WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I think it’s more to protect the servers. Like, they brought your drink and you can drink it, but it would be courteous for you to put your mask back on to interact with them while placing your food order. That sort of thing.
Right, and I did say we wear our masks when placing orders. I just don’t get if we are supposed to be pulling down and then pulling back up masks to take a sip of wine or eat some bread until the meal arrives. Seems like that is actively eating or drinking, but the prior poster said masks needed while waiting for food to arrive. Just seems like the rule isn’t clearly articulated.

Masks are like so hard

And I need to have my face full at all times especially in every single line. Can't go longer than 20 minutes without a snack.

When I'm not tee hee "sipping" I mean GULPING my super sized drink.

Can I smoke at the table? It's AMURIKA last I checked. I have a right to my smoke - you can't prove it causes cancer anyway. Caaaannn I Vaaaappppee............Why do I have to wear clothes...it's tooooo hot.

When does it end? I am so dreading this trip - If DVD would give me my points back, I wouldn't set foot anywhere on that property with the general public. I have a 35 year old fit healthy friend that works for the Health Department that is down with COVID - day 12. She missed the vaccine by one day. I lost an Uncle to it last summer. Two Aunts have it. My DD's MIL, an RN, almost died from it. But...masks are so hard.

And please mods, we're supposed to follow Disney's rules - not come on here and whine about them or brag about not following them or threaten people that are going to insist on having Disney enforce them. The Dis shoudl be supporting the rules!
I am not whining, all the sarcasm is not needed. I just genuinely don’t understand what this rule entails. I WISH Disney would put in more outdoor seating at restaurants but since so much is indoor, I have to understand what they mean. And I really don’t because as far as I understand, I am actively eating and drinking pretty much the whole time I’m at a restaurant. If the rule was “wear mask until your order is placed” that would make more sense-we do that already.

Covid has been terrible for our family too. I was very sick for months, still haven’t recovered 100%. Lost a grandmother. Not making light of it.

I think it’s more to protect the servers. Like, they brought your drink and you can drink it, but it would be courteous for you to put your mask back on to interact with them while placing your food order. That sort of thing.

I do have to say we ate in MK last night and our waiter had a mask and visor on. Many times he stopped by while we were eating and asked if we needed anything, how everything was, etc. So do I stop eating/drinking, grab my mask, put it on and then answer him? I’m personally not going to take a bite, take a sip and then put the mask on in between. I just won’t go to TS, which is ok and I have the choice to make. Although part of me is tempted to go and see how this all plays out LOL.

It'll be interesting to see how this is enforced...seems a bit odd considering the tables should be socially distanced etc.

ETA: Are you there now and they made some kind of announcement?
No its updated on their website now - read it on DFB

Right, and I did say we wear our masks when placing orders. I just don’t get if we are supposed to be pulling down and then pulling back up masks to take a sip of wine or eat some bread until the meal arrives. Seems like that is actively eating or drinking, but the prior poster said masks needed while waiting for food to arrive. Just seems like the rule isn’t clearly articulated.

I am not whining, all the sarcasm is not needed. I just genuinely don’t understand what this rule entails. I WISH Disney would put in more outdoor seating at restaurants but since so much is indoor, I have to understand what they mean. And I really don’t because as far as I understand, I am actively eating and drinking pretty much the whole time I’m at a restaurant. If the rule was “wear mask until your order is placed” that would make more sense-we do that already.

Covid has been terrible for our family too. I was very sick for months, still haven’t recovered 100%. Lost a grandmother. Not making light of it.

that posters sarcasm is especially cringe pay no attention to them it’s like covid gave rise people who have no authority thinking they have some power lecturing you about placing a cloth on your face like their saving the world.

honestly the new rule is how I have done it all along in restaurants. Once you have a drink and are taking sips of it mask off. If you aren’t going to be sipping it for a bit mask back on. If you have food at the table and are not done with the food that is there - mask off. Once you are finished what food is at the table and waiting on check or another course - mask on if it is going to be significant time. Don’t worry about remasking when the waiter comes if you are eating. It’s ok. Just try to mask when you don’t have food or drink or won’t be eating for awhile. Don’t worry about it. Sorry about furthering the discussion but I just wanted to let the poster know how I do it and how they probably are ok with it.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but just as an update on what is open, Polar Patios at Blizzard Beach are now available for booking (following March 7 of course). I had been calling to try to book one for our March trip for a couple of weeks but they weren't taking reservations when I called before. I was able to get one today though!

The phone number to book is 407-939-7529.

Would you happen to remember which prompt you chose? I’m on my second try of an hour plus hold. Closest one was resort pool cabana so I chose that prompt. Thanks!

Would you happen to remember which prompt you chose? I’m on my second try of an hour plus hold. Closest one was resort pool cabana so I chose that prompt. Thanks!

That’s the one I used too. I think they are just understaffed—I just kept my phone on hold in the background on speaker until they picked up but you’re right it was a long time. They did eventually pick up though!

We're here now, nothing has been different in terms of masks from our trip in oct or sept. We do try to make sure we're wearing our masks until we order the first time, but that's it...many ppl come in and take them off as soon as they sit down. Disney might have changed some wording in things, but in real life, nothing has changed.

No its updated on their website now - read it on DFB
Just coming back to report; we've been here almost a week and have eaten a a number of table service and quick service...nothing has changed in practice from 6 months ago. Not sure if Disneys intention was to make any changes (I don't think so,) but either way there have been no changes in practice here.

Temp checks at MK opened i think around 8 am (ish) today. We left CR to walk over at 7:40 and were held for a bit and then held a couple more minutes after security.

We rode 7DMT and PP pre opening. HM and Small World were not open early. We could have easily ridden PP 2 more times though. Carousel was running but we didn't go over there. (We decided to wait for small world, but I'd guess maybe Space was open too?)
How far back in line were you leaving CR at 7:40am?

How far back in line were you leaving CR at 7:40am?
I'm sorry, I don't recall exactly but I just asked DH and he also seems to think we were in the first 20 groups.

Maybe someone who has stayed at CR more recently can chime in? (Parks are way busier now than they were in January)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!