WDW Vet first time at DL- touring plan help needed

WDWvet

Earning My Ears
Hi guys,

We're doing DL/DCA for the first time.

I'm a WDW pro and i love all things DIS, the podcasts are my favorite. However, DL is mystery to me and i need some assistance.

I'm a member of touringplans.com but i don't love their touring plans for WDW so i figured i'd feel the same for DL/DCA.

I also read the Unoffcial guide for 2018, but still feel a little shaky on a good touring plan.

We're on staying at the DL Hotel 6 days the last week of August with 5 day hoppers and MaxPass.

2 adults, 3 girls 13, 10, 9.

We're used to pretty heavy touring at WDW and we're trying to "do it all" at DL/DCA.

Any good touring plans i can look at or other resources ya'll can point out to help me put a solid touring plan together.

My plan right now is to try to effectively use maxpass and try to focus on doing entire lands to avoid too much crisscrossing.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

there are no entire lands to criss cross as a day long strategy, it is a natural flow of entrances. There can be a focus to complete what is available by eye sight....for example....all the dark fantasyland rides are just steps away from each other, that can be done during your MM hour and half. ROA area requires perhaps the longest walk at Disneyland from Jungle cruise to Pooh, walk a straight line, checking off , one by one.....however....there is a trend happening that not all attractions will be open to guests during your schedule morning hour, so you may very well have to exit the jungle cruise walk down to maxpass HM, then over to POOh, back to Indy that has just opened, if you maxed pass that attraction, then over to BTMRR, then all the way down to Splash, then back to the middle for pirates that has just opened two hours after park opening.

In short, do not make a plan that allows you to think that you can walk a linear line in ROA and complete each attraction.....85% chance that you will have to walk back and forth to complete all ROA area attractions, more so if you have a maxpass strategy

With 5 days in the parks with MaxPass, I would advise you to avoid any sort of "touring plan." Disneyland is a different animal and requires much less planning. Relax, take it in, and have fun. You will have plenty of time to do everything you want, probably multiple times. Don't bring WDW stress into Disneyland. It just isn't needed.

With 5 days in the parks with MaxPass, I would advise you to avoid any sort of "touring plan." Disneyland is a different animal and requires much less planning. Relax, take it in, and have fun. You will have plenty of time to do everything you want, probably multiple times. Don't bring WDW stress into Disneyland. It just isn't needed.

What he/she said! :cutie:

We are annual passholders at WDW, daughter is a CM, and we know Disney. lol If you are planning 5 days at Disneyland, you have plenty of time to take it all in, plus return to the things you liked the best. We went on the Adventures by Disney Southern California trip in February which included backstage tours, etc. We still saw so much on our extra 'on your own time'. You will be fine. It's a quainter experience. All we kept thinking was, "this was WALT'S Park." :tink:

The Disneyland Weekly is a very good podcast for staying up to date as to whats currently happening in the park. I would listen to the last 6 episodes or so.

Disneyland Daily is a great resource.

But yeah, if you have 5 day hoppers, Maxpass, and EMH (since you're staying at a Disney hotel), you're not going to have any trouble "doing it all," honestly.

I'd have a rough plan for the first two-three mornings (first time in each park), and also make sure you understand Maxpass well... and make sure you have a plan for evening entertainment options once those schedules are released. Beyond that, you'll be able to go with the flow, follow the FP availability, and hit up whatever characters/shows/musical groups/etc. catch your fancy!

Do all 5 EMH especially if they are 7:00 am! In DL only TomorrowLand and FantasyLand are open (and not all rides in FantasyLand). Get the biggies done early! In DCA, EMH are a dream! only DLR guests, so easy to get on the biggies! Be sure to check out the "sticky" by @HydroGuy . Especially helpful is the DLR Guide for WDW vets. ( http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1162599)
Enjoy, "go with the flow"...yes! and relax!

If you are planning on doing any dining packages, now is the time to start booking. I would recommend doing a dining package for F! if the budget allows -- the reserved FP sections have the best views and the easiest seating (ground). The general opinion around here is that DL has the better F! show, but WDW has the better seating. PTN is a great nighttime parade in DCA. You can do a dining package for this if you'd like, but it really isn't necessary. That parade route is very long, so with about an hour's wait (a bit more on crowded nights), you should be able to find good viewing spots along the route. WOC is being refurbed right now, so save that one for your next visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter