WDW Romantic Gestures

Pixie Power!

DIS Veteran
As im spending my honeymoon at WDW and on Wonder, can anyone give me some ideas for making this time extra special. What did you DW or DH do for you?

I have some ideas, but i would like to hear yours....

Thanks

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

What a great question!
We are going for our HM and can't wait... oh, actually I think it's because the planning is driving me nuts but....

i'm surprising fi with tickets to la nouba and dinner. :)

caitycaity, what is la nouba and where is it please?

also, why is it so special, please tell me all the details:)

My favorites for romance at WDW:

Circqu du Soleil - La Nouba
I have not seen this at WDW, but have seen it before and agree that this is an incredible show. The music, the lighting and the atmosphere can be very sexy!

Dinner at:
California Grill just before the fireworks
Artist Point - romantic in general
Rose & Crown on the patio during Illuminations

Watching fireworks from your balcony (if it applies) or the lagoons with a glass of wine is very nice.

I also think that a Breathless Burst is the best ride at WDW! Its kind of romantic and fun too!

And I know its corny, but DH and I both think its kind of romantic to ride Jungle Cruise at night - nostalgia I guess!

Watching the kiss goodnight (and getting one)from Walt's sitting park is always sweet!

A fireworks cruise would be lovely--particularly a cruise on the Breathless

Share a milkshake at the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain at Downtown Disney

Sit in hammocks on Poly beach and watch fireworks

Enjoy your honeymoon!

I don't know whether I'm too late, but just in case...How about the Surial Bath at the spa on the Wonder. My husband and I enjoyed this on the Magic last March. ;)

I don't know if I'm too late but here are some romantic ideas. Visiting the MK at night when the castle lit up is extemely romantic. How about sitting along the pathway of the castle at night and just cuddle and take it all in? A fireworks cruise sounds very romantic, although I've never done it...I've heard nothing but great things! Taking a late night or early morning stroll at your resort is romantic. A dinner at San Angel Inn or maybe Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge would be nice. I'm sure your honeymoon will be full of romance and I hope you have a wonderful time :)

We used WDW florist. You can order rose petals to be delivered to the front desk and have room service spread them all over the room. Or you can order chocolates, spa kits, and other items from them. Another thing we did was lay in the hammock on our beach and listen to the steel drum band. BTW, we went to La Nouba the first night and it was FANTASTIC. We thought Cirque was a little circus thing, and never knew it was so artistic and fun!

I think Pixie is already gone, but for future thread readers...our most romantic moment was when we had late PS for Cindy's at dinner. The park closed at 7:00 and we thought we had screwed up because the PS was for 7:15. Anyway, we were fine and had dinner. When we finished and finally left, it was around 8:30. There was NOBODY in the park. We just stood there at the railing overlooking the courtyard with the castle all blue and purpley behind us and enjoyed being the prince and princess of this fabulous place for 10 minutes. We walked up Main Street by ourselves, said goodnight to a security guy who said a very pleasant good night back to us and went back to our villa. It was just so special.

Minnie Mouse that idea is awesome. I would love to have my picture taken with my DH in front of the lit up castle with no one on main street. How special that must be. Thanks for the idea

Just a tip on the picture at night. The head of the Electrical Parade took our picture on Main street at night in front of the castle and I was so mad when we got the photos back. Our faces were sooooo white, and the castle was somewhat dark. I havent a clue as to what happened with our camera, but make sure you check yours out. I was sooo disappointed that it happened and I would hate for it to happen to someone else. We wanted to use that photo on our Christmas card.

KJMAX1,

I do not think that it was your camera. It was the lighting and your flash. The flash was too bright therefor your faces were washed out. The castle was dark because the light from the flash only goes so far.

Yeah, my pictures at night turned out interesting with some grain, some color, some dark. Definitely not clear. No, when we were at the castle after dark, we were just standing there drinking it all in. You might try a faster speed of film depending on your camera. I had 400 in mine and the pictures weren't total losses. Just not the best. But boy did the daylight ones turn out crisp and clear.

I just thought that I would add a few ideas for romance in your room. Bring some travel candles ( i got some from a candle party that has a very safe base and its own travel case). Do not bring on a cruise (lol a little dangerous). Also bring a boom box with some nice music for your room. Champage or wine glasses and of course some beverage for them. Maybe some plug in night lights would work instead of the candles for romantic lighting. Have your picture taken together. Good luck everyone out there. Romance is around every corner

Here are some things we did during our recent Wedding/Honeymoon trip to WDW and the Disney Cruise Line:

WDW:
Breakfast in Bed
Breakfast on the balcony in our Savannah View Room, watching the animals as the mist was still rising from the savannah
Take a walk at night, with the castle lit in the background, from the Polynesian to the Wedding Pavilion and back again
Champagne and candles while soaking in a jacuzzi (Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon room)
Watch the MK fireworks together, cuddled in the back of the ferry from the MK to the GF
Dinner at the California Grill by candlelight, overlooking the MK during the fireworks
Dinner at Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge
Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table - don't forget to wear your Wedding Ears!
Sitting on a bench by the Partners Statue, watching the Goodnight Kiss on the Castle

DCL:
Breakfast in Bed or on your balcony, overlooking the island or the sea (the great thing about this - food is all inclusive, so there is no additional cost to have your food brought to your room instead of eating at the restaurants!)
The Surial Bath - there is NOTHING as fun, romantic, and wonderful as this spa treatment. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!
Couples Massage in an Open-Air Cabana on Castaway Cay
Dinner at Palo's

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter