WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Reminds me at the resort I used to work at. We had a gym and no one under 15 was allowed. Anytime we questioned someone, all they had to say was, I'm 15, and we had to let them in, no way for us to force them to prove it

Agreed. This was more enforceable when the age was 3 since it at least lined up with the age for tickets. I guess we'll see.

I've been busy all afternoon, this is a new page for me
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/Welcoming You Back to Walt Disney World Resort

Our Annual Passholders are some of our most loyal and valued Guests. We truly can’t wait to welcome you back—and we will do it with great thought.

With that in mind, when the parks reopen, park capacity will be significantly limited—and may continue to be for a period of time, based on guidance from health experts to promote physical distancing.

We understand how much excitement, thought and time goes into planning your Disney visits and realize some new changes may be disappointing. For example, during this unprecedented time, an annual pass will not guarantee park entry and Annual Passholders will be required to make an advance reservation to enter a park.

Please note that:

• During the limited capacity period, it may be difficult for Annual Passholders to get park reservations to visit on certain dates. To help manage capacity, total reservation days held at one time will be limited. More details will be shared in the coming weeks.
  • Some pass benefits and features will not be available during periods of limited capacity. Also, park experiences and offerings will be modified and subject to limited availability or even closure.
  • Annual passes are subject to blockout dates. Guests should ensure their pass type is valid for park entry prior to making a park reservation.

As we prepare for the reopening of the parks, we’re planning a special preview opportunity for Annual Passholders. We look forward to sharing details with you soon.

Please know we will be here to help you as we remain focused on delivering a wonderful experience for everyone who visits.

If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. Options to manage your annual pass continue to be available during the closure period.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/
Well, the castle looks beautiful in that picture! (I think that’s a real picture? I know people kept saying they weren’t working on it but there were aerial photos that were posted a couple weeks ago and it showed cranes all around the castle and the turrets were clearly the new brighter blue, so it looked like they were actually painting it.)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/Welcoming You Back to Walt Disney World Resort

Our Annual Passholders are some of our most loyal and valued Guests. We truly can’t wait to welcome you back—and we will do it with great thought.

With that in mind, when the parks reopen, park capacity will be significantly limited—and may continue to be for a period of time, based on guidance from health experts to promote physical distancing.

We understand how much excitement, thought and time goes into planning your Disney visits and realize some new changes may be disappointing. For example, during this unprecedented time, an annual pass will not guarantee park entry and Annual Passholders will be required to make an advance reservation to enter a park.

Please note that:

• During the limited capacity period, it may be difficult for Annual Passholders to get park reservations to visit on certain dates. To help manage capacity, total reservation days held at one time will be limited. More details will be shared in the coming weeks.
  • Some pass benefits and features will not be available during periods of limited capacity. Also, park experiences and offerings will be modified and subject to limited availability or even closure.
  • Annual passes are subject to blockout dates. Guests should ensure their pass type is valid for park entry prior to making a park reservation.

As we prepare for the reopening of the parks, we’re planning a special preview opportunity for Annual Passholders. We look forward to sharing details with you soon.

Please know we will be here to help you as we remain focused on delivering a wonderful experience for everyone who visits.

If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. Options to manage your annual pass continue to be available during the closure period.
Was this an email that went out? I used to get the passholder emails, but I didn’t get this one

I'm hearing UO will require temp checks at the hotel. How does that work though? Whether it's an ear infection or covid (god forbid), we can't plan for that and we can't just go home lol. I assume they will have procedures to accomdodate febrile people to be in their rooms at least but still. Worst case scenario and a family contracts covid, will they have CM's deliver food?

The cons are stacking up. I have an inflammatory condition that has occasionally led to a temperature over 100. It's not an infectious fever and I can't predict when it happens. I feel like the temp checks are ironically unhelpful. Asymptomatic people often don't have fevers and symptomatic people might not. I'd rather be asked how I'm feeling. There has to be a certain trust transaction at a theme park. Masks are the mainstay for keeping droplets contained in hospital settings and is the best we can expect of anyone.

If they do that at AKL I might be in trouble. When I get an emotional stress I get a hot flash. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I know, off topic.

