• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Vets and we LOVED DL!

tlkgt76

"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney
I heard from multiple people that we would be disappointed in Disneyland after our multiple trips to Walt Disney World, but I have to say I loved it! Each resort has their pros and cons, but it was great to be able to walk from Disneyland Hotel to both parks and Downtown Disney. There were no busses to wait on and Carsland was outstanding.

The only thing I found is that we felt lost and there weren't as many dining options. It only took us a couple days to find our way around though and having experiences like dining IN the Pirates of the Caribbean ride were great (and so was the steak I had for dinner). World of Color was even more beautiful than I could have imagined and we used every second of our five day park hoppers. I had two outstanding meals at Flo's V8 cafe and a yummy breakfast cone at the Cozy Cone (I'm telling you, I could spend one whole day in Carsland alone).

For those thinking about it, I would advise to go in the off season, but make sure you get at least one weekend day in. They don't have the fireworks shows in the off season (we went in September right after Labor Day) and they shut some rides/attractions down during the week. We walked right onto the Radiator Springs Racers though multiple times! Since the weather was cooler, they did shut the slides down at the resort pools early.

If you love Disney, you owe it to yourselves to go to Disneyland at least once. Most of the favorite rides are there plus some so its like getting to go to a brand new park. I want to go back again because we didn't get everything in, even with five days.

Thanks for sharing that! We are going for first time in February, but have been to WDW too many times to count. We've been told the exact same thing....we won't like Disneyland since we are familiar with and love WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter