WDW Rise of the Resistance - Getting tickets. How early is transportation from a resort available?

BassikEd

Earning My Ears
Hi.
I've been reading about and viewing the posts about getting tickets for this ride. It seems that tickets are only available for a short period early in the morning. No problem understanding that. My question is how to get from the resort, Grand Floridian in my case, to Hollywood Studios at 5 AM? Does Lyft or "Mini Vans" run at that time or can they be booked? Can they transport an ECV?
Thanks for any advise.

Over Christmas, the park opened at 7. We got a bus at All Star Music at 5:45am to the park, we arrived around 6. The way it worked when we did it is they opened the gates around 6:30am and filled up Hollywood Boulevard. The boarding group sign up on the app opened right at 7. We got a low boarding group too so that was nice. So it wasn't really necessary to be there super early(like leaving at 5 would be too early in my experience). You will be able to get a Lyft, but transporting an ecv may be an issue if it doesn't break apart and we have experienced quite a few Lyft drivers with their trunks full of stuff.

I’m not sure if the Minnie vans are running earlier now with the masses heading to DHS so early but they used to start at 6:30 am. Their starting location was near Disney springs so it would take them a little while to make it to GF if that is still the procedure. They do have ones that can accommodate 1 ecv at a time but they couldn’t be booked via the app b/c there was no way to specify that’s what you needed. You had to call a number that was on the business cards they gave out in order to book an ECV compatible one. We’ve never booked one with an ECV just always liked making conversation with our driver when we did use one.

Hi.
I've been reading about and viewing the posts about getting tickets for this ride. It seems that tickets are only available for a short period early in the morning. No problem understanding that. My question is how to get from the resort, Grand Floridian in my case, to Hollywood Studios at 5 AM? Does Lyft or "Mini Vans" run at that time or can they be booked? Can they transport an ECV?
Thanks for any advise.

I suggest calling the Minnie Van number and asking them about it. I've taken the one that can hold an ECV (I think they have some that can hold two ECVs) and it's definitely a nice service.

Why do you want to be there at 5am?
Boarding groups are not available until official park opening. You should be at the park 30-45 minutes prior to park opening to get through security and the gate.
Good luck

I would just use Disney busses as long as your at the park 30-45 minutes before park opens you will have the same chance as the people that got there 3 hours early. Remember you get your boarding group for your phone on the MDE app right when the park opens

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!