Please note that:

This reads like a left handed compliment ! Thank you for being among our most loyal guests and paying a ton for your annual pass but we can’t guarantee you entry into our parks that you paid to enter and once you enter please note it won’t be the experience you expected when you paid us! Oh and by the way check your blackout dates! Geez if a company ever wanted to erode its brand loyalty this one is showing the way!

This reads like a left handed compliment ! Thank you for being among our most loyal guests and paying a ton for your annual pass but we can’t guarantee you entry into our parks that you paid to enter and once you enter please note it won’t be the experience you expected when you paid us! Oh and by the way check your blackout dates! Geez if a company ever wanted to erode its brand loyalty this one is showing the way!
I know, this is really starting to turn me off.

I bought my park tickets through UT for Sept., called them to see what my options were for my water park and NBA experience visits that may be lost. They said that they are willing to refund the entire tickets, but not give back the difference between base tickets and the plus option. And then you'd have to buy base tickets (so I can fill in the 2 added days at the parks, that would be lost). I asked, but wouldn't that be at risk of getting out of line, so to speak, for reservation queue, and maybe those new tickets couldn't be linked in MDE (didn't know). I would think any refund would have to be done by UT and not Disney? I'd rather have the longer base tickets, but I probably should just hold tight to know for sure that the water parks/NBA going to be shut down in Sept?

I bought my park tickets through UT for Sept., called them to see what my options were for my water park and NBA experience visits that may be lost. They said that they are willing to refund the entire tickets, but not give back the difference between base tickets and the plus option. And then you'd have to buy base tickets (so I can fill in the 2 added days at the parks, that would be lost). I asked, but wouldn't that be at risk of getting out of line, so to speak, for reservation queue, and maybe those new tickets couldn't be linked in MDE (didn't know). I would think any refund would have to be done by UT and not Disney? I'd rather have the longer base tickets, but I probably should just hold tight to know for sure that the water parks/NBA going to be shut down in Sept?

Disney can’t refund UT tickets. You do have to go through them as I just had a 4 day one park special ticket for June that couldn’t be changed to August dates because it isn’t sold and Disney said I couldn’t use it or upgrade it through them,

So, I had to call UT...buy a new one first...then they processed a full refund, even though it was an e Ticket. Of course, today, don’t I notice that Disney extended the dates to Sept 2021...I could have kept it! Oh well.

Disney can’t refund UT tickets. You do have to go through them as I just had a 4 day one park special ticket for June that couldn’t be changed to August dates because it isn’t sold and Disney said I couldn’t use it or upgrade it through them,

So, I had to call UT...buy a new one first...then they processed a full refund, even though it was an e Ticket. Of course, today, don’t I notice that Disney extended the dates to Sept 2021...I could have kept it! Oh well.
Thanks. So your 4 day one park per day tickets were extended to 9/2021, even though that product is not available anymore? UT said that despite Disney no longer selling tickets, they have plenty of inventory and encouraged to take the refund and buy new base tickets. And I hesitated, because I wasn't sure if new tickets could be linked in MDE, and I wasn't sure that my on site hotel reservations would be enough to keep me in line for the reservation system. I skimmed through a few of the more recent pages I've missed here, and it sounds like we still don't know for sure if both tickets and on site hotel reservations are required for priority.

Did anyone's AP linked to their MDE disappear? Ours are valid for 5 more months and they are no longer showing.

I'm wondering how this will impact those AP holders who have room reservations? We have 10 days reserved at two WDW hotels and Platinum APs, so no blackout dates. We didn't purchase platinum passes to be restricted. Sorry if I sound entitled, but I hate wondering and wish Disney would give us clear answers.

I'm wondering how this will impact those AP holders who have room reservations? We have 10 days reserved at two WDW hotels and Platinum APs, so no blackout dates. We didn't purchase platinum passes to be restricted. Sorry if I sound entitled, but I hate wondering and wish Disney would give us clear answers.

I’m right there with ya. 14 day trip summer, 9 in the fall. After I read the latest post about AP’s, I poured myself a glass of wine and turned up my music. A lot of answers needed - a lot of thinking to do. I hate complaining at a time like this, but I’m just so disappointed ☹

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter