We really liked the chocolate muffin. But onto the fun stuff!

We arrived at DL at about 7:45am and waited in line. The lines weren’t too big yet. I didn’t have an exact plan for order of rides, but I had a basic idea of where I wanted to go today.

Upon entering, we went to Adventureland and got Fast Passes for Indiana Jones. Unfortunately, Colton is too short to ride this. I know he would have loved it. We then rode the Jungle Cruise with a really fun Skipper. Next we went to New Orleans Square for Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Haunted Mansion. All 3 of these rides were walk ons. We also liked all 3 better here than at WDW.

It was now our FP time for Indiana Jones, but first DH went to get FPs for Splash (which ended up being down so no FPs) while I took the kids in Tarzans Treehouse. They really liked this. I think they got it more than the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse in WDW since they are familiar with Tarzan.

Cam and I rode IJ first while DH took Colt back to the treehouse. Cam didn’t want to go again so then I took the kids to the 9:55 show of the Tiki Birds while DH rode IJ. I have to admit, I like the Tiki Birds Under New Management in WDW better than the original. :duck:

Since we couldn’t get FPs for Splash, we were able to get them for Thunder Mt. Before riding that though we had some time to kill so we wandered to Fantasyland and hopped on the Carousel. That looked as if it had been closed and was just opening up as we were walking by so there was no line there. After that it was time for Thunder Mt. This was Cam’s first time riding this and surprisingly he liked it. :)

Next we were heading to Davy Crocketts Canoes. They didn’t open until 11:00 so we got a drink at Hungry Bear, sat down and had that, then got in a short line. A little after 11:00 we were paddling away. I did not like this! LOL! No, it was really a fun little ride and the kids got a kick out of it, but it was work. :faint:

After a little regrouping, potty break, etc… it was a little before 12:00. We had a PS for Blue Bayou booked for 12:30, but we were hungry and hot now so we figured we would try getting in. We were seated about 5 minutes after checking in, but it was in the worst seat in the house (with my luck, I expected that). By then I didn’t care though, I was just glad to be in. I had the Chicken Florentine which I really liked. I could have done without the Cajun spice on it, but that’s just my personal preference. It wasn’t bad. DH had the Prime Rib which he liked, but he didn’t like the potatoes that came with it. On the other hand I tried them and thought they were great.

After lunch we did a bit of shopping in the POC gift shop to get ready for Pirate night on the cruise we had coming up, then we decided to hop over to DCA. We had really gotten a lot done today, and avoided most lines.

Upon arriving at DCA a little before 2:00, we went right to Tower of Terror to get Fast Passes. After picking them up we back tracked to Disney Animation. I had wanted to check out the Sorcerers Workshop here, but upon arriving we noticed Turtle Talk with Crush is now in this exhibit. The CM told us the show was beginning soon and we could line up for it, so we did. After about a 15 minute wait we were let in the theater. This is such a cute show. We were all happy to see it, plus it was a nice cool break.

After that it was time for Tower of Terror. We couldn’t get either kid to go on this one so DH went first while I sat outside with the kids. When I went on DH noticed some traveling entertainment, a Cast Member playing the spoons. While watching him, the performer took Cam and began playing on his hand. :goodvibes

It was now about 3:45 and we decided to line up for Aladdin. We had preferred seating with our package so we were directed to the preferred seating waiting area. We were packed in here like sardines!. :crowded: Ironically by show time there were some empty seats in the balcony, so if we hadn’t cared about where our seats were, we could have avoided waiting for the show altogether. But, the show was well worth the wait and our seats were perfect. I felt this was better than any of the shows in WDW and I’m a big fan of those.

When we left Aladdin, we decided to head over to Paradise Pier. On the way we bumped into the Block Party Bash. We ended up watching near the end of it, with mainly just Cast Members, no real “characters”, but it was still loads of fun….a real high energy song/dance show. The kids like having the balls thrown out to them and watching some of the flips on the floats.

We then proceeded to Paradise Pier and got FPs for Mullholland Madness. We rode Jumpin Jellyfish with about a 5 minute wait. Next, DH & I took turns riding on Orange Stinger. Both of us had to wait for maybe 1 or 2 cycles of rides, so there wasn’t much wait there. It was now time for Mullholland Madness, which we couldn’t get Cam on. Colt and I rode first. I liked it but he said “I hate this ride” for the whole ride. When we got off I asked if he wanted to go on with Dad (we had Cam’s FP) and he said “ok!”. I guess he didn’t hate it too much, LOL!

By now the kids wanted hot dogs for dinner. The only thing we could find in PP was corn dogs and that wouldn’t work for Colt so we crossed the park again and went to Award Weiner in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot. DH and I just got an order of fries which we liked, but the kids hot dogs were very good too.

After dinner we went back to Disney Animation to check out the Sorcerers Workshop. The kids had fun finding out what characters they are like…Cam is Mushu, and Colt is Gaston. Then we went to Ursulas Grotto where the kids tried to get their voices on the Lion King movie. With Colt not being able to read yet, it didn’t go too well. :teeth: That exhibit is really neat though. We saw some teens doing it the right way and it came out well.

It was now a little after 8:00. We had preferred viewing for the Electrical Parade, so we went to check out where that would be. Upon asking the CM he pointed out the area and said they weren’t ready for us, to come back in a little while. We went to get icecreams to bring back and when we returned the seats were all taken and the CM there told us we were too late. ARGH! At any rate, she said we could sit along the wall, just not in the chairs. My main concern was if we sat there for ½ hour would someone come at the last minute and stand infront of us. She assured us that would not happen, and luckily, when people did try to do that, they were told they couldn’t. That is something I notied there too. A lot of people, tried sneaking under the ropes to sit in the reserved section. I don’t know if they were innocently uninformed, or trying to sneak in, but usually the CM who was at the entrance noticed and would say something. I wouldn’t want that job,LOL!

We finally saw Disneys Electrical parade and we all enjoyed this, but I loved it! In fact, I prefer it over Spectromagic at WDW. I don’t now if it’s because I remember seeing it as a kid in WDW or what, but it seemed more Disneylike to me.

It had been a long day and we hadn’t stopped, so now it was time to return to our hotel. We needed to rest up for Early Entry day, tomorrow.

link to pictures for day 2
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=897990

Wow. You sure packed in a lot of stuff! Can't wait to hear the next day :)

Karen

CamColt,
You guys sure got a lot into one day! Did you ride the big ferris wheel? The view up on top is awesome (I prefer the red non-swinging gondolas). How about Soarin'? That is our favorite DCA ride. I think Aladdin is better than most people expect. I assume you are saving Fantasyland for your EE tomorrow? I agree about the canoes, way too much work and I always get wet! I know it is hot, your boys sure are troopers ;)

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to the next day :earsgirl:

I'm getting ready to post day 3. We got most of those things in then. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter