• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Statistical info needed for an Economics Project Please Help

Sorcerer_Matt

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,
I decided to post this help forum here because I have noticed that many of you have a very large knowledge (More than I have) of Walt Disney World and the Walt Disney Company. For my AP Economics class, we have to do a market analysis for a product of our choice. Being that I know a lot of info about WDW, I decided to pick this one. I was wandering if anyone can help me by giving me web sites where I can find good solid data. We are to answer the following questions (most of which I know the answer to already, but any help would be greatly appreciated):

What is the product and why did you choose it?

What is the History of the product?

What is the current market for the product?

What factors other than competition determine the price?

How successful is your product in terms of profitability?

What recomendations would you make to increase sales and lower expenses?

Also, I thought that the folowing data would be helpful for my oral presentation:
Total guests per year
Revenue
Profitability
Income Statements
Annual Reports
Does anyone know where I can find this info?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!
Thanks,
Matt
:bounce:

For the facts/figures you wanted to add to your presentation, you will find them in last year's Annual Report, sent out to all stockholders, and probably available at a local library.

As far as attendance goes, you won't find any accurate numbers, as WDW attendance figures are confidential.

Good luck with your project!

I think the Disney Website (corporate) also has the annual report online, or you can order a copy (I don't know if you will get it in time for your project by mail).

Try Yahoo!Finance under the ticker symbol DIS. Lots of info there!

A couple of useful sites are marketguide.com (they'll give you financial summaries as well as industry rankings and comparisons) and NY Times (an article search will likely yield some pertinent history and financial analysis).

Corporate web sites also usually provide links to copies of annual reports and press releases including periodic financial updates (10-k's, etc).

I'm just starting a grad level macro-economic course and had my group members vote down Disney in favor of an airline as our study focus...darn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter