WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Yes, right now they sent out the emails through July 4th check in. Those will trips June 22nd to July 4th get to either change dates to a DVC or Ft Wilderness, and pay additional charge if applicable.

Or, keep dates, and then Disney will move you for free, but their choice where, not yours, Or, of course, cancel.

Once they announce more resorts open, I assume that if they continue to give people the option to move for free with no date changes, it will be the same,,Disney choice.
Okay so I got the email. I want to straight up cancel. If i click that confirm button can I cancel altogether and get my refund? Or do I still need to call?

It depends what it says on your MDE. We had a recovery reservation for June 25-30 and I went through the steps in the email to cancel and it said to go to "My Plans" on MDE to finish the cancellation process, but I didn't have the magical cancel button. It said on my MDE that to cancel I had to call. I called around 9pm this evening and it took about 20 minutes. He moved our $200 deposit to our end-of-July trip. Fingers crossed that one works out.

Let me get it all straight. Can people with August reservations modify yet? What's this about confirming or modifying by 6/12? Are modifications permitted for all reservations now?

Let me get it all straight. Can people with August reservations modify yet? What's this about confirming or modifying by 6/12? Are modifications permitted for all reservations now?

No, August resort folks are unable to modify anything right now. Cancel, yes - modify, no.

The e-mails that went out yesterday were to stays through 7/4 or 7/5, if I’m not mistaken.

No, August resort folks are unable to modify anything right now. Cancel, yes - modify, no.

The e-mails that went out yesterday were to stays through 7/4 or 7/5, if I’m not mistaken.
I have a reservation for 7/1 - 7/5 at CBR and have not received an email yet. It is a package reservation with the summer room offer, tickets, no dining plan. Did others in that category (non-recovery, no dining plan, non-DVC resort) receive an email yet?

Seems as if our travel agent is having a bit of a difficulty confirming and moving us to a new hotel at a different date. Keeps discounting. But he will still be trying and here’s to hoping!

I have a reservation for 7/1 - 7/5 at CBR and have not received an email yet. It is a package reservation with the summer room offer, tickets, no dining plan. Did others in that category (non-recovery, no dining plan, non-DVC resort) receive an email yet?
did you check the spam/promotion folder?

I feel like I'm late to the party. If Disney chooses the resort for you, can you cancel if you don't want that resort? Get a refund? or is it too early to know at this point.

I feel like I'm late to the party. If Disney chooses the resort for you, can you cancel if you don't want that resort? Get a refund? or is it too early to know at this point.
How far in advance people are alerted to a resort change hasn’t been announced. But I would think it needs to be dealt with at least a few days out to allow time for DME changes. And since they changed their cancellation period to include up to day of, I think they are leaving room for last minute cancellations just in case.

How far in advance people are alerted to a resort change hasn’t been announced. But I would think it needs to be dealt with at least a few days out to allow time for DME changes. And since they changed their cancellation period to include up to day of, I think they are leaving room for last minute cancellations just in case.
I agree it needs to be a few days out, especially since they have mentioned using online check in for a contactless arrival. People often arrive earlier in the day than their room is available and would not be happy to drop their bags at one resort only to find they were moved to another when they get their room ready text/email. I would like to see the notification a minimum of a week out, and two would be even better.

I agree it needs to be a few days out, especially since they have mentioned using online check in for a contactless arrival. People often arrive earlier in the day than their room is available and would not be happy to drop their bags at one resort only to find they were moved to another when they get their room ready text/email. I would like to see the notification a minimum of a week out, and two would be even better.
A week out would be great. We have an early August reservation at POR and I can’t imagine a scene where we show up to DME at the airport and they say “oh you’re actually at Saratoga Springs so head down row 11 instead.” People need to know what they’re getting into before getting on a plane and showing up.

I have NEVER received any notifications of any sort regarding either of my resort reservations 6/1 or 7/1. I’m getting AP notifications and ADR cancellations but nada about my resorts.

I think the new wording indicates that you can cancel a reservation without penalty up to the same day of arrival but I think Disney will continue giving people at least 7 days if Disney is cancelling or changing it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter