WDW Resort TV app?

NWOhiogal

Mouseketeer
I noticed that iTunes has an app called "WDW Resort TV".

It claims to show a "live" version of the same WDW resort channel that plays on the TVs at the resorts, featuring animations of the various parks and Disney Springs combined with park information, show times, bus info, etc., all accompanied by Disney-themed music on an endless loop.

Out of curiosity - and I liked the music that was playing in the hotel room as I got ready to go into the parks - I downloaded the app, but it doesn't seem to be 'live' at all - the date is correct but the screen isn't configured like the screen in the hotel, and the backgrounds aren't animated. In addition, no matter when I turn on the app, it always starts in the same place: Magic Kingdom, with "We're Following the Leader" playing. Either that's a huge coincidence, or this app is a put-on.

That said...is there any way to actually access the same 'channel' that's playing on the resort TVs? Or is it that anyone claiming to show the channel 'live' just pulled the audio from some YouTube videos and made their own screens to go with it?

I just downloaded the WDW Today app for the same reasons you tried WDW Resort TV and it plays the exact same way you are experiencing.

Made me ask the same questions.

I don't think there's any way to access the same channel at the resorts but there are many loops that are on YouTube that have been pulled from that channel. Some of them are several hours long

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter